Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

Well, the first one was supposed to open last April so assuming the first one was finished back then and they kept working on the second one, it's still a year and a half inbetween.

I think I assumed Crown Handler was just for the first movie's subtitle rather than the whole series.

Edit:
Also, @george1234 please fix the title of the thread. It's still supposed to be 6 parts, officially at least.

Last edited:
Well i do remember i didnt change it by myself, some had said that it would be 3 instead inside here. I ll change it back anyways

- Iwanami is the sound director so don't expect something incredible unless Kajiura had the same freedom in SAO lol

Some tweets~
- Mixed old and new OST
- Still had the jazzy tune from what they say but then again might be from previous OST
- Chapter 1 had action scene/s so expect upbeat then
- Effin flute(then again might be from TV series...)

Last edited:
FYI for any Spotify-users: The show’s OST and the live album from YKxVoidChords are now available to access!

Alright, Aniplex, now give me Madoka or give me death.

『プリンセス・プリンシパル Crown Handler』第1章 本編冒頭映像 - YouTube

VPN Time~

First minute is just like the TV series ep. 1 intro sepia-styled backstory with the glocken-intro shadows and fog.

So ya I saw someone?/interview that it was film scored and it shows on the next minute until the last part of the vid.
Still shadows and fog but rearrange with flutefes but less tacky?? than the original. Absolute sure Remi new vocal recording (more lighter/brighter than the original which is layered heavily) from the middle part of the bgm and kinda the last part BUT same melody. I might say it has the vibes like the live ver.?

I do believe Remi re-recorded her lines because some of them end differently than the original Shadows and fog

That remix isn't giving me the jazz caper fantasy I want from this soundtrack. Keeping my expectations in check

As always with 曲 (I think) it could be anything, basic track, Kajiurago or song. And I think that she would have teased the vocalist if it was a song ? Also nobody trying to guess the singer in the comment section so far. Maybe Kajiurago... at best ??

Well I don't think she haven't hype a song that is pure instrumental? Waver-kun is diff. "case" cause it is OP. So that leads us to Kajiurago/Song then? But the lack of comments during that scene confuses me so ehhh

Edit: Ah shit, is it possible for chase / chess to be mistranslated by google-sama? Then probably she is talking about the one they preview "chasing scene". :wai:

Last edited:
Well I don't think she haven't hype a song that is pure instrumental? Waver-kun is diff. "case" cause it is OP. So that leads us to Kajiurago/Song then? But the lack of comments during that scene confuses me so ehhh

Edit: Ah shit, is it possible for chase / chess to be mistranslated by google-sama? Then probably she is talking about the one they preview "chasing scene". :wai:
That's hard to tell.... If you search チェス in google, most of the results are "chess", and "chase" is written as チェイス instead. But I don't think the transliteration from English to Japanese has so strict rule that everyone must write the same katakana for the same English word. (There're some English words that I've seen more than one form of their katakana.)

Unfortunately... we have both chess scene and chasing scene...- -". Still, I think it's really "chess". If it's "chasing scene", it should be katakana of "chasing", not just "chase".

On one hand I think that if it was a chase, the word would have been in japanese
On another hand, it's difficult to believe that a chess scene is interesting and long enough to make a long and catchy track.

Someone more at ease in japanese could tell us if they use this japanizing-beamed english word on everyday life.
Or someone brave enough could read Kajiura's posts from January 1th, 2019 when Lord-el-melloi was announced, because they teased a chase scene and maybe she tweeted something about it.

FYI for any Spotify-users: The show’s OST and the live album from YKxVoidChords are now available to access!

Alright, Aniplex, now give me Madoka or give me death.
Well they’re giving me Madoka, lol! Only took, what, like, two months after I said that?

Madoka.... Regional lockout for me... :(
Oh yeah, it’s locked for me too right now! I’m pretty sure that it will be available at midnight (for each specific country), so you should probably check again tomorrow! They said worldwide release, so I’m assuming we’ll all get it? If not . . . Anime News Network, we’re gonna have to have a long talk.

Back