Yuki Kajiura participates in DEEMO THE MOVIE | OST and nocturne EP on Feb 23

I love it. She reminds me a bit of Asuka. It's so pretty. Just got to the bridge and wow.... making me cry. The ending too. I think this will be a favorite. Looking forward to hearing more by her now. The dress also on the cover reminds me of Kala's Hikari furu dresses.

Well I haven't listened to that one yet, so I will have to wait until tomorrow in order to, but Hinano's voice is amazing. Sometimes she sounds like a new artist, and others like in Yubikiri she sounds like one of Yuki's more refined singers, like Keiko or Rie. I am glad she did the one song with Yuki, since she is going to be huge, I am sure. I hope she does more songs with her now.

Song is very very prutty, but it's wasted on Hinano. Kajiurago and all background vocals seem to be Joelle like Guronti said.
Joelle sounds very gut in the new Inside a dream verse. Wish it was even longer, with a new, different part, but eh, I'll take it.

Good song. The voice is simply beautiful, it’s been a while. Quality strings and lot of piano as does suggest the movie title. Not a repetitive entry in Kajiura’s repertoire, if it isn’t for some vocal and piano notes that very unfortunately remind a lot of Homura.

IMO what is wasted is Kajiura’s time, she’s been busy for months with the auditions and all of this just for one song.

As for « inside a dream », to me it sounds like unprofessional Kajiurago, as if someone was randomly inspired by Kajiura’s style. And she begins the chant with notes very close to « in early spring », and same lyrics « esti » !

^ Εxcept that inside a dream is older than "in early spring" :P

HF 3 movie was screened in Japan on August 15, 2020 while the DEEMO Audition was announced 25 December 2019 and in that date the first trailer featuring inside a dream came out.

Anyway Kajiura is known to plagiarise herself so no surprise in case of similarities. The Vanitas theme is basically the Sayaka theme from Madoka

About the pv: it feels so awkward for me...I mean this close up camera work? I like her voice but she's invading my private sphere :D

The song haven’t grown on me yet. Sounds nice but haven’t left any impacts. I like the way that Hinano sang it in the recording though. It sounds definitely different from her singing in the audition. Seems like they could see her potential to sing Nocturne in this way and chose her, instead of expecting her to sing Nocturne with her singing style used in the audition.

Now I guess I quite understand why she’s chosen. If they want this kind of singing, Konoha is technically better, but her voice wouldn’t sound as rich as Hinano if she sings this song. Koko is another great match for this style, but she is too inexperienced and didn’t do well in the audition. Kanon did the best for Akatsuki no Kuruma, but her vocal range may be too low for this song. I didn’t see other outstanding candidates who are more proper for this song though… Out of all candidates, Hinano may not be the best, but probably just the most proper choice for the song.

I listened to the soundtrack, and the tracks are mostly all over the place, as if its just a cashgrab for the game's fans to watch.

The best track apart from the Kajiura ones, is Leviathan for me. The style of that track is a lot like what would Yoko Shimomura would make. Even though i think the violin is so fast that they didnt actually recorded it at this speed but in a lower one and sped it up with audio software. I also like the "Rabit" track which i think was also on the trailers. Main Theme was also quite nice.

Last edited:
I personally love this song. I don't get sick of it. It's like the two Rie Tanaka songs from Gundam Seed. I like how she says nocturne. She sings it correctly one time. It is a hard word to say, I would imagine for Japanese.

^ she had two years to have some english lesson to be able to pronounce it right, even with an accent though.

I hear it as noctaaa on both times

Anyway Kajiura is known to plagiarise herself so no surprise in case of similarities. The Vanitas theme is basically the Sayaka theme from Madoka
I think this is a bit of a stretch. It is true they are both "Kajiuran" melodies but they sound distinct enough to me. though self-plagiarizing is absolutely true.

^ Εxcept that inside a dream is older than "in early spring" :P

HF 3 movie was screened in Japan on August 15, 2020 while the DEEMO Audition was announced 25 December 2019 and in that date the first trailer featuring inside a dream came out.

You can't know when she composed a theme. "inside a dream" could be a rejected demo of "in early spring". Or "in early spring" could be the unused theme of an old project... Lot of possibilities.
In addition, HF3 was originally set for release on March, they delayed the movie because of C0VID. Pretty sure, she starting to work in the music by summer (2019) because at the end of the year ufotable released trailers with the music.

If you want a better example of auto-plagiarism just listen to THAT TRACK in Fena, lol.

Back