Yuki's songs' analysis

george1234

Everyone who has done literature in schooll must have noticed that the only thing you do is to listen to loads and loads of analysis of famous poems or texts (novels etc) and write them down in a notebook or on the book in order to have them and revise them when you have to study for the literature examination.
I am thinking that since Yuki Kajiura's songs are so cool, nice written and with perfect music and perfect performed why not trying to analyse them, in order to save these treasures for the next generations.

What do you think?

P.S: Of course we need to be serious in our work and not start putting nonsenses and crazy stuff.

If you are wondering, what could we put as analysis, dont worry, you cant imagine what crazy analysis others have done for famous poems or texts (poping up out of nowhere, you dont know where did they found the things they say for a specific lyric of phrase of a famous poem or text )

Yuki would find that either very funny or very flattering XD

I remember we had to analyze and present a poem in class during high school. We had to do "Kubla Khan" by samuel taylor coleridge.

http://etext.virginia.edu/stc/Coleridge ... _Khan.html

In the end we concluded that sam was an opium addict, wrote the poem while on drugs, and it has no understandable meaning :P That was what we presented in class and I think we got a pretty good mark XD

(the background music during the presentation was "calm days" from MADLAX XD)

Kerahna said:
Yuki would find that either very funny or very flattering XD

Kerahna said:
(the background music during the presentation was "calm days" from MADLAX XD)

1st quote: I hope so :P

2nd quote: All the CDs and the books say at the back side "Don't copy or reproduce or use at a public event without written permission of the copyright owner(s)" and you got and reproduced it? Yuki will eat you!

__

As you may have noticed all the songs of Yuki have reference to the plot or the symbols of the respective anime for which Yuki made the soundtrack or the song(s). So we need to watch the animes before analysing her songs (Tsubasa Chronicle and Madlax are full of symbols and hidden meaning.)
But the thing we mostly need is knowledge of the japanese language which we dont have - at least not yet- T _T. Well... we can start with the english ones. "To Nowhere", I am coming :!: :!: :!:

LOL, I've been planning to write some sort of essay or analysis of Yuki's musical modus operandi. When you listen closely, there is a pattern in her music. The sounds/loops she uses, chord progressions, song structures, despite they're genius in one way, they're quite easy to look through. Maybe this is the right time to write the analysis? My laziness will kill me...:-D

weeell i guess that's that. Is this such an undesirable subject? Not that i don't like Yuki-megami's songs, but i'm just not good with analysis like that. sorry.

Me neither. And I don't have the knowlage of englisch to write one XD
Maybe in Japanese xDDDDD

I think it's interesting to look how a non-native speaker manages writing in English. :) Well, we can always try, and there's nothing wrong in discussing the lyrics of your favourite songwriter, anyway. And if it is true that laughing makes one live longer, then Yuki may one day read this and then she's gonna live forever... XD I only wonder, where do we start?
Btw, did somebody think of analysing Kajiuran? That's even more fun.

Nick Hunter said:
Btw, did somebody think of analyzing Kajiuran? That's even more fun.

Thats kind of impossible, since we dont know what the words mean ( only Yuki knows) . Anyway the analysis will be serious and without nonsenses

Well, it would be fun. I mean, let's say we're analyzing the phrase "Yanmaani". Yuki uses it quite a few times in the Madlax OST. Example, in the song "Nowhere". If anyone finds the lyrics to it, it's be grateful.

Yes but if we dont know what it means, WE CANT analyze it (say things like why yuki putted it, whats the hidden meaning, the way it is sung which creates some fealings to the listeners, the reaction that the word has with the music that is playing while the phrase is said, the fealings of the vocalist while she was singing it, what yuki would be thinking while she invented the phrase etc etc)

The first peculiar thing to be solved is WHETHER the words have sense or are just there for the sake of phonetics. :wink: From the first hearing, it seems like a mixture of sound clusters typical for Italian and/or Japanese. Can it be that Yuki uses them as an "apposition" to the music?

When you say "words" you mean the kajiuran or the other-language ones ? What the italian songs have to do with Yuki's songs?

I beleve she combines Kajuran with italian and japanese for the sake of phonetics. It sounds good, and you don't have to worry about it's funny meaning if it's in another already-existing language.

You have to admit, it sounds good. :D

I dunno any other artists that have done so.

Back