Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

Sure he has, as much as people like to blame SAO as a series, Bokumachi also directed by Tomohiko Ito proves thats not the case.

Meh. After 4 volumes, a music collection, and a horrible movie score, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm not too excited about the new director either. Ito's work on SAO may not have been great, but this new guy's resume isn't exactly encouraging.

Reactions: aki
the short ost sounds really nice and peaceful. The sfx before the song should be from different track. The songs are too mainstream, Adama even more. 4 cours - that means the whole 2019 will be soleyly SAO and little bit of HF unless she works on something else thats unannounced

I hope she'll stop Swordland renditions here but who am I kidding lol it won't be SAO without that theme. Yesss, I need more shouts from Lisa it's not enough.
Kajiura sure is busy next year:
SAO: Alicization
Heaven's Feel
Pripri Movie(Pending)
Magia Record Anime(Pending)

Sounds logical. First its too much work to produce 48 eps and they will be full of animation errors (judging by other large series like fairytail) and the fans wont have enough money to spend on the merch, so milking twice instead of once is more worthy. Usually anime that stop on winter continue on summer

Because I added 3 months to compensate for a single cour hiatus and I felt like it. We're about to have 2 full years of enjoying SAO soundtracks.

first soundtrack was much better than HF 1 :P flower will bloom is the only memoriable track for me.

Last edited:
Ordinal scale is the worst thing Kajiura has ever written. SAO music has only gotten worse over time.

I'm giving her a chance for Aliciazation(sp?) because earlier this year she said she'll stop composing out of habit (auto pilot), and focus more on each piece she writes. She hasn't written anything new since she said that, so maybe SAO will be the first work where she applies that.

Back