• XenForo had been updated to 2.1.2. Report issues here.

Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [part III: Spring Song > Spring 2020]

grunty

I have reached Yuki nirvana
Exactly, that's precisely why I'm complaining. She can make better music without overshadowing the show !
Oh trust me everybody here who got into Kajiura pre-KNK/Kalafina is hoping for a return of that thinking. :)

Edit: @Justisamuel Shameless plug, on a similar note of standalone releases, I'd like to invite you to the YK Anime Music Guide thread to check out my NOIR rips. It's interesting how the anime tracks were changed/updated for the OST release (they had money? saw an opportunity in the CD release?). Unfortunately for me - I have a preference for the anime versions so I still hope they release them one day. Obviously you might disagree but it's kind of in the same line of this discussion.

Last edited:

Taldor

I like Yuki
Literally all new vocal tracks were Tokyo Konsei (with a bit of Kasahara mixed in). Somewhat disappointed since I'm much more of a fan of individual singers or a combination of them. The soundtrack was a good match for the film but I only took 6 tracks for my music playlists.

grunty

Watching the movie rn.

The whole school sequence with Shinji was horribly horribly horribly done when it comes to music (#06-08). Why use those short choirs (and upbeat BGMs) on a fight like this? And then that goddamn fanfare...

the butterfly emerge should've just been instrumental and it would've been surefine. Like you can't even clearly hear Kasahara and the choir at one point under all the SFX so why bother.

that scene in the rain also could've been better - read: stringless; at least until more people showed up.

the einzbern's castle fight was unintentionally hilarious with the music, colorful explosions and Rin jogging. I feel like this whole fight would've been so much better/more effective without Kajiura at all - like the middle sequence. I mean, I think like you should feel these are basically two tanks fighting and Kajiura's upbeat bgm with those horrible choirs just doesn't do it for me at all... Or maybe it's the sound director's fault and he wanted music at all the wrong places in the movie...

despair and hope worked great on the other hand IMHO.

again, petals and butterfly shouldnt've played at all IMHO. made the whole scene so much more cheesy. or at the very least started much later, with the 2nd Remi entrance...

I beg you is flawless for this movie.

So yea, everything was surefine except the fights (just no, complete disconnect from the situation) and tender moments between Sakura x Shirou (cheesefactory).

Thank you for reading. This was grunty playing sound director, lol.

Last edited:

grunty

So... ummm... I'm doing stuff for fun... lol... Would anyone be interested in a custom version of the movie audio? With altered music cues. lol.

grunty

Does anyone have any suggestions for music changes to try out?
I think I removed all the music but also a lot of SFX with it (and rather messed up the dialogue/SFX balance in general) so to still keep it sounding decent I might not do everything.

Last edited:

grunty

I thought I'd finish a rev1 today but nope... hopefully I'll post it tomorrow. I'm on the Einsbern fight. I'm curious what you're going to think of some of this. I mean, I'm removing cheese but also adding some new, lol.

Edit: Sent it out.

Last edited:

george1234

I just saw the movie too. I agree that the chorus was totally uneeded in the school fight - way too epic for what was happening. Most of the rest of the music fit well, especially the candy bgms. I think Kajiura managed her goal in this one, the music, even when upbeat it didnt disturb from the plot. Sad that it also means its not that good as stand-alone soundtrack.

PS; flowers and petals played during the intercourse scene. I think "Love is Power" would match much better :XD: unless the bgm meant to imply what "Heaven's Feel" title meant.

Terry Tsurugi

7 billion humans. She must know I exist
Just finished watching the movie. Thought the music worked fine as a soundtrack, although for me not so much as a music album to listen to with the lights off and a snifter of scotch in hand. Haven’t listened to the soundtrack by itself yet though. Hearing I Beg You during the end credits made me appreciate the song much better. I liked the reference to Believe and thought it worked perfectly in context. Not a huge fan of the movie, although I’m looking forward to the last chapter. I did like the dream scene with the candy critters.

grunty

the einzbern's castle fight was unintentionally hilarious with the music, colorful explosions and Rin jogging. I feel like this whole fight would've been so much better/more effective without Kajiura at all - like the middle sequence. I mean, I think like you should feel these are basically two tanks fighting and Kajiura's upbeat bgm with those horrible choirs just doesn't do it for me at all... Or maybe it's the sound director's fault and he wanted music at all the wrong places in the movie...

(...)So yea, everything was surefine except the fights (just no, complete disconnect from the situation)
I kinda flipped my opinion on this yesterday after removing the first part of she rules the battlefield music from the movie. Having removed the music from Alter's appearance, I feel like the buildup intro got me in the totally wrong mindset on that first watch.

I realized that I got that fight completely wrong. It wasn't supposed to be tanks. It wasn't supposed to be "epic" as in grand. It wasn't supposed to be a fight I was invested in. It was supposed to be b0nkers. Just a b0nkers fight with 2 gods of the battlefield obliterating literally everything. Now the rest of the track and visuals work absolutely lovely for me. It really is b0nkers, BGM included.

Last edited:

Lorde-Kowz

How did we miss this, boys?
I Beg You Live from Aimer's Asia tour.

Also, OST credits from VGMDB

ALL Keyboards & Programming: Yuki Kajiura

Electric Guitar: Koichi Korenaga
Drums: Kyoichi Sato
Bass: Tomoharu "jr." Takahashi
Strings: Kiyo Kido Strings
Trumpet: Kazuya Homma, Fumiya Kawahara
Trombone: Takeshi Imamura
Horn: Takanori Takahashi, Yu Kumai, Taiga Kosukegawa, Shunsuke Kimura

Vocal & Chorus: Yuri Kasahara, Yuriko Kaida (I wonder if they meant Remi...)
Chorus: Tokyo Philharmonic Chorus

>Producer: Yasunori Mori
Didn't he retire?

grunty

How did we miss this, boys?
I Beg You Live from Aimer's Asia tour.
She's so gud live (if it's not edited in post too much) though I think her anti-s would hate her slurring even more than the studio version, lol.. Somehow it feels sped up though... lol. Also wish the harmonies were there.

>Producer: Yasunori Mori
Didn't he retire?
I don't know about that. He's apparently working at 株式会社ハイウェイスター which is an artist management company.

Last edited:

Terry Tsurugi

7 billion humans. She must know I exist
Wonder how the performances of I Beg You with Kaji-chan and FBM in Tokyo compared to this version with Aimer’s band. It sounds like her band is more comfortable playing this than they are with Hana no Uta (which I thought was very sloppy in her last BD release), even though I would have assumed that this faster song is more difficult to play.