Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [standalone OST March 27/2024, UBW/HF concert on 21-22/9/24]

I'm hearing some echoes of SAO in a couple of the tracks (the four rings, she came to save you, etc.), but I guess that soundtrack and Fate/Zero did always overlap
To me I don't think it's necessarily the shows but the shouty/raw syllabic choirs (I wanna say post-Kimetsu?) and frenetic strings (post~2010) she's fond of now.

And then #23 just sounds totally random here lol.

And welcome to the forum? Hopefully you stick around with our hateful bunch.

Last edited:
I don't think it's necessarily the shows but the shouty/raw syllabic choirs (I wanna say post-Kimetsu?) and frenetic strings (post~2010) she's fond of now.
Eh I didn't necessarily mean the choirs and strings (though I know what you mean, most of my favorite Kajiura pieces are in the years between Mai Hime and Madoka, and I'm also getting a little tired of the shouting choirs and mostly-string pieces). I was more referring to the swordland motif (and some others) that's in both franchises as well as some flute parts and some other similar instrumentation/vibes. Fate/Zero was also pretty string-heavy, so I feel like that stuff carries over fine to the Heaven's Feel movies.

To me I don't think it's necessarily the shows but the shouty/raw syllabic choirs (I wanna say post-Kimetsu?) and frenetic strings (post~2010) she's fond of now.

And then #23 just sounds totally random here lol.

And welcome to the forum? Hopefully you stick around with our hateful bunch.
And lol thanks for the welcome. I've lurked on this site for a while and figured maybe I should try chatting with other people about music I've been listening to for years.

They all say that and then most disappear after 1, sometimes 2 posts... ;)
Mmm could definitely happen since I’m not used to chatting online yet. And I don’t always have something to say either. I’ve just been really excited for the last Heaven’s Feel soundtrack and wanted to chat with others who also follow Kajiura music releases.

Mmm could definitely happen since I’m not used to chatting online yet. And I don’t always have something to say either. I’ve just been really excited for the last Heaven’s Feel soundtrack and wanted to chat with others who also follow Kajiura music releases.
Welcome to the forum! I joined back a few months ago after being a fellow lurker, so I hope you have a good time here! Also, your profile picture is really pretty!

I admittedly haven’t listened to the whole OST yet, but Hana no Uta’s piano/cello version is really peaceful and I like it!

Welcome to the forum! I joined back a few months ago after being a fellow lurker, so I hope you have a good time here! Also, your profile picture is really pretty!

I admittedly haven’t listened to the whole OST yet, but Hana no Uta’s piano/cello version is really peaceful and I like it!
Thanks fellow once-lurker! Hana no Uta is great but I think I prefer I Beg You in the Aimer collabs. But what an amazing world we live in that we can have so many amazing YK/Aimer songs. Also I love your username, Decretum is easily a top 5 song for me and Madoka is my favorite show lol

Finished listening. Solid listen and as a piece of storytelling, very good. #23 was random but it works with the scene where it plays so I can't hate. Even the reference to light your sword works given the context.

Loved Yuri's voice here and Shaylee is a great addition to Kajiura's roster of singers.

Now that HF is over, I hope Kajiura is done with Type Moon but knowing Ufotable she'll probably end up doing Tsukihime :/

@grunty we are relentless. could be Kajiura's next title for a track lol. btw you should see people on some other forums about Kajiura, they can attack full power but this is kajiura worship forum innit :p

I almost never watch the shows but I can see how enjoyable the music could be watching the movie. In fact I am sure that is. The action ones included. Counting on more good stuff in the nearest future!

It is wrong that you dont watch them as only after watching (especially in soundtracks tailor-made for movies) you can get the reason why each track is the way it is. I used to hate the lost butterfly soundtrack until i watched the movie and then it flowed much better.

@Sora: The soundtrack for the old Tsukihime was great, they could just hire the same composer for some re arrangement / re-recording.
I have bad experience from composer switch within a series, both with Mai Otome and Sailor moon old / crystal. Takahashi's music ruined most good scenes. (With Xenosaga being a pleasant exception :ohoho:)

