Forum & Chat & Main Site Complaint Thread 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Report Chat Bugs" link at the bottom of the chat doesn't link here, but to another thread where I can't post. Left me puzzled for a bit.

What I wanted to report the first time: I had a weird bug, apparently a race condition with the chat. I was compiling something, so my computer could spare almost no CPU cycles for chatting. I switched to the chat tab and typed "what the heck am I compiling" and pressed enter. Meanwhile, the chat refreshed itself and put up a window called "Connecting" or something. When the window was gone, I was in the chat twice, once as yuki.n and once as ling (from the last characters of "compiling" I assume, but funnily enough it's a valid Asian name). On the right side, yuki.n was highlighted as my own nickname, but when I typed, it appeared to be coming from ling. Lines containing both yuki.n and ling were highlighted as someone talking to me. They both disappeared when I closed the chat tab.

The "Report Chat Bugs" link at the bottom of the chat doesn't link here, but to another thread where I can't post. Left me puzzled for a bit.

What I wanted to report the first time: I had a weird bug, apparently a race condition with the chat. I was compiling something, so my computer could spare almost no CPU cycles for chatting. I switched to the chat tab and typed "what the heck am I compiling" and pressed enter. Meanwhile, the chat refreshed itself and put up a window called "Connecting" or something. When the window was gone, I was in the chat twice, once as yuki.n and once as ling (from the last characters of "compiling" I assume, but funnily enough it's a valid Asian name). On the right side, yuki.n was highlighted as my own nickname, but when I typed, it appeared to be coming from ling. Lines containing both yuki.n and ling were highlighted as someone talking to me. They both disappeared when I closed the chat tab.

Updated the link - sorry about that, forgot I had even made it.

I can't make head or tale of the chat bug. I know there is limited capability with the highlight to match previous names - and an automatically generated anonymous id. Unfortunately, development of the chat software seems to have slowed the past several months, and we aren't on the latest version to begin with.

Other thought is, as processor cycles are required for network communications, that might be what disconnected you the first time.

Really though, if you're compiling, you really should leave one core open for background tasks.

The shoutbox seems to malfunction (both on old and new theme) as i can no longer post there :S

There was an updated version of the plugin, which I installed. It is working again.

Chat is timing out, not loading the site.

Server transfer. Sorry I couldn't get in before.

EDIT: Note, chat is on a completely different server than anything else. Theoretically, it just got the first of two major upgrades. Dunno when the second will happen.

Server transfer. Sorry I couldn't get in before.

EDIT: Note, chat is on a completely different server than anything else. Theoretically, it just got the first of two major upgrades. Dunno when the second will happen.

Thanks, so it didn't fall over on its own.

^ no, the contents search has now been set as default, and the titles search searched for titles only when you tick it.

^ no, the contents search has now been set as default, and the titles search searched for titles only when you tick it.

I tried searching for "Believe" without the quotes with the title search box ticked, and it returned messages with the word "believe" in the body but not the subject title both on mobile and on desktop.

If I tried searching for "believe" in lowercase without the quotes with the title search box ticked I received an error that the search term was too common.

@Sudrien, I'm getting a 5 images per message limit when trying to add blog posts.

Didn't you manually unlimit the number of images per mesage previously to allow stories with onions?

Opera complained that chat.canta-per-me.net 's security certificate has expired and I can no longer change nickname.

Chrome is giving me a privacy error and won't let me in at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back