• Make a whole new present.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

george1234

:hi: Everyone!

This year I am making this thread way earlier since its the year Kajiura-san celebrates her 20 years as a composer, so I would want our present to her this time to be the best from all the previous ones! Her Birthday is every August 6

For the new members I shall make a review of the previous projects:

In 2008 we did a webpage with wishes from everyone and drawings by ズuiyon and coloured by Kerahna, in 2009 we didnt because we made a scrapbook for Kalafina because they were visiting AnimeBoston, and in 2010 we did the CPM cover of everlasting song, decorated by a ズuiyon drawing again. In 2011 we did a "Happy Birthday" phrases collage (however this wasnt sucessful since it was the only time we didnt got a response from Yuki) and in 2012 we did a foodbook were we gathered recipes from every participant member's country as well as articles about a country's traditional foods, that were wrote by teams that were formed by members that leaved in neibouring countries.

2008 http://canta-per-me.net/2008/08/happy-b ... i-kajiura/
2009 http://canta-per-me.net/2009/08/happy-b ... kajiura-2/
2010 http://canta-per-me.net/2010/08/happy-b ... kajiura-3/
2011 http://canta-per-me.net/2011/08/happy-b ... kajiura-4/
2012 http://canta-per-me.net/2012/08/happy-b ... kajiura-5/

Things to decide:

> Do we make this year's open (for site visitors too, or for only forum members? - in 2008 it was the first all the other years the second )
> What do we make this year?

You can now start throwing idea, then we will have to choose one of them and then we should organise how we will make that idea into reality.

Deadline for ideas suggestion: March 20

The poll will run from March 21 to March 31

deadline for all submissions: July 24, 2013

Participation LOG

green "=" = submited something.

0. Kerahna (Canada) =
1. george1234 (Greece) =
2. Kowz (Chile)
3. chrisgarci (Philippines) =
4. tabete.mio (Philippines)
5. HimeWakana (Italy) =
6. wormbook22 (Vietnam) =
7. casarina26 (Singapore) =
8. Liana_Ilia (US) =
9. valeriana runa (can provide photos for Indonesia, Netherlands, China, France, Switzerland, Thailand, Vietnam, Germany, Monaco, belgium, New Zealand, Austria, etc.) =
10. aki (US) =
11. Nick Hunter (Russia) =
12. MegyTomitatsu (Croatia) =;
13. Mizu (Sweden)
14. crystalpink [US (West Coast, Southern California)] =
15. HIS MASK (Korea) =
16. NoctuaTenebra (Germany)
17. tracyalexia (Malaysia) =
18. ShadowAlex (US) =
19. Sei (Chile) =
20. ~mana~ (Turkey) =
21. Varete (Romania) =
22. Paninya (Canada) =
23. Fx MacCobra (France) =
24. Kagaribi no Hanabira (Thailand) =
25. mashimomenu (China) =
26. Pa'ahana (US) =
27. Cerise (Australia) =
28. Coral (Canada [Toronto]) =
29. waiglo (can provide photos from Ontario (Canada) and Hong Kong (China) =
30. Wikki Pan (Malaysia) =
31. Ophelia Arcana (Malaysia)
32. ZoaKaizer (Indonesia (Jakarta)) =
33. FictionJunctionBarbi (Argentina (Tierra del Fuego)) =
34. Yuki Nagato (Serbia) =
35. Spirica Rose (USA) =
36. Yolexi8 (Denmark) =
37. Kavi (UK)
38. murrue02 (Philippines)
39. KONIcchi (Malaysia) =
40. Tokyogirl (USA (Georgia) =
41. Alphard Sokaina (Russia) =
42. philadelphin (Switzerland) =
43. outdoorpajamas (US) =
44. takfogger (Peru) =
45. Daiima (France) =
46. littlefelicita (Indonesia) =
47. juchanx3 (Brazil) =
48. yuki.n (Greece) =
49. Seishin (Mexico) =
50. Kuguyama (Australia) =
51. Lyra Laurant (Brazil) =
52. Bocko (Bergium) =
53. joel_jman (Philippines)
54. Theo (Finland)
55. Nyannika (Germany) =
56. undergroundpyjama (Greece) =
57. tsubasa (Philipines) =

MATERIAL SUBMISSION LOG

green = submited.

