Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

Just got back!!!!!!! Here is the recording! 1hr 17min is where the Kajiura portion starts ^^ I will try to go to the one tomorrow as well! (I believe tomorrow is the day they're filming)
Warning, I'm a diehard keiko stan so this is gonna be just mostly focused on her xD

But for the report it was really really amazing and for me just so worth it to see Keiko in person finally after literally like 8 years , it felt soooooooo unreal. She's so gorgeous and stunning in person, i love her so much <3 <3 They were all wearing the YK15 dresses, but Keiko had her hair up in a ponytail this time!

For the void chords section, I don't have much to say as I didn't really recognize any of the songs except for the OP and ED (I didn't realize there was a character songs album lmao) but the singer was really good! Very jazzy haha
The crowd seemed to be way more into the Void Chords section though, they had these green lightsticks and everything that they only used during it, and they were only standing up during the Void Chords portion too, during the whole Kajiura section everyone was just sitting quietly it was kinda odd lol.

But for Kajiura:
shadows and fog- Joelle and Yuriko mained the beginning, then all 4 joined in and UGHHH it was so so so good. Just hearing Keiko's lower harmony's live like that was so unreal I couldn't believe it the sound literally took over the whole venue. I've always loved this track a lot too

then the MC, Kajiura talked a lot, its so cute how whenever Kajiura talks in MC's Keiko always stares at her so attentively and nods and laughs, it was really cute ;; The scream from the audience when they introduced Keiko lmao (I was so tempted to scream Keiko but i didn't want to embarrass myself haha) Keiko only said 1 line during the whole thing, I really wanted to hear her talk more, I miss that a lot about Kalafina lives :(

espionage trap- Only Joelle and Yuriko, not much to say here but they both sounded pretty good! Yuriko being Yuriko lol

then a bunch of instrumental songs, i dont reallly have much to say on those but i like that new female violinist they have, and the FBM all sounded really good live (as always). Kinda weird they didn't have a cello player tho (or just more strings in general, unless I missed something) when a lot of the tracks were very cello centric. I think they chose a pretty decent selection of tracks overall though

Then another MC and more instrumental tracks, then another MC aaaand the absolute highlight of the live for me:

もひとつまわしてー I was PRAYING they would do this and that Keiko would lead and SHE DID!!!! This was the only song Keiko got a real solo in but it was soooo amazing, her voice fit the song so well and she looked so happy and cute performing it too!! <3 This song has always reminded me of a lighter Marchen, honestly just hearing this live made the whole experience worth it, I was sooo happy :D The recording doesn't do it justice just hearing her voice take up the whole venue was so amazing her voice really is absolutely a one of a kind;; Hearing this made me really sad and nostalgic for all the kalafina lives i missed out on over the years though :( Kaori seemed to be having some mic troubles or something, she kept fiddling with it throughout.
My one real complaint with the concert in general is that I barely saw Keiko's face throughout the whole thing bc there were so little closeup shots of her (the screen mostly showed stuff from the anime arghh) and I was too far away to see her face that clearly :( Hopefully that might be different tomorrow if they have more proper recording stuff but we'll see. The few closeup shots we did get though were great, she's literally so ungodly pretty in person :((

then battle of the shadows- keiko and kaori came in from the right and yuriko and joelle from the left, they were all clapping and being cute and smiley so everyone clapped along too lol. This song is kinda like a better version of shadows and fog imo, and then joelles part !!! i broke out in chills

and then moonlight melody!!- I've always loved this song, it was so great finally being able to hear keikos countermelodys so clearly in person, ive always struggled to hear them clearly in the bootlegged recordings and stuff haha. Joelles verse is always <3 <3 And then the extended lalala's was so cuuuute, the spotlight was on the audience and they were encouraging everyone to sing along and everything;;
I can't remember during which song exactly (it might've been this one), but Keiko and Kaori and Keiko and Yuriko were being super flirty and cute during the whole concert, Keiko had her arms around Yurikos back at one point and was like serenading her xD, and then at another point Kaori started playing with Keiko's ponytail, they were all holding hands at some other point too, it all blended together for me lol i was really in a daze. And then when the concert was over, Keiko and Yuriko walked out together while hugging each others backs it was so cute :(

And then the last song, shadows and fog again but this time they brought in the void chords vocalist too (shes the one doing the kajiurago in the beginning and all the adlibs). The girls were a lot more involved and cute this time though, they kept bouncing around the stage hugging and being cute, and then during all the FBM solos Keiko and Yuriko were like running around the stage to each member and like jamming out with them it was so hskgsfkgjhjg
and sorry the recording cuts off at the end, that was when I stopped to take a picture, the live pretty much ended right then anyways xD

no encore unfortunately :(

overall it was a really great experience and honestly just worth it for me finally getting to see keiko xD i was kinda bummed she was in so few songs, and only truly had a real solo in 1, but I was expecting that going in. She just has such an infectious transfixing aura whenever she performs, I honestly only had my eyes on her the whole time so I probably missed a lot of other stuff xD
It just made me miss Kalafina and seeing her both regularly, and as like the focus of the concert a lot (especially since I never got to see a kalafina live ever...:/), I really really realllly hope Kajiura is working on some sort of other project for her soon because she has such an infectious love and joy for performing thats so obvious and i really have to wonder if shes ok with performing so seldomly (basically whenever YK feels like having lives xD) when she was probably so used to kalafina's super constant touring schedule. but oh well :( im here until next August so ill probably get more chances to see her, hopefully a full proper YK live sometime next summer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sarasara~ For a moment I thought they had only performed 5 songs, but then I noticed you said "a bunch of instrumental tracks", hue.

