Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

Ooooooooooooo new anime! Yes!!! Wow, she really has been busy, I guess maybe this was what she was doing. It does remind me of El Cazador for the music, for the anime Black Butler/Detective Conan (haha, I love Conan, it's great they're making more detective shows). Love the sax and drumming. And yes, please another Kala or FJ song... and English songs would be great too! (Keiko's English has gotten really good, so has Kaori's. heh) I am looking forward to this! Thanks for posting. A song like Gaika would be awesome too!! I love that song even though it's repetitive. Maybe something new will surprise us. heh

Kalafina doing song for Katsugeki almost certainly means there wont do for this one, so FictionJunction or collab with other vocalist please~

EDIT: Seeing the character descriptions, the setting seems 19th century London, but the country the anime takes place is called Albion Kingdom , which of course doesnt exists in reality, thus the Kajiurago i guess.

(ANN)

Ayaka Imamura as Angie, a quiet and brusque girl who possesses strong artistic abilities
anjie.jpg

Akira Sekine as Princess, the popular and gentle princess of the Albion Kingdom
princess.jpg

Yō Taichi (ERASED's Kenya) as Dorothy, Angie's partner and the group's leader who excels in driving and shooting
dorothy.jpg

Akari Kageyama as Beatrice, a noble girl who feels strong respect and affection for Princess for saving her life
beatrice.jpg

Nozomi Furuki as Chise, a Japanese exchange student who excels in swordsmanship
chise.jpg

Last edited:
Hoping for no recycle of old melodies on the ost in general, or at least minimum one.
A Jazzy kind would be most welcome.

Behind the SMEJ block for me unfortunately /-:

Sorry late reply Kuga :)

I don't know how to help you on that one sorry but the first song is ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Ending 「Aira Yuuki - Pale Moon ga Yureteru」
Second link is ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka opening「ONE III NOTES - Shadow and Truth」
Both composed and arranged by Ryo Takahashi lyrics on first one by Aira Yuuki.

What more do you want? :) The next PV/CMs will probably only have OP/ED songs rather than new soundtrack. :p Just a month away...

well other anime have stuff like special PVs for each character, info on BD/DVD, interview of staff, profile pics of artists who sing OP/ED and of composer, and this has none, and same for the game its supposedly promoting, the advertising budget seems to be tiny. At least lets hope the quality of the anime turns out good.

Here's some info i found on the studio https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1284327
and few of the previous works http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=12870

Last edited:
Because having profile pics of OP/ED artists on its website reflects on the anime's quality. PS. And no, most anime don't have pics of the composer on their sites.

Ahhh, did not realize that it's so soon! Awesome! We will have 2 animes that Yuki is composing for. I am so looking forward to this one, since it will be an every week thing instead of Zaregoto. heh

At least is a different vibe from her latest autopilot tendency, kudos for that.

I liked it. Definitely has a 60s spy movie sound. The trailer was surprising too; I didn't expect this to be a violent show.

Second track sounds really good. :love:

first impression is that on 2nd track the combo of strings and jazz sounds weird but since its probably cropped out i ll wait a proper playback. For the first music, she really dug out some sfx from the noir era to make it, lets hope its has no sfx-only tracks.

I liked it. Definitely has a 60s spy movie sound. The trailer was surprising too; I didn't expect this to be a violent show.

Well they did say it was about spying, and you saw a samurai on first PV, so i expected it :)

Overall this seems quite promising :D
the scenes selected hipped me up more than the music haha, because im wondering what other musics will go with these battle scenes.

according to new announcements:
  • the anime starts airing on July 9
  • they will screen the first episode in a cinema on July 2
  • they will have a podcast on the official website every Sunday, starting on June 25, with two of characters imamura ayaka (Anje), Taichi Yō (Dorothy) talking about stuff
LOL even herself seems hyped ^o^
https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/873039232327077888

haha's she also menthioning about the game and how if she plays more games maybe she's stop being human XD (she's already melting on Fate Grand Order)

Last edited:
The second track features one of my pet peeves a little too heavily, multiple instruments playing in unison that is. Still more exciting than any of her anime output in the past 5 years so what @maxwell9 said. See some of the trailer music not making it to the OST or the show (cough ERASED).

The second track features one of my pet peeves a little too heavily, multiple instruments playing in unison that is.

I thought the same, that was kinda chaotic, maybe it was the way they cut the track for the trailer ? or bad mixing ?

Back