Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

I don't know.
I do think you felt some type of way about Wakana, Joelle, Kajiura and CPM to re-register and address users here the way I mentioned in my post.
All because of the implication that Joelle "replaced" Wakana in (what appears to be the) REGULAR live vocal lineup and people were discussing both their voices/performances and their preferences in the same posts.

But then there's your implication that Joelle was only invited to Kajiura's lives because "She is the closest voice Kajiura could find to perform Emily songs in their original form". "Their original form"? And you had a problem with people going on about Wakana and Joelle's voices?
You just compared Joelle to Emily yourself. But it's okay because??? You just called Remi a replacement for KOKIA in Rainbow because she apparently has a similar voice (she does not). But it's okay because???

Because you go to lives and it's "obvious"?
I found that condescending to everyone you were addressing.

Or maybe I'm just reading into it so no offence. I'm grumpy after all.

Anyways to end on a different note:

This is true so far. Other than "stone cold", I guess, there have been no original Wakana lead songs in the live setlists so far (2 tours with mostly the same songs as the first 13 tours). It might happen or it might not. We'll see. We do however have confirmation of Kalafina songs in the future, whether the Kalafina picks will be Wakana lead songs or not, time will tell.

One might wonder though why we got a newsletter with Kajiura writing in detail how she is going to incorporate Kalafina songs into her solo lives in the future. Kajiura FELT THE NEED to explain herself a year in advance about that. Now isn't that fascinating?
I have explained why it's not simily replacement between Joelle and Wakana. I wouldn't mind explaining it again.
When you say something replacing another, by definition, it is to take the place of another especially as a substitute or successor.
Is Joelle a substitute for Emily? Yes, she is, at least I have many friends agreed with me. They have a very similar voice in many situations, share similar techniques and career path. That's why I mentioned "the world" in LIVE14. Not to show off, but as LIVE report (in its own way). I don't care how you read it tbh.
Think about standby and understudy in theater. That's what I'm talking about "replacement" or "substitute". I think you realized it too. Joelle didn't sing any Wakana leading songs. It's not like Wakana is still there, one day she has some stuff to do so she couldn't go. Kajiura could easily ask Joelle to replace her and continue the tour. On the other hand, I do think Joelle is an "understudy" of Emily. Similar situation about rainbow. They are interchangeable, more or less. One may be better than the other.
An extreme example, you never call a soprano a replacement to a contralto, or compare them. Because they are simply in different dimensions. It's weird to start discussion about which is better, soprano or contralto.
It's obvious because it is, if you know enough about Joelle in YKL. I said that not to show off. Just trying to find common language. Is that condescending? Sure, I'll take that with no problem. I will stop explaining here, no matter you get it or not.

Talking about Kalafina cover in YKL, there are many HIKARU leading songs. She mentioned in either the FC newsletter or somewhere, because KEIKO and HIKARU are back. The songs she picks will be either HIKARU dominant or KEIKO. For example, sprinter doesn't have much Wakana in it. I assume Yuriko will sing her part and Joelle for Maya part based on their voices.
It's also self cover, Kajiura could do whatever she wants to the songs. Maybe it would just be rearranged in a completely new form, like synchronicity (although she didn't arrange the FJ version herself).

I'm sorry but an "understudy" in theater is not a "replacement" or a "substitute". Not in any way. You are simply WRONG. lol.

Thus, I guess I can agree we have nothing more to discuss.

What the fuck is Emily's emergency that Joelle had to substitute in emergency? I didn't know Emily was announced for any of the lives with Joelle preparing her solos just in-case.

Please stop.

What the fuck is Emily's emergency that Joelle had to substitute?
Hey, I said think about it and see the internal similarity. I didn't say Emily's emergency. You need to learn rather than making false statement. Yes, I'm being condescending on purpose now. Take it a my last lecture. Ok, now I'll stop here.

There is no internal similarity to what you're trying to imply with Emily and Joelle.
A bloody understudy is someone who knows their part, learns it on site if he is expected to and is ready to step in in case of emergency so the performance or rehearsal goes as planned. Not a replacement. Not a substitute. He is there to bloody do their job in case of an emergency so everyone else can do theirs. It's a bloody stressful task.

Thanks. Bye.

Grunty-san found a new victim (though I agree with Grunty-san, I must say), and we are all having fun reading this argument :XD:
Not really “fun”, though it started out with much more . . . I don’t know, dignity? Poise? So we can just edit that down to “Grunty-San found a new victim.”

Finally started watching it. Wow that sax player. She is pretty awesome. The violinist isn't bad either. I normally don't like a lot of sax, but in this case it's pretty cool. Also the women sound fantastic.

Back