Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2015 [Completed]

What should we do for Yk present this year ?

• fanfic manga

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • compilation of covers / arrangements of songs

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Reports on YK / Kala lives

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • misheard lyrics

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • write our own lyrics that fit the rhythm of a song

• pictures of merchandise + bithday wishes

• PV song of Kalafina / FJ / etc

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • PV with us in

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Opera

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Soundtrack of your life (Varete)

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

george1234

:hi: Minna-san! I start the thread a month earlier, since last year I received complains that the voting didnt last long enough.

Summary of previous years so we dont do the same stuff again:

In 2008 we did a webpage with wishes from everyone and drawings by ズuiyon and coloured by Kerahna, in 2009 we didnt because we made a scrapbook for Kalafina because they were visiting AnimeBoston, and in 2010 we did the CPM cover of everlasting song, decorated by a ズuiyon drawing again. In 2011 we did a "Happy Birthday" phrases collage (however this wasnt sucessful since it was the only time we didnt got a response from Yuki) and in 2012 we did a foodbook were we gathered recipes from every participant member's country as well as articles about a country's traditional foods, that were wrote by teams that were formed by members that leaved in neibouring countries. In 2013 we did a photobook, with pictures of landscapes from participant member's countries and countries they have visited (+ map). In 2014 a book with favourite songs (fav lyrics) and text saying why we liked them ( + some drawings)

Previous years presents available for Download
2009 - Was actual book and certain someone forgot to keep digital copy. Also, the online version got deleted from the host :( You can find footage of the girls enjoying it during their Anime Boston making of. See >> for pictures

I think a month (30 days) for finding things we would like to do is ok, and 15 - 20 days for the poll to choose which to do for this year. What do you think ? You may need to look on previous threads for unused ideas.

Like last year I will organise everything up with detailed instructions on what to do, participant lists etc after we have voted.

EDIT 13/3/2015

Poll is now OPEN

• You can vote 3 choices
  • Durates for 20 days (till April 2)
  • you can find summary of the ideas HERE

Last edited:
Mmm we could try to realize our PV of Kalafina or FJ song (for example Yume no Daichi or Yume no tsubasa) or we could make a collection of fanfictions ^^

I remember I once jokingly made a suggestion to do something involving coffee since that's her favourite thing to tweet about, lol

I like the fanfiction idea, it made me think of the Three Word Story thread, then maybe one involving only Kajiura related things? We could start it now on a separate thread, and then someone could put it all together at the end. Just a thought.

How about a remix of her OSTs and songs? It's gonna take a lot of time and dedication and someone with the know-how on music software, but it's meant to be ambitious since it is her birthday.

I was thinking of making a fanfic manga, lol! (just thinking XD)
How about a remix of her OSTs and songs? It's gonna take a lot of time and dedication and someone with the know-how on music software, but it's meant to be ambitious since it is her birthday.
How interesting! I hope there's a recording of DJ Kazu's remix of See-Saw's Obsession. :)

We could send new covers or arrangements, and/or ask people that have already made them if they would like to participate.

I'm willing to participate in this one. :)

I like the fanfiction idea. And I still stand by my suggestion last year about our reports on hers and Kalafina's lives.

I remember I once jokingly made a suggestion to do something involving coffee since that's her favourite thing to tweet about, lol

I can see this now:

Recipe No #1: How to make great tasting Coffee Soda :tea: (inspired by Swordland)

My 5 cents: I would be for something that don't need specifical artistical skills. Something that would be quite "free" in its form (drawing, photograph, text... even a musical partition?) but made with a specific insight on our feelings about Kajiura-sama. I'm thinking to nothing in particular, but I find most of the previous projects too restrictive. The 2010 cover required singing skills so I wouldn't have been able to join, the 2014 book requiered drawing and/or English writing skills, and so on... I think that, at least once, everyone should be able to contribute the way he/she wants. Maybe around a set theme, to make it coherent, so that we can gather as many contributions as possible.

^ The 2014 one didnt need any english skills more than basic english everyone uses in the forum, but I agree with you: things like manga or song cover are things that only people that have th skills can do, the others cant, so if the people with these skills want to to do something like that themeselves, they can do it, but it will be something that will come as bonus to the main present we will make.

I still dont have ideas yet. Once I find more time i will look into the older threads to collect the unused ideas.

Please no manga and fanfiction, that will turn out SO wrong...
What I'd love to see would be some Cinematic Typography with messages, thoughts on her/her music, or some epic THIS IS YUKIIIII/KAJIURAAAA! (this is sparta, ahem) video XD something like this or this or this. But it is... hard. Would require someone knowledgeable in the field. -Iamstillanoobnotgonnatry-
I also like reports on hers and Kalafina's lives, but sadly not that many people saw them live.
@aki:
kajiurakaffee.png
COFFEE SODAA COFFEEE PASTAAA!!!
I saw "Mozart Coffee" in Kaufland that day... so why not Kajiura Coffee too? :ohoho:
Also
instanfkaffee.png

Don't read this
A compilation of all the WTF lyrics asking her what did she smoke when writing that...
"only by your little finger
fitting beautifully in my back"
"Flying down through rude dreams
I’m getting little by little closer to you
playing love with all my body"
And those have been checked by Yuki_n, so it's not translation mistake
/whacked to the outer reaches of space

Last edited:
I think that, at least once, everyone should be able to contribute the way he/she wants.

things like manga or song cover are things that only people that have th skills can do, the others cant, so if the people with these skills want to to do something like that themeselves, they can do it, but it will be something that will come as bonus to the main present we will make.

