Wakana solo career

I just realized I forgot to post a sum-up of my thoughts on the album. Oh well. Anyways, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

I kept worrying that I’d be disappointed by it in the end. I’ve loved all of Wakana’s previous releases, and it’s been so long that I started to doubt whether or not this album would live up to my expectations. But, sure enough, it did.

The mystical atmosphere of “Butterfly Dream”. The folky, immediately catchy tune of “Rapa Nui”, which also literally has lyrics from the language in it. The beautiful yet distinct ballads of “Shirushi” and “Kibou”, which display so much grief and hope at the same time. The absolutely phenomenal “Kara”, which I love in just about every regard, from the Spanish guitar arrangement to Wakana’s powerfully fun vocals. The interlude, which makes me feel at ease. The up-tempo “KEMONO”, which caught me so off guard that I just about screamed in joy. The gorgeous “Asu wo Yume Mite Utau”, with its emotionally cinematic composition, arrangement and vocals. Everything about “Flag” is just wonderful. The quaint “Sono Saki He”, with a lovely melody and a powerful bridge that elevates the song to new heights. And the calm, warm tones of “Ato Hitotsu”, which is a beautiful album closer. A reminder of the past, the present, and the future.

Have I mentioned I adore this album? Because I do. So, so much. Wakana does it again!

It's true! I like being able to listen to different versions of songs, each one has its own identity:dote:

Last night setlist:

1. Sono saki he
2. Butterfly dream
3. Rapa nui
4. Kara
5. Kibo
6. Amazing grace
7. Shirushi
8. Sorairo no isu
9. Storia
10. Hikari no Senritsu
11. Mononoke hime
12. Toki ni wa Mukashi no Hanashi wo
13. Flag
14. Asu wo yumemi te utau
Encore
15. Happy hello day
16. Ato hitotsu

My Kajifes is complete now :cheer:

Last edited:
Again, I don’t understand. Did she sign any contract to shadow-ban Wakana? It’s FictionJunction the mean girls with Kajiura being the queen bee?

To be honest, I don't really think so. We can only speculate but I don't think there's much bad blood, or even any bad blood, between Kajiura + her songstresses and Wakana. Kajiura, Keiko, and Hikaru all still talked about Wakana with some degree of fondness - and they still mentioned her name on several interviews post Spacecraft incident + Kalafina break up in 2018. It's their management who's at fault, because there's definitely bad blood between Kajiura + Yasunori Mori with Spacecraft that led to them leaving Spacecraft. I personally think they're in this situation where they could talk about each other if they want to, but they can't publicly say that they went to each other's events because events like concerts are arranged by their respective management companies.

Also, just as an add-on, Keiko has apparently mentioned that she listens to Wakana’s solo music in a past Instagram live. That combined with the Hikaru Pear Conspiracy (which I subscribe to), it’s definitely likely that they still support each other in at least some capacity.

To be honest, I don't really think so. We can only speculate but I don't think there's much bad blood, or even any bad blood, between Kajiura + her songstresses and Wakana. Kajiura, Keiko, and Hikaru all still talked about Wakana with some degree of fondness - and they still mentioned her name on several interviews post Spacecraft incident + Kalafina break up in 2018. It's their management who's at fault, because there's definitely bad blood between Kajiura + Yasunori Mori with Spacecraft that led to them leaving Spacecraft. I personally think they're in this situation where they could talk about each other if they want to, but they can't publicly say that they went to each other's events because events like concerts are arranged by their respective management companies.
Speaking of possible conflict...

Maybe a bit of a hot take (and hope I'm not stirring a hornet's nest), but I did feel attitude from Kaori towards Wakana during multiple songs in the YKL Vol 14 Elemental 2014 Live. Don't know if anyone had noticed this before.

Specifically watch "Eternal Blue", and "Parallel Hearts" (maybe a couple others). On the surface, it seems Wakana was (for some yet unknown reason) not adhering to some of the stage movements/positioning changes that they'd rehearsed, and Kaori was visibly not pleased though trying to hide it. Seems like there was some disagreement off-stage prior to the live? This is the only conflict I noticed that wasn't rumor.

To confirm what I'm saying, watch those songs and pay close attention to each of the ladies whether they're singing or not (especially Wakana, Keiko, and Kaori).

Speaking of possible conflict...

Maybe a bit of a hot take (and hope I'm not stirring a hornet's nest), but I did feel attitude from Kaori towards Wakana during multiple songs in the YKL Vol 14 Elemental 2014 Live. Don't know if anyone had noticed this before.

Specifically watch "Eternal Blue", and "Parallel Hearts" (maybe a couple others). On the surface, it seems Wakana was (for some yet unknown reason) not adhering to some of the stage movements/positioning changes that they'd rehearsed, and Kaori was visibly not pleased though trying to hide it. Seems like there was some disagreement off-stage prior to the live? This is the only conflict I noticed that wasn't rumor.

To confirm what I'm saying, watch those songs and pay close attention to each of the ladies whether they're singing or not (especially Wakana, Keiko, and Kaori).
Omg I’ve been talking about the Vol 11(?) live forever and how kaori looks pissed

Omg I’ve been talking about the Vol 11(?) live forever and how kaori looks pissed
Oh yes she was so pissed she couldn't pretend. It was all over her face with her many head tosses and looking away (unable to look at Wakana at multiple times), and fake smiles to the audience and Keiko. I was shocked when I noticed this.

And Wakana seemed aware of it but intentionally acting up to get her even angrier! I sensed some passive-aggressiveness from her.

Even in "Eternal Blue", when Wakana went forward with Keiko for their power duet section, but refused (seemingly) to go backwards, Keiko went bank even further back and was visibly uncomfortable. When Keiko came back forward and Wakana stepped back look at the eye Keiko gave Wakana with a knowing coy smile, like she was saying, "what are you doing?" or "I see what you're doing there". Wakana slightly gave a apologetic nod/look, but the second time did the same thing (staying forward without moving back with Keiko) and Keiko was again uncomfortably looking away...

This was what made me feel Wakana was getting back at Kaori in a subtle way. Anyway there was some drama there definitely and it's good to see that you also noticed it.

Back