What game are you currently playing? (Unofficial Xenoblade Thread)

S

Squall Leonhart

I couldn't find a thread like this so I thought it would be a good idea to make one.

I am currently playing Final Fantasy 14. I want to start Persona 5 but I still have loads to do on FF14 at the moment.

I am playing so many games right now, feels like I'm making good progress!

Haha who the hell am I kidding, I'm stuck in FFXIV as well. It's a fun game and most of my friends play it too but damn, so much content. I do occasionally play other games though, currently on some fanmade DOOM maps, a bit of NieR:Automata and a bit of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, plus the occasional song on Love Live! when I feel like it.

The new Doom is really good. It's the game doom 3 should have been imo.
Got Dragoon to level 60 finally. All 3 melee DPS at 60 now. I am looking forward to StormBlood.

Hah nice, I got my DRG to 60 last week as my secondary class. Stormblood is looking pretty hype so far.

'Fate Extella' and 'Persona 5', but since I don't have my own PS4 yet, I'm playing at a friend's house a couple hours a week; this could take awhile.... In the US, we got a little bit of a shaft in that we only have the option to play with the spotty English dub--very upset with Igor's new voice, so I keep the Mute button handy and read his dialogue with my impression of his old voice. Great soundtrack--so '70s funky!

Been playing Stormblood for months. Only game I play at the moment. Finished Nier Automata and Yakuza 0 earlier in the year and really enjoyed them.

Huh, didn't know this thread existed lol.
I'm currently playing through a lot of games, but the major ones are:
-Replaying Bravely Second
-Still making my way through Breath of the Wild (I've put over 100 hours in but I'm still not even anywhere near being done)
-Fire Emblem Warriors
-Super Mario Odyssey (when that gets released in a few days, I have it preordered lol)
-Also, I just tried out the Project Octopath Traveler demo for the Switch, and it was really promising. I'm really looking forward to a full-fledged Square Enix JRPG on the Switch!

As a sidenote, I'm actually really happy with my Switch. As a college student who's living in a small dorm, and who doesn't have access to a TV monitor, it's really nice being able to play console quality games on the go literally anywhere I want (as opposed to the 3DS, which, while still being great, does have that obvious downgrade in graphics)

And also when Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releases in like a month, I'm gonna lose my shit, because the original XBC is probably one of my favorite games of all time. (Just listening to some of the leaked soundtrack nearly made me cry, I'm not even joking, the music is SO good. It's just as good, if not better than the first game's OST and I love that OST with a passion lol.)

I haven't had much time to play any games recently because my schedule has gotten really busy, but the games I've been playing through are I am Setsuna, Bravely Second, both Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and X, and Breath of the Wild. Occasional plays on Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

'Fate Extella'
How is Fate/Extella? It's been on my radar once I finally get a Switch.

* Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
* Overwatch (PS4)
* Fire Emblem Fates (3DS)
* Bravely Default (3DS)

And replaying these on my PS Vita:
* Final Fantasy VII
* Final Fantasy VIII
* Final Fantasy IX
* The Legend of Dragoon

And currently downloading Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch)!

Recently, I've been playing Danganronpa 2, Terraria, Warframe, and Eiyu Senki. Jumping between those games a lot.

And soon hopefully soon I plan to start playing the new .Hack//GU game! I've been excited for this game for awhile. Especially considering how .Hack//Sign has gotten me interested in the .Hack series as a whole. Which Yuki helped for creating incredible music for the Anime which got me even deeper into the series.

I've been playing Super Mario odyssey since it released. It's not quite as amazing as I hoped it would be, but I still love it. In a twist I never saw coming, the game managed to deliver an incredible story that literally left my jaw open.

I've been playing Super Mario odyssey since it released. It's not quite as amazing as I hoped it would be, but I still love it. In a twist I never saw coming, the game managed to deliver an incredible story that literally left my jaw open.

Lol what story? Are you talking about the
ending where Peach totally rejects both Bowser and Mario?

