Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

Wow 😍 does this mean they will hire Kajiura again for the movies ? This performance will have similar structure to the Sao one few years ago.

New Flute and sax player for Yuki's band
才恵加(Sax/Flute)
http://saeka-sax.com/

Last edited:
The animu is also apparently re-airing in July so maybe after that broadcast there will be some news...

Also, no REMI?

This is pretty cool. I did not care for some of the tracks in the soundtrack, but maybe I'd like them live. Also looking forward to the movies. Man, Yuki is busy. We didn't hear from her in awhile and then bam, a whole year worth of new music. Not that I am complaining. Looks like she's enjoying it.

That's good, but perhaps not enough in my opinion. Maybe it would be cool for her to retire for a while to take inspiration, instead of spending the whole year rehearsing for too many concerts (more than 16 this year ?) ...

True, without Kalafina the amount is considerably less. Kalafina had 3 tours per year, while YK has only one it seems (or it was only because she was setting up the agency ?)

Right now she has scheduled 18 performances in Japan, 3 in HK Taipei and Shanghai and these 2 of the PriPri concert which i believe wont be a full scale concert.

yeah she’s definitely in an upswing right now. Aside from Nispa, which I need to watch, everything she’s done since the spacecraft drama has been a step up from the last few years.

Broadcast is on Oct 1 and rebroadcast on Oct 17, 2 days before the concert.

It seems to be a cross-interview between Kajiura and the Void chords guy, pretty much like what we already got from that written interview before, i guess. The fact that they still promote Kajiura like this, convinces me they re not going to drop her for the movies.

Broadcast is on Oct 1 and rebroadcast on Oct 17, 2 days before the concert.
(...)The fact that they still promote Kajiura like this, convinces me they re not going to drop her for the movies.
Or this could be, you know, just promotion for the live (don't know how it's selling)... Not that I think they'll ditch her.

Last edited by a moderator:
They if thry wanted to promote the live while thinking to switch Kajiura they could use the VAs. So i think they wont switch her 🙂

They if thry wanted to promote the live while thinking to switch Kajiura they could use the VAs. So i think they wont switch her 🙂
What's that logic?
This is a 梶浦由記×Void_Chords PriPri live concert, not a live event with seiyuus for Pripri movie (at least currently on paper).

PS. Let's stop talking about this - we can probably assume it's her until the staff listing confirms otherwise. Because why not.
And if they don't reveal anything by the time the concerts are over, I'm going to think the project is dead for now. :p

The logic is that it would be pointless to hold a live with a composer they plan to stop working with in the future, so by reversing that, means that because there is that interview and concert one can think that they ll continue having YK as bgm composer. The VAs would be a good choice for promo in case they didnt go with the composers,. And sure lets wait and see.

Speaking of PriPri... I'm relistening to the OST.

I'm perplexed why they are performing moonlight melody instead of Mo hitotsu mawashite during YK lives. Are the lyrics too specific for lives? (to~san, ka~san) (Edit: Yeh, they kinda seem to be. I read the lyrics. Thx @yuki.n.) Time for a selfcover if that's the case, lol... Shame to waste this instrumental and Yuriko's harmonies, lol. It's like the superior Marchen. v( '')v

Also, did anyone purchase the hi-rez version of this OST? Are they really selling fake 96kHz? (The one I found seems like it's around 48kHz.)

Am I the only one who unconsciously replace the picture (just in my mind) of the characters playing guitar, violin, and flute, by Korenaga, Konno, and Akagi? lol

Back