Thanks Sarasara~ For a moment I thought they had only performed 5 songs, but then I noticed you said "a bunch of instrumental tracks", hue.

LOL yeah.. i forgot a lot of the names of them off the top of my head and was too lazy to go relisten through the ost and through the mcs to figure it out xD

omg operations in action with sax is awesome. This is how the track should have been

Shadows and Fog
Espionage trap
Tailing in darkness
The London wall
Operations in action
School girl life (the original had synth accordion?)
Shall we dance?
Everyone has something to hide.
Mou hitotsu... Is it Keiko and Kaori, with Yuriko and Joelle singing the harmonies?
A fighter ~ Girl from the east
Go and get it (wow, I actually like it now)
Battle of shadows
Moonlight Melody (again I like Yuriko here compared to HK... in fact she sounded extra cute hue.)
EN. Shadows and fog

overall it was a really great experience and honestly just worth it for me finally getting to see keiko xD i was kinda bummed she was in so few songs, and only truly had a real solo in 1, but I was expecting that going in.

Whole soundtrack has 5 vocal bgms so there couldnt be more unless YK added vocals to one of the instrumentals.

Thank you so much for the report and the little present ;)

Last edited:
and sorry the recording cuts off at the end, that was when I stopped to take a picture, the live pretty much ended right then anyways xD

Idk what phone you have, but in android at least, you can use other apps while still recording audio :)
but instead of the camera app you should use an audio rec app.

Last edited:
Idk what phone you have, but in android at least, you can use other apps while still recording audio :)
but instead of the camera app you should use an audio rec app.

i have an android and i was just using my phones voice recording app, but the app sometimes gets weird and deletes my recordings/ stops recording randomly so i just wanted to end it to make sure before i took the pic :p u didnt miss much anyways lol

Glad you had fun @sarasara and thanks for the surprise. Hopefully they don't track you down, lol.

shadow and fog was ----rough----. Joelle was surefine on that low intro, then Yuriko was squeezing it out on that 2nd line and missing dem high jumps unbearably, lol. But then the 3rd line is a mystery to me... was it still Joelle x Yuriko? The high wailing didn't really sound like Yuriko and the low one didn't sound like Joelle but maybe it's the recording... Regardless - yikes. Then once all 4 were singing it was just a mess.
She was really rough in some of those harmonies in Mo hitotsu too. :|

I only sampled the recording but as a resident Yuriko stan, I feel I must rethink that status. (I mean, if I hated on Wakana it's only fair I hate on Yuriko, too...)
End of an Era. sadpanda.jpg lol

Edit. Also, I hope you can hear Konno in the BD release cause fuck this playing over playbacked strings.

Edit: Sure is Hikari no Yukue in everyone has something to hide, lol. I really wasn't paying much attention to the strings tracks on the OST, was I... Well, suppose it may not even be a Hikari no Yukue "original" and that's just where my mind went...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Its in the main theme of Hokuto no Ken too. We had all freaked out back when reviewing the pripri OST. Really weird that she used that melody in PriPri. I mean its the main melody of a show and she goes and sticks it to an unimportant track of an other one ? Whats next ? Song of storm and fire as SFX? lol

shadow and fog was ----rough----. Joelle was surefine on that low intro, then Yuriko was squeezing it out on that 2nd line and missing dem high jumps unbearably, lol. But then the 3rd line is a mystery to me... was it still Joelle x Yuriko? The high wailing didn't really sound like Yuriko and the low one didn't sound like Joelle but maybe it's the recording..
Yuriko sounds like a different singer on the third line, hue.

Edit: Sure is Hikari no Yukue in everyone has something to hide, lol. I really wasn't paying much attention to the strings tracks on the OST, was I... Well, suppose it may not even be a Hikari no Yukue "original" and that's just where my mind went...
Man, I hate that the track starts out pretty nice, and then LOLNOTEFORNOTEHIKARINOYUKUE. Way to kill the mood, hue.

oh yeah the sax really works wow. Kajiura shines in jazz :))

that hikari no yukue thing is outrageous but i think it's very probable. I forgive Kajiura lol.

thanks @sarasara :) Keiko should have new songs written sung and released pls.

I am at the one for today too! Will update you guys later!

Attachments

• 15715547294584747817248534477713.jpg
    15715547294584747817248534477713.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 237
Back