Last edited:
-She's no longer here: bretty dramatic intro. I like it even though it's just HwY over and over with different instrument combinations hue. That IBY at the end is a creepy lil touch.
-The butterfly flutters: there's something more evil-ish about the way teh Kasahara sings here. Might be the glissandos. I like it. It's different than usual, full operatic Kasahara. The mash-up is less messy than the one from the previous movie. Just hate how it ends so suddenly. So many tracks in the trilogy end like this.
-That won't do: The melody sounds a little Kajiura of olde but with more modern/cleaner synths. It's bretty good ambiance.
-In early spring: this is OLEV. Such an ethereal arrangement and Shaylee sounds mystical. Just wish it had a proper ending and no ear-raping sfx hue.
-What happiness is: nice lil cello track. It's nice that it isn't typical evil cello, just broody hue.
-To the castle: I guess is like a prepare for battle kind of track. It's fine but nothing particularly interesting.
-You don't have to act tough: I liked two-thirds of the track. The twinkly intro and the echoing clock sfx part were pretty nice ambiance.
-And he comes back again: I like how it starts as a kinda redux version of the original, but then the strings aren't as interesting as the original. And no glorious Kasahara end.
-Despair was pleasure: Nothing interesting, but I like the melody in certain parts.
-I kill and I give life: I feel like the choir wasn't so typical like she usually uses it. It actually evolved. It's also a pretty good arrangement of the grail theme.
-Why I fight: I quite like Shiro's motif but it's kinda the same as every other arrangement hue, and while Believe is more listenable in instrumental form, this combo was already used in the previous movie, and not that different.
-Emiya: bretty cool, if safe arrangement. The e. guitar and cello elevate it above the original. Should've been separate tracks, and longer, but I guess the scene wasn't long enough.
-Defeat him and protect her: I feel like the melody isn't very coherent. Like it's two different melodies that she slapped together. Sounds very Kara no Kyoukaish at times. I'd admit I like the heroic tone with the UNTZ.
-We still have to go: Ambiance.
-She tells about the holy grail: a nice lil short version of the full theme.
-In the basement: nice little ambiance.
-The tale of the holy grail: now the full theme. It does give the feel of an ancient melody. It evolves pretty nicely. The strings are more dramatic than I was expecting. The e.guitar doesn't feel out of place at all, it adds nicely to the arrangement. Rabu rabu it.
-Soon I will come to you: it starts as a typical lil piano piece, but the bells sfx make it a little more unique. It gets bretty creepy after a while.
-I am alright: muh fave from the previous movie... and then haunting ambiance... Guess it fits the movie.
-Once we were here together: I like the sort of broody melancholic cello.
-The gatekeeper: Kinda heavy on the strings without being particularly interesting.... I think my favorite parts were the creepy xylophone parts.
-She holds the black holy sword: creepy lil xylophone intro and then OOF. My only disappointment was that in the shitty camrip the vocal part sounded more like a whaling improv, but here there's a clear melody hue. Also TOO SHORT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! EXTENDED LIVE VERSION PLEASE. Love me some Whaling Kasahara.
-The four rings: Now that I hear it clearly, it's the same melody as the previous track. I quit like it, but I wish it didn;t have that short silence around the middle. And mebbe some more aggressive drumming.
-She came to save you: Mmm sound less Luminous Sword than I remember from the camrip... Feels kinda out of place after the previous track lmao. I Like the combination of the melody with the beat.
-You were always brilliant: Nice return of In early Spring. I prefer the original since it sounds more ethereal, though I guess this one you can hear the solo voice more clearly. Good for transcribing the lyrics hue.
-Her hatred: guess it fits in the movie.
-Memory of a card game: nothing speciaru.
-Are you still telling me to live: muh favorite part were the bells.
-I'll protect you from everything: Why was there no kajiurago version of Shiro's motif sung by a baritone or something? Thought it was going to evolve into something new when the drums and e guitar came in.
-He tells about love: nothing he- oh wait, there's some broody cello.
-Good or evil: Oh nice. Bretty atypical choir for Kajiura. Really love it... wait that's it?
-No way to back out: Didn't expect tale of the holy grail at the end. Nice lil touch.
-I will show you a miracle: I like the cute lil bell theme, but didn't really care for the strings.
-Searching for you: Nice final arrangement of Hana no Uta.
-Spring has come: nice final arrangement of Haru wa yuku.
And then Haru wa yuku
Overall it was a good journey. Could've definitely been better (fewer strings) but it is what it is. Now hopefully this is the last Fate project, and she won't do the Fate route when there's an adaption.
@Sora: The soundtrack for the old Tsukihime was great, they could just hire the same composer for some re arrangement / re-recording.
Bretty sure they already replaced him for the remake.

I almost never watch the shows but I can see how enjoyable the music could be watching the movie. In fact I am sure that is.
Oi, the library scene in the first quarter of lost butterfly would like a word. That was just a big ???? of sound direction/scoring.
Same for most Sakura x Shirou scenes in lost butterfly. Saccharin in your face. Unreal cheese.

lost butterfly was so all over the place.

Edit:
I think in the end my only real gripe is that they abandoned "with or against" as a theme/style/genre from the sequel movies. That track was so hype for me in presage flower. It came out of nowhere for the climax, only to never appear again... But soaring string themes get rehashed of course.

Last edited:
I don't know what their modus operandi for BGM choices was, especially considering they never used this track again.
It was for True Assassin vs Rider. Both are in all 3 movies.
The scene makes it seem like it's Rider's theme (spectacular entrance for previously presumed dead Servant) but the style/genre doesn't really go with Medusa/Greece, does it? Now would it fit True Assassin/Middle East more? But then the scene's focus doesn't really match the BGM...
Maybe they thought they never should've used it in the first place... so in the sequels they bandoned it in favor of STRINGZZZZZZ over CHOIRS and CHOIRS over STRINGS and GUITARS and PERCUSSION and AS LONG AS IT'S AS PACKED/LOUD AS POSSIBLE.

Last edited:
I dont know what kind of impression about Greece Kajiura has but maybe the tracks - themes about Iskander in FZ would help since according to all historical evidence he was king of the greek city-state of Macedonia (nothing to do with modern day north macedonia one). To me the win or against sounds more middle eastern, i think the insrument being sampled there is citar thats an indian (?) Instrument and also has flute which doesnt give any cue. Some interesting vids:

https://youtu.be/b4jx2-QJ5ss.https://youtu.be/6adj7Xoo9Us

Last edited:
He is still working on the remake as he is actually one of TM founders but he is receiving help from Fukasawa, a ufotable tsukihime will definitely keep Fukasawa and Kate instead of kajiura
Ah I thought it was just Fukusawa. Nvm then!

Back