Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

Also confirms 6 DVDs total so single cour. (Assuming it wasn't confirmed before.) Now waiting for Lantis's move.

^ It wasnt, thanks! I would be unexpected if they made more than that since the purpose of this anime is to promote the mobile game. But who knows ? Madoka was 12-ep too and made a craze :)

Btw, that radio program is every week so we will hopefully get more musics on Sunday, even if they dont appear on ep 1 that's on same day.

Release schedule for BDs

<続巻発売日情報>
・第1巻:2017年9月27日
・第2巻:2017年10月27日
・第3巻:2017年11月24日
・第4巻:2017年12月22日
・第5巻:2018年1月26日
・第6巻:2018年2月23日

Cute pic with the staff and the seiyuus
http://www.pripri-anime.jp/wordpres.../0766475bf32ddd0536d6687dca02a617-768x576.jpg

Last edited:
Well its possible she didnt use only her in the entire soundtrack , but based on the recent OSTs, where vocal tracks are very limited ( i really hope this isnt like that), its not unlikely.

ep 1 raw at TokTosh

Last edited:
- Bgm with vocal and percussion
OP
- Bgm with bells and various sounds,then acoustic piano
- Jazzy bgm with drums , choral vocals and sax n piano (its the bgm from pv 1)
(felt like 3-4 mins)
- Musicbox bgm
- Music with sfx (i do hear some bells)
- bgm with acc piano, little mysterious and synch perch
- More bells bgm
- calm piano
- Calm bgm with acoustic guitar
- Strings and some drumming in background
- Sfx
- Bgm with synch flute and percussion, strings, bells (was the first from 2nd pv),
- Sad piano with some slow e guitae then strings
ED

Overall it was a step up from the recent stuff, but most tracks are still into the philosophy of the post-knk soundtracks, with using sfx instead of cello or violin. Certainly not bad. I will have to hear with subs to understand what's happening, too. Τhe melodies are worked in more depth.

The setting is kinda like gunslinger girls.

Also 2nd ep of the radio show is out http://lantis-net.com/pripri-radio/

Last edited:
I was already intrigued but a similar setting to Gunslinger Girl? That's promising. I loved that series.

I mean its little girls (or little-looking) with guns that kill evil people :)

btw does anyone know how to record the stream of the radio show ?

I'm only 10 minutes in but I have to say the music is mixed at ridiculously low volume. Ridiculously low...

PS. It's nothing like Gunslinger Girl if you ask me. Unless loli looking girls with guns is literally the only point of comparison.

Edit: It was an okay first episode. No comment on music cause I could barely hear it. What seemed like a reused Fate/Zero drum track annoyed me.

Edit2: lol @george1234, Japan still uses the MMS protocol? Just google a stream downloader that supports mms.

Last edited by a moderator:
new look for the website http://www.pripri-anime.jp/
now it has a "world" page.

@ grunty: Indeed it was too low, but at least whole tracks were used, unlike in SAO.
Lets hope they give us stand-alone OSTs at least.

I found instructions for VLC and seems to work.
edit: i recorded the stream and can upload it for whoever wants to play with audio filters.

Last edited:
@grunty: I was that way with Kibuki, I could barely hear the music, though maybe the volume was messed up or something (I had my volume set pretty high)? Hmm. I will wait for the subs to be up somewhere. I hope soon.

I liked gunslinger girls as well... but for the story of course. It did seem a little darker than what the title implies, which to me seems to be more of a magical girl show. Way different in the trailers. lol (I like the Pri-Pri. It reminds me of Scra-Prin from Scrapped Princess... loved that series) Looking forward to it, if I can hear the music. heh

Agree that sound volume was far too low, but from what I could hear, the music was damn refreshing in some places so I'm looking forward to the rest of the ost.

The first episode was also nice. It dragged in the middle, but it was still entertaining. I will say that this show looks lovely. I love what they're doing with the background art, and the animation is surprisingly good.

SOUNDTRACK ANNOUNCED!!
http://www.pripri-anime.jp/news/?p=152

TVアニメ『プリンセス・プリンシパル』の劇中音楽を収録したサウンドトラックCDが9/27(水)に発売決定!

「タイトル未定」
音楽:梶浦由記

発売日:2017年9月27日(水)
価格:3,300円+税
内容:劇中の楽曲はもちろん、OP・EDのTVサイズver.も収録予定
発売元:株式会社ランティス
販売元:バンダイビジュアル株式会社

A soundtrack CD containing the drama music of the TV anime "Princess Principal" will be released on 9/27 (Wednesday)!

"Title TBD"
Music: Yuki Kajiura

Release date: September 27, 2017 (Wednesday)
Price: ¥ 3,300 + tax
Contents: Including songs in the play, as well as OP · ED TV size ver.
Publisher: Lantis Corporation
Distributor: Bandai Visual Co., Ltd.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Funny how Pripri gets OST before Zaregoto lol

Last edited:
Wow that's ALOT of music for a 12- ep anime, unless they do some trick of the kind disc 1: ost, disc 2: OP/ED songs which would be so lame.

Hopefully not (considering there's a seperate character song album coming out). We're always complaining that there's too much unreleased stuff on series with 26 episodes and 2 soundtracks, I think we should just be thankful Lantis felt generous on this shorter show. ^^

By the way 2CD soundtracks seem to be fairly standard for Lantis. Just about every one of their shows (short or not) from the past 3 or 4 years had a 2CD OST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back