I beat the game a few days ago and now I'm making my way through trying to 100% each kingdom, it's a really great game. Only complaint is that the music is nowhere near as good as Galaxy (Also, due to the larger sizes of the kingdoms, the music tends to get repetitive really quickly which wasn't an issue in the Galaxy games)

I'm also insanely hyped for Xenoblade 2, I've been closely following every single bit of information on it that's been released so far and I'm SO EXCITED I can't wait. I have the special edition preordered and everything. The first Xenoblade is probably my favorite game of all time so if this game comes even close to that level, I'll be extremely content. (The music is already on Xenoblade 1 level imo, this song is soo gooood)

@sarasara Not so much the story, but the presentation. Everything from the Ruined Kingdom onwards kept escalating until it culminated in the most silly/ridiculous escape sequence in any Mario game I've played. Really, I just loved how this game references so much pop culture media from Nightmare Before Xmas, to Dark Souls, to Sonic. It's just a really fun, almost irreverent take on the typical "Bowser kidnaps peach" story.

I kind of agree with you on the music, but the tracks that stand out really make a statement. Steam garden theme is one of my favorite pieces of gaming music this year, and the vocal tracks were surprisingly well done.

And for Xenoblade 2, Manami Kiyota and ACE are putting in the work. The piece I've heard from them for this game sound lovely. I just wish the character designs weren't so janky looking.

So what did I do this weekend... due to utter boredom... well... binge watched Hikaru No Go... Now I feel like getting back in to Go... Last time I played it was 12 years ago, thanks to this series. I've been looking for a game to play. Computer games bore me after a while. I am always looking for patterns in behaviours. And... well... computer games really haven't improved on their randomizing of patterns. Even Minecraft is boring now. I know the patterns of the mobs. Where is the challenge in that ? So... Go... yeah... It's all about patterns, but no two patterns are ever the same. No two games are ever the same. Maybe I'll go back to playing Go. I may get better than 20kyu this time.

I've played way too much Xenoblade Chronicles 2 this past weekend, I've had the game for only 3 days and my time is already showing 11 hours :@_@:

I swear if i hear the Torigot theme one more time I'm gonna kill someone (it's good but I've heard it for probably about 2-3 hours of that 11 hour play time

I've played way too much Xenoblade Chronicles 2 this past weekend, I've had the game for only 3 days and my time is already showing 11 hours :@_@:

I swear if i hear the Torigot theme one more time I'm gonna kill someone (it's good but I've heard it for probably about 2-3 hours of that 11 hour play time

I got to 100 hours in like 2 weeks lmao, I literally was playing it 8 hours a day every day nonstop, but then Jonghyun's death happened and it kinda killed the motivation for me to do anything else but cry for a good 3 weeks. I managed to beat the game before that happened though (I literally beat it the day before his death) and I was thinking of maybe doing a second playthrough sometime soon whenever i feel up to it again (I still really haven't recovered from Jonghyun's passing. Just thinking of SHINee without his voice makes me want to break down all over again) It's a really great game though and it also has really good replay value too imo

But omg yes ik, the Torigoth theme can get reallllllly ear grating after a while haha. Thankfully the other town themes are fantastic, especially the
Alba Cavanich Night and Tantal Night
ones.
The ost is soooo good, I need a full release so bad ugh. some of those cutscene only tracks are legit amazing and I want to hear them on their own so bad

I'm also on the xenoblade 2 binge right now. I downloaded the game as soon as it released and have clocked in about 200 hrs. Doing side quests is a little addictive.

Music is pretty good, but I liked 1's ost more.

^ikr! Counterattack, despite being pretty much Engage the Enemy ver. 2, is definitely my favorite cutscene track

Haha, it really says a lot that Counterattack is probably one of my least favorite out of all the popular tracks. Not because it's bad, but just because there are so many other better ones by comparison. Just wait until you get to Drifting Souls, and the various renditions of the main theme...they’re sooo gooood.
I also prefer Engage the Enemy over Counterattack. In general, I prefer xb2's ost over xb1's, but there are a few tracks where I prefer the xb1 version over the xb2 one. (xb2's version of Mechonis Field is another example of this)

Back