Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

Thanks!! I dont really know how they recorded this live, but it sounds as if the vocals have been mixed to be overshadowed by the instruments (while in a live stage, the vocalists are in front of the instruments...)
Vocals sound fine for me. The e.guitar is completely drowned in all its solos. Did we get a bad rip or what?

wow this live is simply sublime ! bellissima!

it's getting better and better as I am listening :))

(one true fail is the playback of strings)

WITH REAL STRINGS (e.g like in a full-fledged orchestra) can Kajiura lives achieve the same awesomeness of Kenji Kawai's 2007 live. until then, this is still awesome in its way.

like, moonlight melody, have a male chorus too (like in the anime?) and you have a wonderful arrangement !!

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this. Sax should be a mainstay in all soundtrack lives going forward.

Operations in action is the highlight for me. It is head and shoulders above the original and is a great example of why I love Kajiura lives.

Shadows and fog was decent but I don't like the song to begin with so I wasn't expecting much.

It certainly looks more lively in video than audio :)

Apart from 3 people (vocalist keyboard and a bass) cant really tell who else is not Kajiura's teem though lol

Listening to Void Chord singer made me realize Kajiura need a powerhouse in FJ. I suddenly miss Wakana's goddess vocal.

1585735284534.png

Cause it's that time of the month again :plot:

If her solo is bad the FJW would be bad too, her voice wont change magically, dont forget there are some who blame Kajiura for "destroying" her voice while it was mostly the endless Kalafina lives and rehearsals that did (and maybe some bad wakana habbitslike those cold drinks).

We're getting out of the topic but let me clear my comment.
I like Wakana's voice but I don't like her music. As well as, I love Yuriko's voice but I only listened to a few songs of her solo career. Because I like Yuki's music and how she uses the voices!
:glower:

We're getting out of the topic but let me clear my comment.
I like Wakana's voice but I don't like her music. As well as, I love Yuriko's voice but I only listened to a few songs of her solo career. Because I like Yuki's music and how she uses the voices!
:glower:

Wakana's music isnt wakana music because others make it for her she is just doing vocals and sometimes lyrics 🙃 As for the vocal part i think we had enough harmonies for a while, solo songs have their own beauty.

Listening to Void Chord singer made me realize Kajiura need a powerhouse in FJ. I suddenly miss Wakana's goddess vocal.
View attachment 24201
Cause it's that time of the month again :plot:
Tis the season to be devilish.
1549215849810.jpg

But in all seriousness, the VCh gurl was pretty disappointing. That improv was basic as fuark.
Also Joelle is TEH FJ powerhouse, and that VC gurl has nothing on her.

Last edited:
hmm I dunno. I thought VCh vocal was pretty energetic at least. It kept its strength all throughout. Sure her pronunciation gets worse the faster she tries to sing.

whereas with FJs, I feel they are just bored sometimes. In this live, it's not bad tho. Yuriko bless her is sometimes gasping for air these days.

Wakana at her best > Joelle. I agree. but that is no more no longer. like this was clearly written for Wakana :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYZ_CAdMWIY hahahah

Joelle shines in songs like these : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2it-AY8HqE. Wakana today can't sing this, sorry.

Joelle beats VCh here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1YD3RsT-j8 the voice is clearer, smoother.

hmm I dunno. I thought VCh vocal was pretty energetic at least. It kept its strength all throughout. Sure her pronunciation gets worse the faster she tries to sing.
Oh sure, she had energy. But I mean, she was given the opportunity to do a kewl solo in a jazz song, and she was just underwhelming.
whereas with FJs, I feel they are just bored sometimes. In this live, it's not bad tho. Yuriko bless her is sometimes gasping for air these days.
[/QUOTE]
To be fair, they didn't really get any exciting vocal parts... But then again, they haven't been particularly energetic for years, hue.

Wakana at her best > Joelle. I agree.
Can't say I agree. Even back then she had inconsistent technique, and her head voice, while pretty, was very amateurish. Wakana has never sounded as good as Joelle.

Back