Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

The songs really remind me of the detective-theme or spy-theme or sth. like that...esp. those from 18th-19th century...O___O. (I immediately thought of Sherlock Holmes or James Bond when I heard it..lol.)

It's refreshing, but I still don't know whether I'll like it until I listen to longer version... So sad that I'm a kind of people who really dislike brass.., whether it's in Jazz or Classic or whatever...TwT.

Brass is the goddamn best.

Music sounds great, but the director is the guy who's worked on episode direction for Noir, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Eureka Seven, Moribito and did storyboarding for most of those as well, plus storyboards for Eva Rebuild 2.0. I went from sceptical to instantly down for watching this thing just due to this one dude. Scriptwriter also has some pretty strong credentials, outside of Valvrave.

Ooooh I like it. Sounds quite promising. Hope there's more music like this.
And the vocals sounds like Remi to me.

Interesting... I'm not in a place where I can watch the trailer, so I'll have to listen to that and give my thoughts later. From the few screenshots I've seen, it seems to be something Madoka-esque. The spy theme is interesting to, I don't think she's done an overtly spy anime before. The closest I can think of it the detective theme in Erased & Zaregoto, but detective isn't the same thing as spy. It also seems to be more action-packed than those shows.

I finally got a good listen to the song in the trailer, and it sounds like Eri to me. The kajiurago bothers me though.

this show is actually inspired by a real life setting, so I hope against all odds kajiura goes light on the made up words and uses actual languages for insert songs.

I wouldn't have complained if she had used Japanese in place of the gibberish. Although rhh did have a sort of mystical tone about it.

@Kowz I thought it was out of place in that ost too.

GoodKajiurago (TM) would be surefine for me because lolJapanese songs in London (yes, I know this is anime and I know the characters will be speaking in Japanese).

Yup its hightime she makes 5-8 new english songs the problem is she will have had time finding good vocalist (plz not Bindiger again) and preferably with british accent

^ if she does english songs would be a bit weird if London-based character in that time line sing with american accent :3

Noir took place mostly in France and there were no French singers, El Cazador in Latin America and there were no latino singers, etc.

Or Hanako to Anne... but then again it was only one song, hue.

I wouldn't have complained if she had used Japanese in place of the gibberish. Although rhh did have a sort of mystical tone about it.

@Kowz I thought it was out of place in that ost too.

is it just me or @sora completely misread the meaning behind @Kowz's post lmao

i'm pretty sure the vocal tracks from this anime would all be Kajiurago but if Kajiura ever wanted to compose a song in english again i want another collaboration with Clara Kennedy (the original vocalist for I Swear)

^ if she does english songs would be a bit weird if London-based character in that time line sing with american accent :3
It'll also be weird for this London-based character to speak perfect Japanese. :4

Oh almost forgot.

LMFAOOOAOAOAOOAAOOOOOOAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Noir took place mostly in France and there were no French singers, El Cazador in Latin America and there were no latino singers, etc.
Though NOIR was closer to Italy/UK than Japan (and latin is not that far off from what I read? dat was some clusterfuck of languages in that show) and El Cazador used Kajiurago apart from two Bindiger inserts. v( ' ')v

I'm cool with whatever if it makes me smile. Sadly, the 2nd half of the PV BGM made me roll my eyes instead.

And as I said, I am aware this is animu and everyone will be talking in Japanese.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though NOIR was closer to Italy/UK than Japan (and latin is not that far off from what I read? dat was some clusterfuck of languages in that show) and El Cazador used Kajiurago apart from two Bindiger inserts. v( ' ')v

Oh yes, I know. I was just responding to George's "if it takes place in x, then songs should be written in y language"

I'm expecting all Kajiurago, tbh. The vocals make me think it'll have an element of mysticism.

I was cool with the first half but the 2nd is just... uninspired to say the least. Owell, here's hoping.

PS. There's no Kasahara in this.

haha that's why I said el cazador-sao mix. the first half is good and the second half does sound rather bland but may develop?

I don't think it is Kasahara. The beginning sounds like Remi to me.

Bandai Visual animes usually mean Lantis.

thanks for that info, to me it means she could produce an OP or ED to another Lantis artist, and Yuki usually excells when she's working like this (nearly all these songs are really good.)

In my dream cloud i'd like a FJYuriko or Kaori Hikita for the anisons, and a more intimate/not so overpowering score, with piano, flute and classical guitar tracks (and just one or two violin tracks like grandpa's violin, for example).

For the anime chara looks it's kinda my HiME, not my cup of tea
elvisa_zpsmy9k6nyp.gif

Why do when kajiura compose for something, the first thing most people mention about is "I hope for a new Kalafina song"? 90% of people are only around for Kalafina (and to some extent, FJ). The chance we'd get Kala song from this is pretty low/nonexistent after all since Bandai Visual animes usually mean Lantis.

Well, because she's using them a lot, I guess. But I'd hope for a FJ kinda dark song, like gaika or something like that. Maybe I'm just missing Kaori's voice (?

And dammit people, sax doesn't mean jazz.

And at least in my case, I didn't say "jazzy" just because of the sax. Anyway.

Back