A Kajiura SPECULAH thread, apparently.

My guess is that she wrote the trailer music going off the first few episodes of the anime, when it seemed like an intimate story about 2 children connecting in the face of adversity. When they handed her the rest of the story, she probably switched gears and adjusted the ost to be more climactic and foreboding.
I don't think that would be a reason? It's not like it was an original story. The first episode adapted the manga shot4panel and is the entire adult murder set-up as well as the children twist. The anime production adapted the entirety of the manga (slight changes to the end or not) - even if Kajiura for some reason did not have access to the at the time unreleased ending, she still would've had most of the story out there.

I figure the original TVCM was created before the scheduled recording sessions and Kajiura just cooked something up with the soloists easier/faster. Or like you said in the last part, Kajiura/Iwanami simply decided later on that it was not a good fit for them and the show.

Regardless, too bad for us. Curse them for not including it as a bonus track on OST. ;P

I'm sure there's more than just the girls considering the story description of a family and their attendants?servants.

And if you really want to see more then click on the characters page on that manga site.

I've not read the mango. All I know is the description from ANN/first post.

Knowing it's CloverWorks, I looked at some of their shows and their sound directors/composer choices.
(Obviously I'm once again pigdeonholing composers that I know.)

I feel like this might go to Yasuharu Takanashi/Team-MAX. (Or maybe it's wishful thinking, since I'd love a new OST from YT without the metal shtick. After all, the last OST from him I liked was SHI-KI.)
Though I also see they had Kaoru Wada for Ace Atttorney. (Once again, NGL I'd love for Kaoru Wada to do a spooky show. He's probably busy on Yashahime though, looking forward to that. Also, CloverWorks only did S2 of Phoenix Wright and Kaoru Wada was on the first season already.)

Edit:
BUT WAIT
Scratch all the above.
IWANAMI was sound director on their Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai.

Kajiura is back in the speculah game. Sucks Iwanami is the current likely link though, lol.

Edit2:
Oh gosh...
This year's The Millionaire Detective - Balance: UNLIMITED anime was directed by Tomohiko Ito (SAO/ERASED) with Iwanami on sound direction...

Guys... What are the odds...

Also, considering CloverWorks' schedule for January (apparently 3 TV shows=yikes!), seems like even April might be too soon.

Last edited:
Oh if it's Cloverworks then don't expect too much of Kajiura appearing then (If it's collab again I'mma :stupidtable::stupidbox::voodoo:)

I'm gonna bet it's one of those Sawano's protege particularly the wamen who composed Darling in the Flops. But seriously, they going this kind of anime that has atmosphere of Promised Neverland too? lol

Oh if it's Cloverworks then don't expect too much of Kajiura appearing then
Why not?
The fact is Ito and Iwanami (both of ERASED and original SAO) have just worked with CloverWorks for that one 2020 anime.

I feel this fact can only be in favour of our Kajiura SPECULAH. Considering we were already doing it just based on the key visual and supernatural mystery description alone, with ANIPLEX as backup.

Anyone from Sawano's team would be shocking to me TBH, lulz.

Last edited:
Ya you right though, for now this project just points out to Kajiura mostly lol. She be doing many songs/OSTS too based on her previous tweets so we might expect moreeeeeeee opportunities (Thanks LiSA for clout!)

If someone watched Aniplex Online Fest around July?, there's a panel about aniplex producers who suddenly talk about the music in anime. Funnily one guy(not to be confused with the manager of Kajiura lol) they invited interestingly also shown when Kajiura is recording(The video of Kajiura behind-the-scenes of SAO) and Shizuka KUROSAKI - Anime News Network:SEA also worked with Kajiura in El Melloi. So safe to say, producers of Animus has more to say who to choose in a certain projects. SADLY, most anime announcements focus on Directors/Staff/Cast than producers so we speculah on those :plot:

We work with what we have. ^_^

People editing Wikis don't care to even list any producers beyond the company.

Only hardcore fans care about cast, judging by the character art its gonna be some loly voices. Its the staff that brings the most quality most of the time.

Back