Questions about Chorus Singers in Kalafina songs

Atlas Star

El Cazador de la Yuki
Wanted to ask a question about “lirica” so decided to make a thread dedicated to this topic:

1. Who is singing the lower part of the first half of the Kajiuran-bridge in “lirica”, studio version (the part KEIKO sings in live version)- is it Kajiura or is it Keiko?

2. In the second half of the bridge, who is singing melody? Kajiura or WAKANA? I hear HIKARU as harmony in this part, am I correct?

1. Who is singing the lower part of the first half of the Kajiuran-bridge in “lirica”, studio version (the part KEIKO sings in live version)- is it Kajiura or is it Keiko?
Sounds like Keiko to me. You can hear some of her "mannerisms" (can't think of an appropriate word, hue) in the singing, specially towards the end (diya aiiii). I checked the credits and Kajiura isn't credited as chorus, only Yuriko.

2. In the second half of the bridge, who is singing melody? Kajiura or WAKANA? I hear HIKARU as harmony in this part, am I correct?
Bretty sure it's Wakana. Kajiura sounds different when using head voice. And yes, Hikaru is singing harmony there.

On a different topic, although it fits the title of this thread, I was reading a Putschki blog dated May 29 where she talks about what a great job Wakana and Hikaru did reproducing live parts original recorded by Yuriko, Hanae or Remi.

However, the only example of them singing a part like that live that I can think of is Oblivious (and in my opinion, their live versions of this part were greatly inferior to Hanae’s(?) original). It seems to me that most of the time these parts are played in lives as recordings or samples.

Are there any other examples that anyone can think of where the girls sang parts live that were originally sung by Yuriko, Hanae, or Remi, and if so, did they do a good job?

Are there any other examples that anyone can think of where the girls sang parts live that were originally sung by Yuriko, Hanae, or Remi, and if so, did they do a good job?
Quite a lot actually,
-Heavenly blue (Remi)
-Far on the water (Yuriko)--> live version is better, for me
-Gogatsu no mahou (Yuriko)
-Hyakka Ryuouran (Remi) --> I liked how Wakana sang this part, she did a really good job
-Samidare (Yuriko)-> the lalala part, I think Hikaru did Yuriko's part but I am just guessing
-Door (Yuriko and Hanae) --> I did not like Hikaru and Wakana singing the kajiurago part actually
-Yume no daichi (Yuriko) --> Wakana and Keiko sing one of the chorus, not bad
-marchen (Yuriko) --> for me, one of the worst chorus cover ever

There are a lot more, those are the ones that came to my mind first

Wakana sang over Yuriko's parts in signal live. Not with good results.
Kimi ga hikari bridge? Kizuato kajiuragos? red moon kajiuragos? hoshi no utai? Magia harmonies during the chorus?
Lacrimosa kajiuragos? consolation?

Last edited by a moderator:
They sing most of the kajiurago in live performances. I think it would be easier to count the ones where they don't, hue.
One thing to note is that Wakana often sings together with the original kajiurago, so that might cause some confusion. It's not lip sync, but since most of the time she uses falsetto instead of head voice her singing is very weak and is easily overpowered by K and H.
Hikaru sometimes lip syncs Yuriko for some reason.
Tbh, most of the time the live kajiurago is inferior.

Also to the beginning, they actually change Wakana's and Hikaru's part son Wakana could sing Yuriko's part in the middle of the song. I think they stop singing most of the kajiurago in the last songs, like believe, lapis, koibito, etc

I really don’t know what the algorithm was for when they would or would not sing Kajiurago or harmonies during live performances. It’s so random.

Certain ones that baffles my mind:

1. to the beginning - why no HIKARU as upper harmony on the first line along with WAKANA and KEIKO?? / why didn’t hikaru or WAKANA do upper harmony for KEIKO during the line “yasashii koe de” (originally Yuriko?), yet Hikaru does “yuganda mirai” just two beats later ???

2. Kimi no gin no niwa - ok we had HIKARU doing falsetto head voice during “kako ni shikanai...” and “tokikomete ita...”. So why didn’t she do the upper harmonization at the end of the first chorus, “...niwa e”???

3. Alleluia- at the beginning, why doesn’t WAKANA ever finish up that Kajiura go?? She was just one “ahh” away!!! And it’s not like she has any major part for another minute or so!

4. ARIA - just had to vent. I really dislike how KEIKO harmonizes the first chorus. I love the studio version where she holds the notes: “hatenai~~~~ Kimiga kureta kagaribiga garanno~~~~ umareta inochiwo terashiteiru...” im just bitter.

5. fairytale- why do they not do this Kajiurago?? It’s one of the best ones out of their discography! If they could pull off lirica they can pull this one off

I have more complaints but let’s save that for another post

Back