Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

I love the verse of Asa ga Kuru so much. I wish she kept going with the dark tone like lirica, instead of it going to generic Kajiura. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I love it, personally. Just love that first part so much. And the guitar slide reminds me of Umi to Shinjuu too much. Maybe she wrote them together? I kind of like it being dark and then a hopeful tune in the second part, now that I'm thinking about it. lol

transition to the 2nd verse was terrible you spend all that time on progressions and you still make a hard cut? ...
transition to the bridge was terrible
ending was lovely though
kajiura plz2chill and make coherently flowing songs

Last edited:
Is it the first time we got Kajiura mv in a guy POV?I feel like the the vocals and instrument tend to run off in diff. direction in different speed lol(tho they might went with this for dramatic style or watever). Good thing I can say is that the ending vocal part feels nice to listen cause different. Probably not the best produce by Kajiura this year imo but I do enjoy most of her recent songs so it's fine fine

Listening again, I'll give her props for at least addressing the transition to the 2nd verse. It's still sounding harsh and off-putting (2me) but at least it's something.
The bridge transition is still meh. But I guess I also shouldn't be mad since we probably could find identical transitions in many prior Kajiura songs. (And probably in some that I like very much.) The bridge itself is also very meh and same-ol.

Are the subtitles considered official translation ?

That bridge transition sure was weird but i was thinking maybe it was request if the MV director ? Otherwise why Kajiura would do it? I do like the instrumental and the song is nice but not something to be hyped about.

And yes this is the first Kajiura MV with guy protagonist. Last time i think it was the Kimi wa boku ni niteiru that a guy even appeared .

Wow I LOVE THIS SONG!

I actuallt think the transition to second verse is beautiful - it feels like the chorus until the chorus actually comes …

I really like the strings in the background as they are more complex than the usual boring stringfest, and also the cello at the bridge really fits with the lyrics.

Thanks to the ED I forgot about the new episode:
7m Homura arrange (or instrumental, can't be arsed to think about it)
12m Asa ga Kuru arrange (really thought it would be an action track with how it started. alas... boring asa ga kuru strings...)

The transition to the second verse was indeed a little weird. Felt kinda sudden. It doesn't bother me much tho hue.
Love the second verse with just Aimer and cello.
The bridge is nice, but nothing special. I like how Aimer sings "te no hira wo(?)".
LOVE the modulation of the verses to end the song.

I like it, it is a little weird transitioning. I like the tv size better, I think. I do like the ending, it gives me chills. She needs to stop using the guitar slide in songs now. It was in Umi to Shinjuu as well. But other than that, I love the beginning, and then it turns into a hopeful song. I think with the 2nd verse there are too many words for the melody. It seems like she has a hard time singing it. I will still be getting the single. Does anyone have an mp3 of it though, please? For some reason my YT downloader isn't working anymore.

Thanks to the ED I forgot about the new episode:
7m Homura arrange (or instrumental, can't be arsed to think about it)
12m Asa ga Kuru arrange (really thought it would be an action track with how it started. alas... boring asa ga kuru strings...)
Τhat Asa ga kuru arrange was super short, like 30 secs ? i wonder if it ll be any longer in the OST.

The strings in the verses are very Akeboshi, let's hope it's very intended and not a Kajiura issue.
I would have enjoyed Yuriko's additional vocals louder.
In the refrain, I like how there are both spatial muffled drums and rawer drums. And 3:35 has both of them.
I love the strings, firstly they sound so good, secondly they are written well: (0:45) beginning the refrain as a sub-melody to Aimer's voice, (0:50) then lagging after the vocal descent (0:48), then sub-melody, then echoing the descent (0:55), then sub-melody, (1:02) then lagging after the vocal descent (1:00), then sub-melody, (1:09) then echoing a bigger part of the Aimer's vocals and even preceeding her last notes here.
Noticed this lagging technique in "I beg you" (3:04 - 3:17), and dunno how common it is in global song writing. But Kajiura's clearly playing with music here.
Transition to the verse is, as you said, very bad. Indeed, such a waste after this Kajiura's greatness in progression.
Interlude isn't fantastic... disappointed after "Haru wa Yuku" and even more "Hana no Uta".
3:20 imo an erhu would have been nice instead of this cello (and maybe in the verses too?), esp because we're expecting it in the bgms.
I will enjoy the way Aimer ended the song as a subtle reversion of LiSA's falsetto entrance.

Definitely a song written for Aimer's voice, although the instrumental somehow reminded me of Kalafina.
Is it sooooo KNY, dunno yet, and could have it been a fourth Fate song...... well, maybe. Who cares, can only complain to those sakuga animes.

But if Go Shiina's film-scored music is before and after hers doesnt that force her to filmscore too ?
Maybe she has no other choice than film-scoring because God Shiina is only leaving her some scrumbs... I was mad in this new episode when the Kajiura track that had potential to turn into battle tracks was suddenly followed by one more obvious Shiina's main theme arrangement....
I'm annoyed of this collaboration between them, I remember at first some of us were like "oh great, hopefully she can learn things, dude has some good orchestral stuff" but instead we got: budget and orchestrators only on Shiina's part, they didn't even include all of Kajiura's bgms in the CD, and now she's only doing in-between bgms? Please no

Ugh the new SNK songs are debuting way stronger on youtube

Back