Members
1. FxMacCobra: photos, poem (?)
2. Liana: photos, poem
3. HIS MASK: poem, photos coverart drawing
4. Tokyogirl: photos
5. george1234: photos, poem
6. valeriana runa: lots of photos [Monaco, Paris, 7. Lombok (indonessia), Beijing, Lucerne, chinese Desert, Salzburg (Austria), Netherlands], poems
8. Paninya: photos
9. Kerahna: photos (from Canada and China)
10. ZoaKaizer: photos (will use the photos runa provided for Indonesia)
11. casarina26: photos ,poems
12. Yolexi8: poem photos
13. HimeWakana: photos, poems
14. mashimomenu: photos (Hong Kong, China)[/color]
15. chrisgarci photos, poem
16. ShadowAlex photos
17. Daiima photos poem
18. takfogger photos
19. littlefelicita photos poem
21. Pa'ahana photos poem
22. Kagaribi no Hanabira photos poem
23. Seishin photos poem
24. aki poem drawing
25. juchanx3 photos
26. outdoorpajamas photos
27. Spirica Rose photos
28. Lyra Laurant photos
29. crystalpink photos, poem
30. Kuguyama photos
31. waiglo photos
32. Alphard Sokaina photos
33. joel_jman table of contents drawing
34. MegyTomitatsu photos
35. FictionJunctionBarbi photos
36. KONIcchi photo
37. Cerise photos
38. Wikki Pan photos
39. Sei photos
40. Coral photos poem
41. tracyalexia photos
42. Nyannika photos
43. Yuki Nagato photos
44. tsubasa photos
45. philadelphin photos
46. ~mana~ photos
47. Nick Hunter photos
poem
48. wormbook22 photos
49. Yuki.n photos
50. Bocko photos
51. undergroundpyjama photos

Lurkers
Karen (US, Chicago) photos
Jessica J drawing
Buranko (Brazil) photo
Valerie Sanjaya poem photos
ZeroReddust drawing
Jack Xiong Lim photo

I was impressed with the cookbook you did last year, and I hope this year's gift for her will be as special as that.

I suggest that we forum members try to make another cover of Yuki's song, but to make it distinct from before, we sing some lines of the song translated in various languages of the members from America to Asia, with Japanese being the last (and perhaps the first), to see how far her music reached its listeners all these years... (ex. first 2 lines -> japanese, second 2 lines -> spanish, then german, greek, etc...)

I know the challenge will be on what lyrics should be translated and what language should be used for the lines, but I hope we get to have this happen! *if near to impossible, please disregard*

EDIT: The songs I recommend we get to translate are either Hikari no Senritsu or Mirai. There can be others. What would you want guys?

^ The problem with this is that it will be difficult for most of the languages to fit the translation of the lyrics to the melody since some have long words, so the translation of 1 stanza wont be possible to be sung according to the melody and with the same speed as in the original song, that's why when artists cover songs in their own language, sometimes they write new lyrics too instead of translating the original lyrics.

to give you an example of what I say, I translate the 1st stanza for mirai to greek (from english)

grant my dream
by just gazing at the same light
of the stars that
i was searching for by myself
when the persistent night
is dyed by darkness
we are bound to start running
you are not alone
like our hearts

pragmatopiise t' oniro mu
apla koitontas sto idio phos
ton astron pu espsachna moni
Otan i emmoni nichta
ine vameni ap to skotos
ine wrafto n' arhisume na trehume
des ise moni
san tis kardies mas

πραγματοποίησε τ' όνειρο μου
απλά κοιτώντας στο ίδιο φώς
των άστρων που έψαχνα μόνη.
Όταν η έμμονη νύχτα
είναι βαμμένη απ' το σκότος
είναι γραφτό ν' αρχίσουμε να τρέχουμε
δεν είσαι μόνη
σας τις καρδιές μας

(as you can see its impossible to fit this translation to the melody of the 1st stanza of the song -unless we have different language for every 2 lines of lyrics)

Plus that if we put too many languages its going to become kind of chaotic (imo).

I think we should find something that will be different from the previous projects (there were some suggestions in the past years threads but I am kinda lazy to search for these now)

Oh well. I guess it's kinda hard after all...

Here are my other wild ideas...
A catalogue of outfit designs (handmade or digital) for Yuki (formal, casual, unique in each country etc.)
A video showing each one of us greeting Yuki and express how we really love her and her music
Create a short animation that uses the best of Yuki's tracks

I guess they are a bit too hard as well as they require some people with expertise to deliver a quality work...

Since she looks at picture books for inspiration, why don't we send her inspiring landscapes or traditional art from our countries?

^ Oh that's a pretty good idea! (and an easy one too) maybe we could also combine it with some videos of landscapes that we will film outselves :ayashii:

^I like that idea as well. Maybe a slideshow of the landscapes on youtube or something would work with one of her songs playing. Just a thought.

