Yuki Kajiura LIVE #19 Kajifes 2023 - 30th Anniversary Live (Blu-ray releases / Box set announced for May 29, 2024)

very first impressions:

yuri is fing awesome, yuriko is also but in the background still sadly.

wth happened to obsession ugh

still enjoyed fanfare a lot. can elaborate more once i listened to everything

camera issue is legit, shaky and blurry as if someone poked the lens from the side xD

holy shit... turn volume up in Fate/Zero... the whole atmosphere gave me the chills... that cello beginning live ... ooof.. so powerful.

Last edited:
moment Kajiura rejoices because they nailed every note to perfection

Attachments

• wenailedeverynote.jpg
    wenailedeverynote.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 66
Joelle's voice almost breaking twice in the world wasn't what i expected... Idk and idc how much studio magix was involved but call me crazy: the chanting at the end with Wakana in vol.2 >>>>> any version with Joelle.

liminality gave me goosebumps it's so GOOD.

one okay SAO song and it ended up being the one they cut lmao

in love with Keiko's tone in Hoshikuzu. nearly can't hear Joelle's harmony in the idiyaa idiyaa at all.

not a big fan of Kaori's embellishments in Hanamori no Oka.

Yuri Kasahara was PHENOMENAL, I really wished someone had knocked enough sense to Kajiura so she included MATERIALISE and just cut one aimer song.

skipped aimer's because shit voice and mostly shit songs (the only one I kinda liked was I beg you and iirc the vol.16 version was quite messy so I didn't bother). Welp apparently a good reason I skipped because I beg you wasn't included lmao

obsession was awful because LINO LEIA was singing it like she was karaokeing, her voice just didn't work, AND KAJIURA FFS JOELLE WAS THERE. the live arrangement was cool tho.

Senya Ichiya was okay. I mostly adore this song for the arrangement as the song itself was my least favorite of all the see-saw hack songs.

skipped stone cold and Parallel Hearts because meh... (and stone cold from HS Party was so good anyway so I think that one was hard to be beaten)

Joelle was great in the Image Theme of Xenosaga II (and so did everyone). idk what LINO LEIA and rito was doing there lmao they didn't add anything to the song.

soukyuu no fanfare has become my guilty pleasure and I'm okay with it.

Yuriko one day they will treat you better omg one song with you leading it and they cut it from the TV broadcast :(

tl;dr: pretty enjoyable, other than Yuri Kasahara songs they're mostly forgettable. Kajiura really doubled down on the second day and mostly gave the first day scraps lmao. stop inviting aimer and let KEIKO sing the world again.

Last edited:
lol keiko running across the stage

I think I prefer HS PARTY stone cold. I don't know, I can only guess the energy is more infectious in smaller venues to me.
And I feel like someone definitely should've gotten fired for the camera issues... It's really distracting...

Last edited:
I skipped directly to Kasahara simply because i was dying to hear her sing live (first time on a video since dream port where she got the opening lines only lol) Liminality was really good and point zero too even though i think the girls didnt reach tokyo konsei in singing power even though thats to be expected as there are 4 and not a choir. Salva nos was awesome as good as the Fiction ver and even better because it was live :D I was let down by the e-violin, for some reason Konno's electric violin sounds like a wind instrument instead of violin to me. I'd prefer a real violin + mic setup.

Last edited:
Okay, so

tldr: Yuri Kasahara wins. Period. Nothing to discuss.

Remi and LINO LEIA were definitely the weakest parts for me.
I just don't like Remi's BGM choices here and TBH they did her dirty by having her on the same night as Yuri (no matter any studio magic hacks).
I'm happy for everyone who is a fan of LINO LEIA but I'm not buying anything she's selling. I have zero faith in her doing cazador justice on DAY2.
I would've skipped My Story, too, as it does nothing for me live. (edit: the hell did I get My Home from? lol.)

