A Kajiura SPECULAH thread, apparently.

grunty

I have reached Yuki nirvana
SPECULAH

Current:
  • Madoka 10th Anniversary
  • Tweets of recording sessions

Old:
  • Shadows House ANIPLEX anime (failed: NOT Kajiura)

original post:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/da...-house-tv-anime-unveils-teaser-visual/.165690
https://shadowshouse-anime.com/

I just noticed this, looked at the pic, looked at the description and thought to myself...
Maybe I'm pidgeonholing Kajiura but... no staff yet. It's ANIPLEX though. What could be the odds?

Hm..

The manga's story is set in a Western-style mansion on a cliff and centers the aristocratic, faceless Shadow family. They live together with lifelike doll attendants who serve as their faces. The story focuses on the daily lives of the house's inhabitants and gradually reveals its mysteries.

Edit: Ze Lorde concurs so might as well make a SPECULAH topic.
Lorde-Kowz said:
Mmm is t a mystery manga?
>Fantasy mystery with some horror elements
Yeah, imma bet it's Kajiura hue

Last edited:
Did they say anything besides posting the teaser visual? Like more news next week or something?

Not that I know of. So it could be years away and I overreacted real gud. haha.

Well, worst case mods can delete this.

Looks like a cross between pandora hearts and pripri and its fitting kajiura's usual portofolio theme.

If it ends up to be her, a music in the style of Lord El Melloi CD1 but with Kasahara instead of Hanae i think would fit great.

Last edited:
Τhe setting doesnt let much room for fresh air. I'd prefer if she composed for an anime gender she never composed before like slice of life or comedy or a videogame.

Bokumachi and also the 2nd disc of El Melloi was worse than Sao, so that being not sao doesnt mean much, you just get rid of few swordland arrangements.

I don't get it @george1234 . ;P

Like most of us here you are regularly commenting how unexcited/uninspired Kajiura's OST sound, even how this show doesn't look like it would be any different from the norm (which is absolutely fair - I myself pidgeonholed this as a potential Kajiura show in the opening post) but at the same time (and not the first time) you actively keep downplaying @Azokad 's optimism for anything-other-than-SAO. We had years of SAO now and potentially more to come with Progressive. SAO doesn't need defending.

Last edited:
Ya she recording something new probably from her previous tweets.

梶浦由記 Yuki Kajiura on Twitter: "きんようびがヴァイオリニストでどようびがドラマー。すいようびがキーボーディストで月曜日がヴォーカル……案外迷いなくきまるのものだった。ちなみに根拠は何も無いのだった。" / Twitter
This one..."Monday=vocals" ooff I hate myself cause I saw one of her utahimes that tweeted recording something during monday. I'm betting on Yuriko but I can't find it now uhhh maybe I'm wrong anyway lol

梶浦由記 Yuki Kajiura on Twitter: "レコーディングおわったー素晴らしい演奏を本日もみなさまありがとうございました+。:.゚ヽ(*´∀`)ノ゚.:。+゚ ワーイ" / Twitter so awkward lol they mentioned about her involvement in SONGS performance praising her but Kajiura is talking about her recording is done lol. And im sure it's a studio recording when she tweeted this. 梶浦由記 Yuki Kajiura on Twitter: "ただいま!改めて今日も素晴らしいレコーディングでしたの……(´▽`)ウレシキーー楽しかったー!" / Twitter

Viola Guy
1603973130757.png

Anyway Aniplex be stereotyping Kajiura if she will be in this one lol. plsss just change the sound director omg :voodoo:

I don't get it @george1234 . ;P

Like most of us here you are regularly commenting how unexcited/uninspired Kajiura's OST sound, even how this show doesn't look like it would be any different from the norm (which is absolutely fair - I myself pidgeonholed this as a potential Kajiura show in the opening post) but at the same time (and not the first time) you actively keep downplaying @Azokad 's optimism for anything-other-than-SAO. We had years of SAO now and potentially more to come with Progressive. SAO doesn't need defending.

Ιm not really defending it. Im not a SAO lover or anything, i just say that for some other shows she did had even worse music, because some people seem to think its the show's fault that the SAO osts are not masterpiece. I was happy between 2001-2008 where she made distinctively different music for each anime / game she composed for, but even though KnK was so good itself, it made her change her view point right after and as a result we get less inspired - sfx & strings - filled soundtracks and songs. I was really hoping something would change after she left Spacecraft but i guess she needs to leave Aniplex too.

Sure, that's our reality as fans of the pre-KNK stuff.

We can only hope for new standalone tracks which don't care about being used in scenes with dialogue.

Edit:
I concur low rumbling effect tracks and static, boring, personality-less "strings" are certainly still our no#1 enemy. If by some chance it wasn't Kajiura's idea for Bokumachi main theme to have strings instead of the original trailer solo violin... then maybe it could've been Iwanami? :P

Last edited:
I hate so much the fact that solo violin and viola were replaced by strings. The violin was making the melody sooooooo much more touching, in that trailer music, compared to the ost track, and that not the first time. I dont know why that happens, maybe Konno's a better player ?

I'm getting lost. You like her actual music or not? haha

Please, no more (fake) hype <3

some other shows she did had even worse music
Agree.

because some people seem to think its the show's fault that the SAO osts are not masterpiece.
Who said this?? I won't say my point of view on SAO cause I don't want to be killed.

I was really hoping something would change after she left Spacecraft but i guess she needs to leave Aniplex too.
Then, you need another bee-train comeback.

I hate so much the fact that solo violin and viola were replaced by strings. The violin was making the melody sooooooo much more touching, in that trailer music, compared to the ost track, and that not the first time. I dont know why that happens, maybe Konno's a better player ?
My guess is that she wrote the trailer music going off the first few episodes of the anime, when it seemed like an intimate story about 2 children connecting in the face of adversity. When they handed her the rest of the story, she probably switched gears and adjusted the ost to be more climactic and foreboding.

Who cares about that ? There was still a death of his mother so a sad play like that perfectly fitted the ost for me

Back