Re:

Varete said:
like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE_8pquxLfE
it would be great if we can do it, but it will be very hard
i like the idea :goodjob:

Haha, thank you, I'm the one who sang it! XDDDDD

I have to admit that I like almost every idea :XD: But I'm quite addicted to the one with the video greetings! What about something like that, only with birthday greetings on the signs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoJmK4Vw04Y

We could then use a CPM-cover of one of her songs as background music! Kind of two-in-one :XD:

so many good ideas! :omg:
not sure which I like the best though...and I can't think of any different ones...yet
the translating songs into different languages is such a cool idea, even if it would be next to impossible

:sohappy:
I really liked the multilanguage song idea too! It may not be impossible as you think, we can arrange the lyrics throughout the song.
Messages video is a really cool idea too as well as landscape scrap book.
Outfit idea is pretty likable too, but it may be a bit hard, at least for me :ayashii: :uh..:

But I just had the same thought as Noctua, maybe multiple ideas in one? Like a little bit longer video with more elements in, that would be pretty unique. :ayashii:

Sorry I haven't seen this one and opened a new topic :uh..:
Could you look into "For Yuki Kajiura's Birtday" topic or shalI copy them here? It's a bit long though.

Hello guys, I have some ideas for us to make an unforgettable birthday present for Kajiura-san :shy:

Here are the ideas :idol:

Let's go outside from our houses and go to the crowdest place of our hometowns. There hold a show card which is written *WHO WANTS TO SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YUKI KAJIURA" then record the celebratings of them into videos. (You must have seen those king of happy birthday videos). Then put together them. I'm sure that seeing her fans celebrating her birthday from the various places of the world would make her cry from happiness. I'm into video messages coz seeing her fans from different nations could be more effective.

Dream that a video that everyone from different places says "omedetou goizamass Kajiura-san!! Daisukiiii!!!" like lines :dote:

If you don't have time to go out contact with your friend from you nationality who are Kajiura's fans and request them to record a video message via camera ( high quality as much as possible) :idol:

You guys know there is a video of Kalafina at the end of Red Moon DVD ( what they're doing or where they are visiting etc). Besides our happy birthdays and wishes for her, at the end of our video we can add a song /songs of hers. It is like this;
1) if we choose one of her favourite songs, we decide one and all of those who said "happy birthday" , each of them says a line or a part and we complete one song from the beginning to the end.

2)Another option we have (my vote for this :D) that all of those who said "happy birthday" , each of them sings a song of hers ( a part of it)
This could be done in two different versions;
a) everyone decide a song and those who decided for the same song share some parts between them (if we choose to do "a" I think we should decide all kaijurago song since it's her favourite language :sohappy: ) You don't have to complete the song completely. Just choose your favourite parts of that song. This could help you not to choose same parts of that song and at the same time would provide variety.

b)Everyone decides one song of hers and decides a part of that song. However everyone can't choose same song. So in this version there will be variety of her songs. But while choosing , do it considering your voice tone. Think that which song will fit your voice best. For example my fav. is oblivious but I don't have a soprano range. So I will not choose it in case we go with this "b" . But if we go with "a" then I can consider one of Keiko parts.

Turn upside down the lyrics at the cpm website and choose old songs of hers too beside new ones. This will make her happier. This will make her know that we've been in love with her songs for years*-*

Either a or b... Both will let her know that everyone around the world listen and sing her songs~~

I'm kinda creative this day I'm waiting for your opinions, yoroshiku onegaishimas<3

@NoctuaTenebra: I have fallen love with your voice :sohappy: You're rocking just like Hikaru :ayashii: But your German cover parts are far more rocking than the English and Japanese ones. Could you make full german cover :sohappy: You're voice... I dunno but it gave me a thrilling excitement, sth that I can't put into words exactly *-* Like you dominate everywhere with your singing*-* Yoroshiku onegaishimasu <3

^ That would be great if there were more fans in every country, in Greece for example its only me yuki.n and 2-3 other persons (undergroundpyjama, stormy panda, Lunaria) so its near impossible :uh..:

Hmmm, in my country there may be some but I would have to find them in some way and that would be...rather difficult.. :uh..:
Eventually if you gather people that are not necessarily YK fans, but idk how would that look like.. :desksweat:
Althou its a pretty fine idea, must admit.. :ayashii:

It is not. Search for forums and fanwebsites in your languages. Don't worry we have time enough. Not knowing people personally doesn't mean they don't exist. :hero:

I think an amazing scrapbook like from the movie "My Sister's Keeper" would be awesome. Basically I guess it could be similar to the Anime Boston Kalafina scrapbook that was made.

I like the birthday shoutout message idea and I can see it working at Anime conventions since some of the people would at least know of the animes she has composed for.

I can ask some of my artistic friends for ideas..I have no creative talent whatsoever :XD:

I also love the fashion outfit idea but I think that would be more fitting for Kalafina and Fictionjunction. Yuki seems pretty set in stone in her fashion sense.

Maybe we could do a whole album of cover songs and include a DVD..similar to a Kalafina release..that would be pretty epic. Have footage of fanmade shoutouts, interviews, music videos, etc.

^ Yeah, that is what I had in mind when Noctua first noted it. Like, mix of many things in one :sohappy:

Hahhaha, how about making a CPM PV?? :XD: Just a joke, now that would be a challenge! :XD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back