Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

I said melody not emotion. Its reminds of some of the tracks from the unreleased soundtracks (she probably though, if its never gonna be released why not reuse some of it)

I know you said melody George I wasn't contradicting you! I expect Kajiura just keeps a pile of stuff that she thinks she can use without too much work to renew them. Anyway hopefully there is more new music. There is one more episode?

Eeeeeek I am getting excited. I haven't gotten an ost from her since the SAO complete, and that was really more for the live and extra songs. I really want to hear the music in full which we get, but it's kind of hard to hear with all that is happening. lol Especially the softer songs, which I've really liked so far. It's basic Kajiura cello/strings/piano, but they are different somehow... if that makes sense. I love strings and violin so I am always up for those! I am looking forward to hearing the other jazzy songs too other than the main theme, which I still don't kind of like. But I need to watch ep 9. Ugh... been a busy weekend. Hopefully tomorrow.

Just noticed there's some very background music thats barely heard at 13:34 when they go at that mall thing, but im not sure if its by Kajiura. is a christmass music lol

Last edited:
thanks! Do they usually update with samples for OSTs?

wow 04:37 for moonlight melody and 03:58 for Mo hitotsu mawashite :sohappy:

Last edited:
^ well yes but that duration increases the possibility of them being sang in future by FJ :)

Its Dorothy and Beatrice on moonlight melody and Chise (the ninja girl) on the laundry song

Mmmh Dorothy might sound good since her voice isn't all kawaii uguu~

She has a really nice voice Kowz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJhKbVhBbW8 from the Character song album of pripri. Please check it out~

I just notice that moonlight melody in piano has lyrics! So this might be the special ending theme from episode 6 and the complete and new version is one from disc 2.

also "The page of my story piano ver" isnt arranged by Kajiura, and weirdly enough i cant find any other of tracks having lyrics, unless Kajiurago dont count as lyrics for that site (there are at least 2 tracks with vocals)

George is that character song written by Yuki? I do like her voice. The English is a little inaudible... but she isn't as cutsie here. I agree I do not care for Moonlight (Sorry Yuki! I would like the song if sung by FJ though!)

Also what is: A Page of My Story 〜four-handed ver? Sounds interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
which song ? The one Nightmre linked to ? No its not.
The page of my story is the ED theme which is not written by YK, the 4 handed ver, it probably means its played by 2 people on piano :)

Dorothy's VA does sound pretty good. Seems like she knows how to sing. Hopefully she gets a big part in the song.

Just dled the character album to listen to the character voices. Chise sounds kinda like the girl that did "its only the fairytale" (the song in the album is disco-ish). Beatrice is the usual loli character (like 5- year old). hoping she will get backing vocals or something because i dont want to listen to her much. The princess VA is very good singer too.

Just found out that there is an additional episode in the official website/youtube
http://www.pripri-anime.jp/special.php
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=26&v=DJwMOnaci8o

I gather its a recap ? its 25 mins long.

it has summary of all cases in order.

there is a bit of raw BGM while it advertises the releases at the end.

Last edited:
Yep, recap episode narrated from Ange's point of view.

And yeah, Dorothy's VA is pretty decent at singing, perhaps due to her music background. She's trained in piano and enjoys singing while playing it as an accompaniment. She's known to have perfect pitch, and can play by ear as well as memorize musical scores. Plus...she goes to karaoke quite often lol. Princess' VA is also trained in music (plays 4 different wind instruments, specializing in oboe).

^Wow, wish I could have that for the violin. I was supposed to do that using the Suzuki method, memorizing that is. But had to use the books. *sigh*

Where are you hearing the character songs? Other than that one george posted?

The show ended inconclusive, so season 2 is possible. Depends on blu ray/DVD sales I guess. If there's a season 2, hopefully the producers realize that "usual Kajiura" doesn't really fit the show.

^ or they will go with similar style to not change the mood.

EPISODE 12

At 13: 20 there was new part of bgm (strings / eguitar)

Hopeing for S2 since actually plot seems to just have started.

Those who were waiting it to finish can now marathon it till the OST comes out :)

Last edited:
Back