Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

You know, it's really difficult to get a decent impression of the music in this show because of how quiet it is...
I've not checked Chapter 2 or 1 since they came out but I remember really not caring for the music in the 2nd one - it just seemed way too dank.
From what you posted Chapter 3 seems to have some neat ideas mixed in, even if the full tracks might still end up on the boring side. Even the opening credits strings have some non-current-standard-Kajiura things going on there. That piano loop at 3m and 4m15 in #6 (holy shit are those strings dramatic for the scene compared to the rest of the show, lol). That jazzyish piano/harp/xylophone instrumental against standard strings in #11 shadows&fog arrange certainly feels more specific to the PriPri world. Hopefully #12 is longer on OST.

PS.
Chapter 3 bluray comes out November 22.
https://pripri-anime.jp/news/?p=2939/

Last edited:
It doesn't sound half bad. Though I think one theme, featured in #5, is a slight (perhaps fairly obvious, even) loan from Gustav Holst's "Planets," specifically the poem "I Vow to Thee My Country".

I've always loved YK's cello arrangements. Actually, I can't think of a single piece by YK for cello that fails.

Last edited:
It doesn't sound half bad. Though I think one theme, featured in #5, is a slight (perhaps fairly obvious, even) loan from Gustav Holst's "Planets," specifically the poem "I Vow to Thee My Country".

I've always loved YK's cello arrangements. Actually, I can't think of a single piece by YK for cello that fails.
I think you pertaining to "Jupiter" Ayaka Hirahara has a song also for that lol

Updated Crown Handler bd menus up to 3 (first from the bdmv, 2&3 bdrips from nyaa)

file/RgxXGYYa
#tSrem_slcI7OQU2Wyh8aYAHbQdFz9EBWQVxO6cOVV0w
mega
"cpm"

shadow and fog still the best. 2nd is lost butterfly. 3rd strings are eh, although the piano loop makes it creepy...

Edit:
Added this to the random goodies thread, with some other older BD menu rips.

Last edited:
Added a shitty downmix of the music to post-322856 on page34.
There could be repeats and OST tracks, I did not double check.
Another 4 years til the OST. ^_^

https://fictionjunction.com/information/11163/

The third chapter of "Princess Principal Crown Handler," which opened in 48 theaters nationwide on April 7, 2023, was released on Blu-ray on November 22, 2023.
*An interview with Yuki Kajiura is included in the booklet.

For more information, please check "Princess Principal Crown Handler" Chapter 3.

Princess Principal Crown Handler" Chapter 3

Release Date Wednesday, November 22
Price Blu-ray 7,800 yen (excluding tax) / 8,580 yen (including tax)
Specifications
Part number: BCXA-1572
Running time: 59 minutes + 110 minutes of special features (tentative)
Sound: DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1ch), Linear PCM (stereo)
Audio extras and some video extras are recorded in Dolby Digital (stereo).
TwitterLineFacebook

https://pripri-anime.jp/product/bd/

Last edited:
Back