Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

Those playbacked strings and violin closeups are literally rage inducing. Why even play something like the London Wall and everyone has something to hide,or shall we dance? school girl life felt like some random school exam/recital/wedding. Plz2stop with the strings playback, goddamnit. It's honestly infuriating me more than whatever touching up on the singers audio they might be doing in these home video releases, lol.
It would've been better if Sakurada played synth strings on his keyboard to help Ayaka. At least it would look less fake, hue.
Or just leave it as violin solo. It would still sound good.

Just you, me thinks. Joelle kinda reminded me of Yuuka on Mo hitotsu.
Also, did they read my comment about swaying more in Moonlight Melody? hue.

It would've been better if Sakurada played synth strings on his keyboard to help Ayaka. At least it would look less fake, hue.
Or just leave it as violin solo. It would still sound good.
It just makes me angry that almost half the BGMs were based around playbacked strings. Not even featured, they were the prominent damn thing in the tracks. I don't know why they can't have the violin audible at least if solo is too much to ask.

Why didn't they do "bitter times" or "on a day so calm"? Korenaga had his acoustic guitar out. Not exciting enough? But the playbacked "tensions are risingthe London Wall" was? Psh. :p
Heck, even "moonlight melody in blue" as a prelude to the actual "moonlight melody".

PS. I actually liked the moving camera in Mo hitotsu and beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just finished watching the video. I liked almost all songs, except for shadows and fog vocal arrangement. Loved mo hitotsu mawashite and go and get it (i think it was, the one before battle of the shadows).

Keiko y u so pretty... :dote::dote:

I'm getting chill and relaxing vibes in this pripri live dunno why lol
It's not that I hated the playback strings but I would say it's pretty awkward....Why not get cellist instead of another keyboard player which is pretty redundant...Other than that I'm happy :love:

I think I said before mo hitotsu was THAT song when the OST was released and with me being a Keiko stan I :nosebleed::nosebleed: Heavy strings on pripri I think is the weakness of the OST so aside from the vocal tracks which I really love , I really like espionage, operation and go and get it.

Joelle warming up to harmonizing parts, Consistent Yuriko is consistent, Keiko the "energetic bunny", Kaori happily performing Kajiura songs(If u guys are aware on her twitter, she was kind of down this year, I hope people cheered her up during those times) and Kajiura smiling now and then....ya I'll take this xmas present thanks!

@Liana_Ilia Do you have me ignored? :p It's in my post on the previous page.

It's not that I hated the playback strings but I would say it's pretty awkward....Why not get cellist instead of another keyboard player which is pretty redundant...
Except Sakurada's parts in this live are not? lol
I'm totally going to defend Sakurada's presence in this live over the violinist (in the form that we got), lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except Sakurada's parts in this live are not? lol
I'm totally going to defend Sakurada's presence in this live over the violinist (in the form that we got), lol.
Totally agree, Sakurada killed it during the live. The sax's girl was also good, but I would liked two saxs instead of one :confu:.

Almost offtopic, someone found Void_chords part of the live?? (I really need to listen to the Other Side of the Wall)

It's not that I hated the playback strings but I would say it's pretty awkward....Why not get cellist instead of another keyboard player which is pretty redundant
Kajiura wouldn't have been able to play the piano improvs though.

WTF, WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING? I LITERALLY CLICKED REPLY ON NIGHTMARE'S POST. GEORGE, FIX THIS!!! CAPSLOCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Me going to the forum after playing a mobile game: :swt:

Maybe I'm just too indifferent to Sakurada during Kalafina days(I think the only time I was wowed by him is during in your eyes live) to the point that I'm not too impressed lately and I'm too focused on watching the utahimes I'm not feeling his improvs...:rain: Setlist-wise, I thought cellist would have more roles in this live...:confu:

Back