Yes, this is exatly what I have been wondering about lately, if we can do it like that.
I can't write stories, draw or sing :...: but I really want to help out with her present this year.
I want to make a song for her (instrumental of course:swt:) in a similar style as her music, to show how much she inspires me. :love:

Varete's idea about WTF lyrics gave me an idea:

How about interpretation of her musical lyrics? Last year we did on memorable pieces of music from her that we love, why not do it for lyrics this year?

For example, when I hear Ashita no Keshiki for some reason I think about a soldier going to war and possibly never returning, and his wife standing tearfully by the door saying goodbye...

New idea- compilation of Misheard lyrics since there are so many FAMOUS ones out ther already:
Coffee Soda Coffe Pasta... Give me Something!!!

*Yuriko get me SOMETHING - Kajiura at 3am when getting inspiration even though she was awake for 30 hours already* /smacked
Come and get me some Martini...
Kajiurago is sooo easly misheard, and since we have such diversity in mother languages... OMG that will rock

Wonderful ideas, guys :dote: I like them all :TdT: The misread lyrics idea seems really fun!

I can't think of anything impressive at this point. Maybe making a compilation with pics and/or comments on how we use YK music in our daily lives could work or not. It does sound lame. Ex: Person A often listens to her instrumental tracks when studying subjects at school, kajiurago tracks for creative activities, plays Sprinter when going to the bus stop in case he/she has to run after it and set zodiacal sign as his/her alarm clock. This one is easy to do, since everyone has at least once listened to/play YK pieces while doing something else, but she might not be interested in it.
Also, here's my hastily made compilation from some previous years :bow:

If I remember correctly, many old ideas from the previous years were dug up for this year, so I'm only posting the final poll here.
From the poll:
  1. Black Sword's idea (see http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014.5154/ and http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kaji
    [*]ura-birthday-project-2014.5154/#post-245368) ALREADY USED

2. For people that gone to lives: message/reports describing their experiences http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014.5154/#post-245322
  3. Our fav prt of lyrics in evr song we like. Compile 'em by section OST/group incl related pics http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014.5154/#post-245344 ALREADY USED
  4. A multilingual song cover http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014.5154/#post-245341
  5. A video showing each one of us greeting Yuki and express our love for her & her music http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-birthday-project-2014.5154/#post-24534
Compilations of ideas I picked up in the thread
  1. Again, song cover(s) of many kinds (solo compilation, group, mutilingual, instrumental etc.)
  2. Translating a stanza or other parts of the a YK song into yr mother tongue (Translation can be done from original Japanese or from English lyrics)
  3. A catalogue of outfit designs (handmade or digital) for Yuki (formal, casual, unique in each country etc.)
  4. Create a short animation that uses the best of Yuki's tracks
  5. Making a CPM PV (Personal comments: for this idea, some interpreted as making a cover for Canta per me, cuz it doesn't have any, but some thought of it as a PV of the forum, with Canta per me or something else in the background)
  6. Make origami(s) about/based on her songs. (Personal comment: this can be possible if we decide what to make then google some instructional vids/books about it.)
  7. Make a sculpture of YK's favorite animal, add our notes to it, then ship it to YK.
  8. An interactive book about YK's music career.
  9. This is not the same type of "idea" as the ones above. It says everyone should list 1-3 artistic talents they possess, then we decide what roles they can do.
If I remember correctly, most ideas in 2012 are related to shipping her fanmade stuffs (pillow, picture frame, vinyl disc, sculpture, etc.), and I don't have time to dig up any more, so I'll leave it at that.
This was my old compilation of ideas for the 2012 project 2 years ago, along with some more I just added:
  1. Collection of some YK-related statistics. Ex: How many times has the keyword "Kajiura Yuki" been searched on Google, how many countries have YK fans in CPM, etc. I don't know how it could be done specifically, but somebody did state that collecting that kind of data is possible.
  2. A vinyl disc of YK song(s).
  3. An collection of pictures and captions related to her lyrics. Ex: pic of a moldy cake on a silver dish --> caption: "silver dishes for the memories for the days gone by" (Personal comment: I think this idea's particularly easy to work on, but the final product might not look impressive :spotlight: Also, we can do this for a/some full song(s), not just 1 sentence of the lyrics)
Too tired at this point. I'll just copy everything from the 2011 poll:
  1. Happy Birthday in our own language.
  2. Map with memeber locations.
  3. Collage.
  4. Collage with anime version of CPMe Members.
  5. Collage with real photos of CPMe Members.
  6. Collage with favourite things (headphones?).
  7. All (1 collage, Map, HB in languages).
Well, that's all for now. If I have more free time, I'll dig more stuffs up :TdT:
[EDIT] Sr for the lengthy post. I can't seem to get rid of this habit... :punched:

Last edited by a moderator:
Misheard lyrics....i have one in the notsorecent live :plot:
Im okay with 'anything' as long as it's not involving music talent XD
(but i got a feeling that yuki love the song cover the most :D).

What a about a simple wishes by fans? :ohoho:

Cover of the song, when everybody would have one line to sing. And reffrain sing by all. Then someone will mix it into the full song. What do you think about it?

Remix of her compositions would be nice too. Or a short story, e.g. 'One day from life Yuki Kajiura'

@ Varete: Nice, but I doubt they are enough to fill up a few pages with them, let alone the whole present.

@nodame89 : We did that more or less in 2010 (see here) and it was a pain to find people to play the instruments / sing. Plus that many that dont sing well (like me) will not be able to participate.

Well, with the 3 word story with Yuki related titles, you really don't have to think much, or be writer. We'd have to start it soon though, and maybe when it's all done the person who puts it together can add little pictures, or we could? Like with my symphonia pic that I drew, but it doesn't have to be artwork, it could be something found on the internet.

Back