Yuki Kajiura participates in DEEMO THE MOVIE | OST and nocturne EP on Feb 23

Hm so maybe she was just tasked with the arrangement and lyrics of the bgm, not composition. Its still really lovely :))

Looks like odds jobs to me lol: 1 song here, one arrangement there, nothing project-like so far apart from the known stuff. Event though this does help to make her name known.

I really doubt if they will get Kajiura just for arranging music lol. And she was credited only for Theme Song. Hope they won't pull another Kimetsu here like what is happening right now they thought Kajiura will be the composer lol. The best thing would be: insert game songs to the film(else we will get another war lol) and add variations of the theme song+ending theme song(Japanese ver.) from FICTIONJUNCTION KEIKO :plot::plot::plot:

The trailer points out Yuki's work in the movie as 'original music' so I doubt she only did arrangements for existing songs:

EJgTR16UcAAY03u

And original music from such creators as Yuki Kajiura

Since the text here says "And", yes the movie will have some music from the game(like the one already in the trailer before 1:20) but also music from such creators as Yuki Kajiura.

Right now I'm not seeing any composer names except for Yuki's anywhere yet related to the anime adapt., not even the main artists for the game.
I'm guessing they'll bring in more artists to compose original songs for the movie's soundtrack but Yuki's theme song is the only decided & finished original music piece for now...???

P. S. This is off-topic but you don't need all the song packs in the mobile version to see the whole story actually; so the mobile version is better for a person who doesn't have a Switch but has a smartphone. If you like classical instruments that go well with the concept of the game then I would recommend staying away from some of the recent packs XD

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end it only says "Theme Song: Yuki Kajiura" not "music: yuki kajiura" so i asume the only "original music" from her is the theme song.

At the end it only says "Theme Song: Yuki Kajiura" not "music: yuki kajiura" so i asume the only "original music" from her is the theme song.

The reason we? are confused george is bec. you are claiming first that she only did arranged the bgm w/ lyrics. It doesn't make sense if she will arrange something for an "original music" in the theme song. And I think everyone here knows that the Theme Song will be Kajiura. And yes I agree she should just stay as the Theme Song or watever no need to be the anime film composer else we might anger people like fans from God Shiina lol

Wow! Finally a Joelle song! I really hope for a Fiction 3 with her in it. (And some English songs for her) But this is really pretty. reminds me of Haibane Renmei's ending theme, Blue Flow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fo2myUedaU Doesn't the tall guy or creature thing remind you of slender man? lol I don't know the story at all but I will have to ask my brother if he has played it on the Switch. Anyhow, looking forward to a longer ver with that cello. Thanks for the news!

Whoops I guess I should have written things clearly. :desksweat:

It doesn't make sense if she will arrange something for an "original music" in the theme song.
Yes this is part of my point.

And as for "Theme song: Yuki Kajiura", what I'm trying to say is that at this point the only facts that are nailed related to music is that:
01 Music pieces from the game will come out
02 Yuki did the theme song

I'm assuming nobody, even the staff, knows:
A. What game music will come out & who will select/arrange them
B. Who they will call 'such creators' other than Yuki
...since there are no musician names except for Yuki anywhere.

I'm assuming these things since even the voice actor cast page has only one name on the list(prob. the seiyuu in the trailer) and just an 'and others'.

I'm not wailing at anything; I just think the staff hasn't completed many contracts for the movie yet. The MV is a 'will make', not 'will release', remember? As a fan of Yuki I do hope Yuki will get more than one song though XD

As for any anger towards Yuki I doubt it because Deemo is supposed to be a rhythm game with the concept of playing the piano and nobody was complaining on some packs with only electronic music so

Anywaaaay I just wish they will fully list the musicians and voice actors participating in the anime soon so nobody will be confused. :@_@:

I don't think anyone's confused here? We know she's credited for theme song(s) and the PV one could be all there is.

I don't think anyone's confused here? We know she's credited for theme song(s) and the PV one could be all there is.
Ppl here are understanding my post as 'Yuki composed and arr. more than one song, period' so I'm clarifying that's not what I meant. And this confusion too:
The reason we? are confused george is bec. you are claiming first that she only did arranged the bgm w/ lyrics.
Also nobody means nobody watching the trailer, so non-forum members were included in consideration in that sentence.

Also, as I said, the staff listing no artists other than Yuki makes anything related to the animes' music other than 'theme song yuki kajiura' into question. Anything else right now is a could but not did or did not.

Now I'm confused what you are talking about.

From what I see, nowhere did anyone -claim- that Kajiura only did arrangement and lyrics for the PV or other hypothetical DEEMO tracks. George suggested that after you clarified the first piano track was from the game (or an arrangement of one even) and he found a couple of notes similar between the piano track and Joelle one. He even used "maybe" and "not sure". That's not confusion, that's just impressions from the PV and PV only. Nothing to write pages about. (And yet here we are.)

Do not talk to me as if I'm fighting furiously for something.

From what I see, nowhere did anyone -claim- that Kajiura only did arrangement and lyrics for the PV or other hypothetical DEEMO tracks.
Hm so maybe she was just tasked with the arrangement and lyrics of the bgm, not composition. Its still really lovely :))

Looks like odds jobs to me lol: 1 song here, one arrangement there,
:/
Also, the main info page mentions arrangement: "You can hear Yuki Kajiura’s vocalist (Joelle) and arrangement in the middle of the trailer."

George suggested that after you clarified the first piano track was from the game (or an arrangement of one even) and he found a couple of notes similar between the piano track and Joelle one. He even used "maybe" and "not sure".
That was after I clarified that I was talking about the music and also after I said I do not get the connection btw Yuki's piece and the arr. ver. of Dream.
Nothing to write pages about. (And yet here we are.)
Yep! Not really something to add pages about. Also, nothing to talk like that about. :D (and yet here you are grumpy.)

Now I'm confused what you are talking about.

From what I see, nowhere did anyone -claim- that Kajiura only did arrangement and lyrics for the PV or other hypothetical DEEMO tracks. George suggested that after you clarified the first piano track was from the game (or an arrangement of one even) and he found a couple of notes similar between the piano track and Joelle one. He even used "maybe" and "not sure". That's not confusion, that's just impressions from the PV and PV only. Nothing to write pages about. (And yet here we are.)

Gomen, shouldn't used the word 'claim' :bow: Sorry @george1234 @HIS MASK @grunty

Anyway Kajiura already followed their official twitter yesterday yet no follow-up words(She always do when a project announced as long as she is online in twitter) so I think there still some talks/gag order happening? See-saw and Kajiura were trending in Japan yesterday too! :sohappy::sohappy:

Do not talk to me as if I'm fighting furiously for something.
I wasn't trying to come across as suggesting that.
I may admit to being guilty of suggesting that you were furiously clarifying things that -I- didn't see as "confusion". :P
(I'm only visiting the main site every once in a blue moon so I've no idea what was posted there.)

Yep! Not really something to add pages about. Also, nothing to talk like that about. :D (and yet here you are grumpy.)
Always and forever. lol.

I'm thinking they could also do like the Violet Evergarden insert song which was sung in different languages depending on the country to be premiered since the game is kinda famous other than Japan. But well... depends on their budget anyway.
brainfarted thought the owner is Korean lol

And i guess the possibility of her composing the ED theme of Magia Record is too low now :spotlight:

Did someone notice that in the trailer, just before they announce YK's name, the girl moves on the piano just like Kajiura herself ? lol I wonder if it was intentional :)

Back