Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

E

elcazador

http://www.pripri-anime.jp/

154evqb.jpg

PV: www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqHsEVwYdX4

Last edited by a moderator:
while the melody lines are typical Kajiura, at least she emphasizes the brass instruments this time and not strings only. The vocals sound like all Kajiura sopranos? I feel like I hear Yuri at the beginning, Remi and Eri in the middle, and Hanae at the end. Look promising. Anyway, non-aniplex/shaft/ufotable show!

Unexpected, but the background art looks very nice, and the music in the pv is promising

@ritardando sax is technically woodwind :p

oh yay! maybe el cazador-sao mix kind of music can be expected haha

what's the plot?

Unexpected, but the background art looks very nice, and the music in the pv is promising

@ritardando sax is technically woodwind :p

Lol yes. I hope the plot would be nice enough because i havent watched any anime at all this year...tho it'll air in summer

From ANN:

The stage is set during the 19th century London, in its capital where a wall divides the east and west of the Kingdom of Albion. Five high school girls, who enrolled in the prestigious Queens May Fair School, are involved in spy activities that involve disguise, infiltration, car chase, and more. These girls take advantage of their special abilities and fly around the shadow world.

It's kinda jazzy and dark at the same time. It sounds nice, and the anime look good as well. Yeah, promising is the word.

I hope for new track for Kalafina - dark and maybe a little jazzy - it would be something new

oooh, this looks super cool. I'm gonna watch this animu just because Kajiura's in it. The music seems real jazzy, it's quite fresh.

Hmm, the music is kinda giving me some Baccano vibes but mixed with Kajiura's style, it sounds promising. I like it.
The show itself though reminds me of Gosick a lot haha

I hope for new track for Kalafina - dark and maybe a little jazzy - it would be something new

Why do when kajiura compose for something, the first thing most people mention about is "I hope for a new Kalafina song"? 90% of people are only around for Kalafina (and to some extent, FJ). The chance we'd get Kala song from this is pretty low/nonexistent after all since Bandai Visual animes usually mean Lantis.

While the style of that bgm has obvious influences from Madlax/noir i think it totally fits :) and i hope she doesnt start copying melodies from these 2 now but will come up with new stuff :) Seems very promising, love the music, the art style is a bit like Gunslinger girls

Yuki Kajiura just twitted she's doing it https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/845175805739118595 I guess some comments are going to follow :)

the vocals sound like FJ since at the beginning you can hear a vocal that sounds like Kasahara and later its the 4 usual girls :)

I can already smell Kalafina doing OP or ED or both, totally fits their old dark style

Since this anime doesnt seem to have any males in, we will see if those saying its "shounen anime" 's fault that Yuki Kajiura has less inspiration, are right

@ritardando: We dont know what kind of limitations there are in their new contracts with Sacra, it might allow them to sing for other labels anime, and that would be a good reason why Kajiura finally decided to exit the Sony field for the first time since Pandora Hearts. Of course a FictionJunction revival would make me even more happy <3

Last edited:
I was cool with the first half but the 2nd is just... uninspired to say the least. Owell, here's hoping.

PS. There's no Kasahara in this.

^ Me too i didnt like the transition there, the filter and feel was different from the first half of the music, bad mixing i guess ?

Since this anime doesnt seem to have any males in, we will see if those saying its "shounen anime" 's fault that Yuki Kajiura has less inspiration, are right

Guy spotted, (to the right, side character ?), but who knows, YK has made some great pieces as men themes before like "L.A", "Jr" and "man in black"

2cpf51y.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm not too sure about this show. The guy doing the composition write code geass, valverave, and kabenari, shows which are entertaining but infamously bad.

If that wasn't bad enough, the show seems to be part of an advertising campaign for a video game of the same name. Not neccesarily a negative, but those rarely turn out well.

On top of all that, the logo and character designs just look kind of trashy.

Wow, I really like the song in the PV! At least she's focusing on other instruments besides strings. I agree the second half is more typical Kajiura sound and not really new, but sounds okay so can't complain.
I agree I'd totally love a Kala new song! Featuring Keiko's deep voice ♥ Or maybe something like Lacrimosa? Since this anime and Kuroshitsuji seem to have a similar ambientation. However I wouldn't mind a FJ song either, at least t0 remember FJ still exist :XD:
I'll probably watch the anime even if it's just for the music, the trailer look good and the plot seems interesting, but the promotional image makes me hesitant. In my experience, when a promotional image is just full of lolis... Hopefully there will be some real story and action and not just kawaii girls doing moe things in a bland, useless plot....

Back