XenForo 1.3.1 Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up against the 50 image per message limit... did we previously have it extended? Does it apply to things like the stories with lots of onions in them?

I'm up against the 50 image per message limit... did we previously have it extended? Does it apply to things like the stories with lots of onions in them?
50 images was the extension - and yes, onions do count. I'll check and see if there are any new options to make onions not count.

EDIT: I've removed the limit, at least for now. If users abuse it it will be reinstated.

Last edited:
How does the new "quote" button at the bottom right corner of every post works ?, considering that "reply" also quotes but only current post. :confu:

How does the new "quote" button at the bottom right corner of every post works ?, considering that "reply" also quotes but only current post. :confu:

Click "+quote", then under the text editor you'll see a new button that says "Insert quotes". Click it, and it'll ask if you want to insert all the posts that you "+quoted".

The "quote" button on the text editor seems to be gone.

Apparently one of the plugins (that gave the "spoiler" button) was messing with some new functionality. It has been disabled.

Now, just to the left of the draft/floppy disk icon, is a new "Insert" button. It gives "Quote", "Spoiler", "Code" and "Strike-through" options.

Click "+quote", then under the text editor you'll see a new button that says "Insert quotes". Click it, and it'll ask if you want to insert all the posts that you "+quoted".

"All" being the emphasis. Its intended use is replying to multiple posts using only a single post, even if those posts are across multiple pages.

The search function is a bit broken trying to find Eri Ito - ended up using google and adding 伊東えり to the title of the Eri Ito thread so I can find it again.

Is it possible to have sticky threads at the bottom of the first page? That's good for items that should be easy to find but you don't want to be confronted by every time you enter a particular forum.

One example: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/68
Different forum software, but... Made an attempt. Might have to F5 to see it.

...it seems to defeat the purpose of stickies. PERHAPS if I could get some 'all messages read' logic to work...

Awaiting comments.

^Update on the above: Aparrently it seems to be going to top everytime there's something I havent read, and then goes to bottom of the page again after I have replied. This time it happens with this thread too and the ones at the blog/twitter board (Kajiura's twitter discussion , FictionJunction.blog Board Information )

Adding top/bottom options are a lot harder than hacking in the functionality as it currently is.

I really don't have the time to make it a proper add-on right now (and don't expect to for a while).

If there are any more complaints that George's, I'll revert it in a few days.

So it is only possible to have one behaviour for all sticky threads, and not say a different behaviour for "high priority threads" like the birthday present and a different behaviour lower priority threads that one still doesn't want lost like the YK twitter thread?

One funny issue we've run into is that threads on future live events or releases may disappear from the first few pages - e.g. Kalafina at Tokyo Dome City Hall on 26 June 2014 is now on page 4 of the "Everything Yuki" threads - a "low priority / bottom of the page" sticky could be useful for those threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back