Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [standalone OST March 27/2024, UBW/HF concert on 21-22/9/24]

I've only heard her try a semi-operatic style at the end of the refrain in Sobani Iru yo. Any recs?
I almost forgot your asking..lol. The other songs in that style I know are Realism and God Only Knows.

I almost forgot your asking..lol. The other songs in that style I know are Realism and God Only Knows.

Totes forgot to respond, hue. I listened to both. I was really impressed with Realism. Didn't know she could sing like that. Even live she was consistently good through most of the performance.

Wow! I hope its a faster song than last time though. Btw who are these ladies in your siggy ? :)

The name of the group is there in the sig pic. They're iz*one, a recently debuted Kpop idol. The members are chosen by a survival talent show called Produce48. The show is cooperation between Mnet and AKB48/48 Family. 3 of the Members Japanese and are members of 48 group. They're really pretty and they're currently my current obsession. Their debut song is imo the best debut song from any girlgroups debuting this year and I like it so much. The member in Nightmare's sig is Miss Miyawaki Sakura, a HKT48 member (now is also an iz*one member) who's veryyy popular in Japan.

@Nightmare I'M SO GLAD I MET SOMEONE WHO ALSO STANS IZONE YESSSS

Off topic but:
O gawd @ritardando I watched la vie en rose like 100 times lol it's so good. I'm curious who's your bias? :plz: I know Sakura is not the greatest singer/dancer but I really like her performances throughout the produce48 show(yes I watched the whole thing lol) and I'm a visual trash haha. Edit: I also like 1000%, Rollin and especially Rumor :love:

@george1234 as ritar said new kor-jpn group that debuted this week. Have a listen! 1-2 of them have a distinct voices so you might like them and if you're ok with kpop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZwr2a_lFWY

As for Aimer, is there a possibility Kajiura will also do her b-side? I feel like her going to studio many times seems like she made many tracks but yeah for sure it's for hf osts. Can't wait!

Cool. I like Aimer voice, so I'm glad to see this news. I wonder if she'll end up doing the last movie as well.

Off topic but:
O gawd @ritardando I watched la vie en rose like 100 times lol it's so good. I'm curious who's your bias? :plz: I know Sakura is not the greatest singer/dancer but I really like her performances throughout the produce48 show(yes I watched the whole thing lol) and I'm a visual trash haha. Edit: I also like 1000%, Rollin and especially Rumor :love:

@george1234 as ritar said new kor-jpn group that debuted this week. Have a listen! 1-2 of them have a distinct voices so you might like them and if you're ok with kpop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZwr2a_lFWY

As for Aimer, is there a possibility Kajiura will also do her b-side? I feel like her going to studio many times seems like she made many tracks but yeah for sure it's for hf osts. Can't wait!

I watched the whole thing too! Tbh i followed the show because the Queen Jurina was there but she had to drop out from the show due to her health issue. I never really have a real bias throughout the show but I really liked the Japanese girls. For now my bias is Sakura because idk she seems to have a really nice personality and her visual is 1000% on point. For vocals I really loved Eunbi's voice. They all are really pretty and hardworking, I love how the fandom unites together when people were saying that they're going to flop but look, they are breaking record here and there.

Rumor is THE SONG. I'm obsessed with the song since i watched the show (all rumor girls deserved better) and for now I still think it's the best kpop gg release in 2018. I think we should move this to kpop thread lol

About the aimer song, I hope the song will have less high notes than Hana no Uta. I'm already not impressed with aimer dragging way of singing and I don't need her to drag her voice more to hit notes above C5.

@rita + nightmare: thanks for all the details :)) i ll certainly look them up and yes i do listen to a bit of kpop.

I stumbled on this Aimer concert with orchestra on YouTube, which includes Hana no Uta. I’m no fan of the fussy orchestration, and I think it misses the essence of the song and clashes with the vocal melody. That’s too bad because I think this song could sound great with orchestra with the right arrangement. However, I think Aimer’s singing is once again better than the studio recording, just like in the other 2 live versions I’ve heard.

Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy listening to orchestral arrangements. The orchestration for Hana no uta was indeed quite unmatching with the song and Aimer's voice - they seem to be playing two different songs. Especially that oboe in the background playing the same five note phrase throughout the whole song XD Also don't like the use of trumpets. Hana no uta deserves more justice.
I'm not a big listener of Aimer but other songs like Refrain sounded much better.

Wow that was so good ! :love: I like the orchestra arrangement, its very close to the pop song one. I think the horns werent needed in the intro of the song but were nice on the rest.
True her voice here is better than the studio recording.

I wonder why she had to hold the microphone cable during the whole concert instead of just draggin it some more towards her 🤭.

Is this orchestra from US because i see no Japanese in it. And why couldnt Kalafina or Yuki do such a concert but Aimer and Wakana can ? 😅

Looks like this was just released on disc Oct 31. The orchestra was the Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra (can't find credits for the conductor and arranger/orchestrator) and the performances were on June 20-21. As for orchestral versions of Yuki's music, I guess we got a little taste with the SAO Sing All Overtures concerts. I liked those arrangements, probably because they were overseen/approved by Yuki. I think her music would lend itself well to the orchestral treatment, but the arrangements are crucial.

Just didn't like the oboe, it was too distracting imo. Otherwise the rest was good - the violin parts and rhythm were loyal to the original and there were some nice original touches here and there.

Well I will say that it's hard for me to give a final judgement without the full Hi-fi audio, it sounds tinny as hell in 128k.

After watching it again, I think it’s the playing and conducting that I have a problem with just as much as the orchestration. The dynamics seem clumsy and poorly controlled, the timing and rhythm is plodding and not nimble enough, the plucked string parts are totally inappropriate for the song, I don’t like the woodwind parts either, and there’s an overall lack of expressiveness and musicality, like they were just playing off the sheet music for basic union rates. I much prefer Yuki’s band arrangement and playing, or even the pretty sensitive piano accompaniment in the Budokan live.

Back