Kalafina new song "heavenly blue"

:love::nosebleed::dote::omgz::@_@::ghost::punched::rain:
My reaction listening to the song.
The melody isn't typical Kajiura, so that's a good plus. Downside is the verse and chorus really don't transition well. Never mind they aren't in the same key, the entire mood of the song changes. So I would say I like it if they were two separate songs, but it's not, so ehh.

^I like the part before the refrain a lot... is it the chorus? But it just ends so abruptly. I hope the full version doesn't do that too. There's still room for a Keiko part later on, but I liker her backing vocals. (The Kajiuran in the beginning is great though.)

it sounds like 4 different songs connected (consolation, signal, some other song, and to the beginning). Each of them alone is nice, but together, really weird :S

^I like the part before the refrain a lot... is it the chorus? But it just ends so abruptly. I hope the full version doesn't do that too. There's still room for a Keiko part later on, but I liker her backing vocals. (The Kajiuran in the beginning is great though.)
It's the pre-chorus. Buildup to the chorus/refrain.

I hope full version has one more transition verse, but I doubt it. I like it better than ttb, but to quote grunty, goddamn that refrain.

I really love the first part of the song, especially Hanae singing in the background. The second part of the song is a very weird change in tone. It goes from dark kalafina to "fiction junction" kalafina. Don't really like that

Not liking it. consolation + to the beginning all over again for me.

Wow, am I listening to a mashup of Yuki's past compositions? xD
I wonder how the full song will turn out, for now though I will play this track on repeat. :)

At least it's not a boring repeat of TTB. I approve. Will also buy the single to support sales numbers, in addition to red and blue.

I approve of the respective parts too but why are they so akwardly transitioned ? It sounds like 4 samples of totally different songs connected, in every part everything is totally different: the melody, the instruments used, the beat, the singer, the chorus :rain:

Like almost everyone else, I like the verse and pre-refrain (or whatever it's called, hue).

At the beginning it's obviously Hanae, but right after the verse, is it still Hanae or Yuriko? Or Wakana

@sora But in the worst case scenario, where the TV size is the first part of the full-size (its the most common), its gonna be x3 this melody + some bridge with e.guitar and Hanae chorus ala consolation.

@Kowz after the beginning part, it sounds like Hanae again. Hikaru autochorus in the signal part, Hikaru and Keiko in the refrain (filtered the song with audacity)

Last edited:
As you said the sudden transitions are awful and ruin the song but of course this is the TV size, we can't blame the girls or Kajiura-sama.
But I can say that I'm actually in love with Hikaru's dark part (reminds me of Signal and Elemental) and Wakana's pre-refrain part, it's so soothing and to me it works great with the previous Signalesque part. I also like the refrain but to me it sounds awkward with the rest of the song. Overall I really like heavenly blue.

What's interesting is there are some on Twitter saying that it feels totally different from what they heard at the live. One goes as far as to say that it's like a totally different song.

Case of the live arrangement giving a totally different feel? Or is it the TV Size having some generous arrangements?

I read your comments before listenging the song, and now I have to agree with you. Is the type of song I need to listen several times to start to like it. However, I don't like Hikaru's part :rain:

Wow... I wonder if that will be the other song on the Red version? Hmm, interesting. Maybe this was the original ttb that Yuki had, since she said she had something different in mind at first. Going to watch the show now though to see if it fits in context.

^ It was confirmed I think that the "other TTB" was the "consolation" song.
sadly the OP in this ep is just black screen ala KnK probably due to spoilers. Lets not forget its Gen Urobutcher writing this :ayashii:

Going to watch the show now though to see if it fits in context.

Not... really, as it turns out. Is Aldnoah.zero chat okay in here or should there be a new thread for it?

Lets not forget its Gen Urobutcher writing this :ayashii:

Don't get your hopes up too much. He's credited with the original idea, but series composition (the position that actually writes the majority of the story) is somebody else. Gen did ep1's script, but who knows if he'll do anything else (Gargantia had a very similar set-up, right down to Gen writing the scripts of the first and last couple episodes, and that was kinda bad). Who knows if it's a marketing trick to slap his name on whatever or if he really has been that busy writing Kamen Rider Gaim.

I've listened to the TV size a few times now and I'm still not sure what to think. It's growing on me a little bit but not really enough. I really want to see if the full length is this schizo or if this was bad editing on the show's end.

Back