Kalafina missing from Animelo Summer Live 2011 videos?

AS EXPECTED :ohoho:

Well, they cut Nakagawa Shouko in Animelo 2009. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they cut Kalafina in Animelo 2011's video release. :XD:

And I may be wrong but I don't think it has much to do with Sony being the sole reason (although it's likely they have a big say in it). It probably has more to do with the "Special Appearance" status that was given to Kalafina for this year's performance (the same status was given to Nakagawa in 2009). Other Sony artists have made it to the Blu-ray/DVD in the past e.g. Sphere. Apart from that, other artists who are not under Sony have been cut from the video recordings before e.g. Sound Horizon, THE iDOLM@STER (Animelo 2008).

I did a more thorough check of the listings and the 3 artists who performed who are not listed for the videos are Isao Sasaki, Kalafina (with Sony) and T.M.Revolution (with Sony).

There is also the disclaimer after the lists of artists to appear on the videos:

※当日に演奏された楽曲・出演アーティストのうち、この商品には未収録の楽曲・アーティストもございます。何卒ご了承ください。

which Google translates to:

Performing artists of the songs played on the day ※, this product is subject unreleased music artists. Please notice.

I notified CD Japan about not all artists appearing on the Animelo Summer Live 2011 videos and they've added an English language notice to their listings to that effect.

Back