Waiting for progressive, Kalafina

Ι was about to lock this thread from the time it was resurrected since I predicted something like that would eventually happen. (that is the reason I locked the red moon one a few days ago). grunty please re-read the Rules HERE (rule one applies here which talk about non-insults and respect) and try to watch your words. You will receive one warning for the "fuck" and "crap" words. 2 warnings result in 2 days ban

Everyone can have whatever opinion about Wakana's or other vocalist's abilities he/she believes, but I think we have over-discussed this topic and any further discussion or fans worrrying about her health etc is pointless since our worriness or discussion will not magically change Wakana's vocal chords, and if our worry reaches spacecraft/YK/Sony/JVC they will either give her a too big break, which I dont know if it will help at this point, or stop her from being singer, and I dont know if this will help her in some way, psycologically of physically.

Thread Locked.

Last edited:
I should feel sorry and/or responsible for having revived this thread the first time that led to this thread (supposed to) getting locked but I wasn't, I'm not, and not going to. This thread was so much fun!

Oh, and I'm pretty sure another drama would ensue. Please don't lock this thread.

For you. For others it wasnt.. Thread locked because i dont want another drama to ensue, if u wamt to laugh, read again the old drama. Im not going to be involved again in stupid argument just so you and atlas can kill your time, there are so many better things to do: Go out with friends, watch a funny movie.

Last edited:
I can't believe this thread was locked before I could voice my opinion.

First of all, there was no "drama", ok? You want drama, watch Lifetime or something. It was just a discussion between ritardando and grunty about how WAKANA can't sing and then someone got butt hurt and then got over it because their CD arrived in the mail.

WITH THAT BEING SAID!

I would like to add that yes for a while WAKANA sucked assphalt but I'm glad to see she's got back up on her feet. I saw some discussion about how HIKARU sucked during a live a while back? During progressive, I believe. It was also brought up that progressive is a hard song. YES! It's so fast paced and in a pace different from their other "upbeat" songs like ongaku or love come down. The notes just come at you like boom boom boom.

also, to extrapolate to the present day, HIKARU's metal pipe quality has since been lost in her LIVE performances. Now she sounds all rusted and busted.

why did you say "hi" without anything else on the other thread instead of voicing your opinion at that point ?

Yes that was the sum of that but after the CD arrived,few days later and new drama started, and i had to stop them again. At some point (maybe it was Red Moon thread ? ) someone crated a "Wakana cant sing" PROFILE.

The vocalists can have their bad days (or years). First it was Wakana, now Hikaru and we know Keiko is sick so its a surprise she hasnt sound bad so far.

There is a general advise i give to people who complain about vocalists. If you care so much, go email the vocalist or the agency your concerns. badmouthing and making fun of the vocalist here does not improve her in any way. If you dont like them at all you can also stop listening to the group.

if you dont mind i will merge your post with the other thread since a "waiting for" thread for a 6 year old single is pointless

I'm worried about Hikaru because she's the reason I got into Kalafina and her voice is my absolute favorite, I think the girls are overworked by Sony sometimes, and they have realeased A LOT of stuff in the past year, with very little time for resting. On top of all that, I remember people being critical of Hikaru in the past for having an "open voice" or sounding "too nasal" and I think those qualities were a big part of what made her voice sound so raw and piercing. Now she's deifnitely changed her technique, she's singing with head voice a lot more and rarely uses her chest voice anymore, which is a pity because I preferred her raw style of the past, maybe she changed her technique to protect her voice Idk.

At that time (when I revived the progressive thread) Hikaru was one of my favorite utahimes as I placed her on number 3. Now, as @Atlas Star eloquently said, she does sound like metallic pipes. But rusted and busted. Hikaru's changing her singing technique isn't necessarily to protect her voice because she actually strains harder now to sing higher notes even more than before. Until Hikaru gets hold of her voice/technique, Kalafina will continue be Wakana.

Back