Last edited:
Yuri is the everything. Her performance and stage presence are really just on another level. I just wish Kajiura had picked better songs for her. Liminality is incredible, but Point Zero and Salva Nos are kind of boring. I'd have swapped them out for The Flower Will Bloom and Materialise.

Remi was nice but boring song choices let her down

Rito was good on Senya Ichiya and Lino wasn't as bad as I expected (tho I do agree that Kajiura should keep her away from "legacy" songs)

All the other performers were good to great - Kaori seemed to be in a particularly good mood cuz she was quite expressive and active

Honestly not a bad live. Newer song choices would have made it better but that's par the course for Kajiura. String Quartet needs to be a staple.

the world - Joelle at 03:13 :((( Kajiura's face at 3:30 "good it's coming back..."

liminality - Yuri's gorgeous. it's very very hard to recapture the studio version and yes they did it. keiko and kaori adding low range: sublime. switching to classic violin would be the next level lol. Yuri reaching stars is a bit ... funny in the end xD =love=

twilight - I think the hidden hero of the live might be Kaori (after Yuriko of course lol). such a nice ending with Keiko. other than that the same old.

Remi songs are let down. no one looks happy when performing swordland. even the percussion guy looked as if he was struggling to reach his drums xD

wow the camera is shit. poor Remi. at least the camera was a bit more lenient on Yuri who glowed lol.

Hoshikuzu - very good, Keiko shines. Yuriko's highs are of course welcome.

Hanamori no Oka - hmm prefer previous versions I think Kaori got nervous in this one, especially the first half. I could even see a big gulp xD

We’re gonna groove - such a sad but hopeful song. one of my favs. nice:)

obsession - skip. no. I feel like it's turned into a stripper club with incredibly bad singing. bye.

Senya ichiya - cello + piano is lovely. the vocals are meh but i'm not a fan of rito or non-canonical FJ vocals so,. the violin in the middle is nice.

Point zero - it's superb. It adds so much to the live i think because up to this point nothing was dark. and here emotions took a dark turn lol. cello in the beginning muah. Yuri is amazing.

Salva nos - Yuri is exceptional. the guitar in the beginning was a nice touch. String quartet makes a such a difference. @57:51 WHAT DECIBELS OF POWERRRRR. oof Yuri!

Aimer is not for me. it still sounds a puff of air to me. but it sounds like it went reasonably well? i skimmed it.

My story - awww. I am happy that Kajiura thought this should be a part of 30th anniversary. brings back memories.

Parallel hearts & stone cold - enjoyable enough. samey samey but still fun. Yuriko's highs add so much. Kajiura singing in stone cold is of course so cute.

image theme of Xenosaga - Joelle + Keiko works. another track where string quartet is great!

fanfare - it's so happy. I like it hehe. everyone did well:)

Last edited:
Yuri is the everything. Her performance and stage presence are really just on another level. I just wish Kajiura had picked better songs for her. Liminality is incredible, but Point Zero and Salva Nos are kind of boring. I'd have swapped them out for The Flower Will Bloom and Materialise.
I disagree, i love all these 3 songs. But perhaps they should do a tour with many Kasara tracks just like the next tour will have alot of Eri Itou.

I'd have swapped them out for The Flower Will Bloom and Materialise.
I feel like this was a bit of a wasted opportunity for a Fate medley of some sorts.

Like you said the flower will bloom (Yuri) -> lancer and assassin (Remi) -> Hana no Uta (Aimer) or something like it

But again... I guess having Remi next to Yuri... uh... I don't know...

I would only ditch Point Zero though. XD
I don't really like the FICTION version of salva nos but getting it with video footage of Yuri having the best time (not sure how appropriate for the track but lul) somehow made it SOOOooo much better.

Last edited:
the world - Joelle at 03:13 :(((
Is there anything wrong there? I looked at 3:13 in the jps upload and bili and nothing throws me off, other than that damn video wobble.

Is it that the lipsync doesn't really match?

Back