• XenForo had been updated to 2.0.4. Report issues here.

Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN [Heaven's Feel]" movies [part III "Spring Song" > Spring 2020]

judging by the PV decoration, im pretty sure they got the same dude that did the Kalafina PVs for it, meh i miss the bravely shine PV director.

@sora i actually like this part more, it has less of typical kajiura to the melody. I think the song goes 3 1 2 (starts with "weird shift", then goes to slow part, near the beginning, and then the refrain), or maybe the "weird part" is the bridge.

Last edited:

ritardando

I have reached Yuki nirvana
I actually liked the song but at the same time I hated it because aimer sounded like she's singing and chewing candy/chewing gum at the same time.

@george1234 but.. I liked this PV too. I don't even remember what brave shine PV looked like lmao

grunty

Still cautiously optimistic for the full thing except it feels to me like Aimer is not part of the track again. Like either she's too loud or her voice just wasn't mixed with this track. Maybe it's the quality or maybe that's always the case with Aimer? it was mostly the twitter quality I'd say

@Kowz , Iunno, the melody itself could very well be a theme for Assassin within the show.

Last edited:

Terry Tsurugi

Roses at her doorstep
Surely the last part of the PV is a different song off the single. The music is completely different, in a different key, the girl is different, no evil rabbits, etc.

I'm more curious about the lyrics tho after reading Sakura's VA and Aimer interview they mentioned the song's lyrics as crazy or so along that line lol. Google translate gave me "eating elephants" lmao

grunty

Well after one listen...

The transition to the instrumental part of the bridge could be better (cause I was like OH NO YRUINITWITHBORINGSTRINGS for 3 seconds) and I'm not yet sold on the ?laylayla? parts or the random English but I'm very happy with this track. ;p Looking forward to the 3rd one already if this is the speed Aimer x Kajiura are improving with.

ritardando

By recent Kajiura standard this is actually a great song. Too bad it's ruined by aimer and her shitlike singing. God I hate her voice so much. Why do people like her when she's singing like she's gargling or eating hot boiled potato at the same time I wouldn't understand.

ritardando

Her singing is definitely the same my church VG instructor tells us not to do: avoid singing like you're holding something on your cheeks and pushing every note around with your jaw.

I mean even the Kalafina girls technique are all over the place but there's a special place in hell for people who sings like aimer.

And to think that I actually would've really liked the song had anybody else sings it but her.

Can I have my nirvana Yuki title changed into #1 aimer's anti lmao

Last edited:

grunty

I mean even the Kalafina girls technique are all over the place but there's a special place in hell for people who sings like aimer.
wayharshtai.gif lol

I guess I'll wait and see how she's doing in another 5 years or so to compare her to the graduate Kajiura singers.

Terry Tsurugi

Roses at her doorstep
I get a strong Magia Quattro vibe, especially the transition into the bridge. A little Magnolia too, as well some of the other Arabic scale songs sprinkled throughout Kalafina’s discography. I can totally imagine Kalafina doing this song, with Keiko on the verses. I can even picture their dance movements for it. I find it to be immediately catchy, whereas Hana no Uta took dozens of listens for me to grow to love it, so I suspect that I won’t love this one as much over time. Aimer definitely doesn’t have a church choir voice or technique, but her singing is perfect for the type of music she does and I can understand why so many people love her. And it is a nice change from the typical J-pop voices. My main problem with her is her usual material, which to me sounds like the Evanescence desk drawer.