Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [standalone OST March 27/2024, UBW/HF concert on 21-22/9/24]

Shaylee sings the intro credits track. It's based on Haru wa yuku. Couldn't hear very well since a character is speaking, but from what I could hear it sounds good.
Yeah I was delighted by how nice that track sounded, even with the horrible quality.

Emiya was also pretty good, although it was very short.

It would've been even shorter if they didn't do slow motion for the entire scene. :p

I only watched some short clips that people posted (cause lol4gb that I've seen) and I don't really have anything to say.

I'm once again ready for a new show without Iwanami on sound direction. (And this is a general observation, not a dig at this particular movie - those camrip clips are just way2shitty quaritay to have much of an opinion on music).

Last edited:
I skipped through the entire shitty camrip since someone on 4channel posted a smaller stream and I think it could be a pretty okay OST? (Sans a couple of overblown slowstrings...)

Seems pretty fitting, the obvious callbacks to previous soundtracks seem to mostly make sense, doesn't really have the lulz/wtf? of lost butterfly (but I guess whether we should be happy about spring song feeling more "safe" is another question). Some Kasahara. Some choirs. I think I'll really like the dagger flashback BGM.

Shaylee's tracks (?not sure if the two are the same one, didn't bother going back in this quality) seem surefine, but rely solely on the "magic" of her voice from what I could tell so if you don't care for her voice, there's probably not much special here from Kajiura...

No Remi...? I feel like they could've had some callback to "lancer and assassin" during the assassin chase sequence. Even a single Remi improv line... Then again maybe Remi's vocal in that track was more for Lancer hype... So reuse the guitaaarz from "the loser has to fall"...? Well, maybe they did and I just can't hear anything in this camrip, lol.

Haru wa yuku starts during the movie. Goddamnit. :|

Plz2standalone OST release, etc.

Last edited:
The tracks that plays when Rin fights the Minions sounded kewl, though it sounds like Luminous sword with a different melody but same everything else hue.

Kajiura on the Late spring ver.
https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/1295343237478014976https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/1295344422192680964
The rearranged "Spring is the late spring ver." is the end of the grand drama in the movie, so I really valued the scale and breadth of the sound, but in the new arrangement I want to deliver this song that leaves the position of ED with a more personal sound.
For the ending sound that I wanted to capture not only the heroine but also the feelings of the characters somewhere, this arrangement was more focused on the thought of one person… I was playing the piano. .. And the new song of Aimer will be soft and moist-to the bottom of my heart-soaked in...(No _-。)

I had the "chance" to watch the second movie in 4DX last year. It was so... annoying. Like, smoke hiding half of the screen or chair shaking like a horny bull so it's raining popcorn, and I'll skip.

I saw "Spring Song" tonight in theater so I'll give my first impressions.

- Shaylee's theme: intro and re-used near the end (pretty sure it was the same). Short, but nice... but definitely short. Would have expected a more epic intro track just like the previous movies, but it is a nice way to open the movie. Voice is nice, but nothing so particular. Delightful rendition of Haru wa Yuku.
- Believe instrumental arrange 2: yet another strings rendition of Believe, not as nostalgic and slow as "what he has believed"
- the flower will bloom/the butterfly emerge arrange: maybe the worst out of the 3.
- Hana no Uta instrumental arrange
- He comes back again and again arrange: choirs are re-used on a new strings melody + E.G and even more beats
- Emiya: quite disappointed. Short, not so hype. Do I remember a... cello ?.. which was pretty random. At first I was like: oh yess, that's our Kajiura signature that will make it better than any other version, but then nothing happens except the end of the track.
- Kirei vs Zouken: choirs. liked it.
- Holy Grail flashbacks: flute, slowly shifting to some more interesting melody (?).
- Rin vs Minions: didn't like it, too much optimistic, and as Lorde-Kowz said, sounds like "Luminous sword" or some SAO bgm.
- Saber Alter vs Rider 1: ends with choirs. Nothing special, but liked it.
- Saber Alter vs Rider 2 (from CMs that Lorde-Kowz has posted): the epic follow-up to "he comes back again and again". Epic choirs, Insane E.G solo in the middle. Track seems to end abruptly, then starts again: I hope it wasn't looped. If not, it may be pretty "long".
- Kirei vs Emiya: OK choirs, drums. No strings (?). Interesting. But at some point imo, it would have been interesting to bring a reinterpretation of "the battle is to the strong" or something as epic as it. Wasn't it the final fight ? Why don't I hear boss music ?
- Illya's sacrifice: okay emotional track, could have brought more emotion without forced strings.
- Haru wa Yuku intro harp: thought it was the actual song starting playing, and it was looped.

There might be another track with choirs, one "candy" track, some SFX (but not so much). Overall, yet another strings fes imo.

Sry for this post which is more like an enumeration of the tracks than a deep instrumental review. Which means that the soundtrack didn't capture my attention much, except the tracks highlighted in bold. Also take my post with caution since I've been watching the movie only one time in theater and haven't been there for reviewing. Dunno if this soundtrack will be my favorite out of the 3: depends of the lengths and amount of SFXs. But no Emiya kajiurago, no This Illusion, a lot of rearrangements so...

About the movie itself... I'm extremely disappointed by the conclusion after the climatic ending of Part 2. Heaven's Feel route was meant to be darker than the other ones, then ended like a random anime with boring yandere, power-ups and good ending. Maybe my expectations were too high after 3 years...

Went to watch the movie last night, but I think I need some time to write about it... still have so much work to deal with during the weekend. I plan to watch it again...so I may finish it after the second watch.

Short summary for this moment
- It's worth waiting for more than half a year to hear Haru wa Yuku for the 1st time in the movie. (I avoid listening to the full song before watching the movie. It gave a great first impression.)
- Nothing surprise for the story. They follow "true ending" of the route, and I've already known like 70-80% of it (when I read the brief summary of all routes before watching Fate Zero). There are sth. that I want to mention though, but should be next time.
- Compared to the 2nd movie, the total ost are less epic, but blend better with the movie. Nothing sound super out-of-place (like some songs do in the 2nd movie), and there are no scenes that I paid too much attention on the ost to the point that I miss what happen in the movie.

Indeed they follow True Ending, that one route nearly impossible to achieve. 95% of remaining routes end bad, something that could have been interesting for this trilogy after that many dark teasings... that’s why I was disappointed. For people who don’t know FSN, they may think that it’s the kind of shonen with predictable happy endings but it definitely isn’t...

Last edited:
For people who don’t know FSN, they may think that it’s the kind of shonen with predictable happy endings but it definitely isn’t...
I mean... there's rape, murder, slaughter, worms etc... it's not exactly a happy story, even if it gets a happy ending. They did show one of the possible outcomes in the second movie.
And Shirou gets an arm transplant. It's a magical shounen wth asspulls to progress the story. It always has been. :p

I mean... there's rape, murder, slaughter, worms etc... it's not exactly a happy story, even if it gets a happy ending. They did show one of the possible outcomes in the second movie.
And Shirou gets an arm transplant. It's a magical shounen wth asspulls to progress the story. It always has been. :p
Maybe my opinion is biased because I always include Fate/Zero in the story, although it wasn't part of the original material. Gen Urobuchi did an outstanding job on it, sharp philosophy, no good vs evil, no plot armor (if you don't agree with me then it's another debate). FSN is indeed less complex, but one can truly appreciate it by knowing all 3 routes and dozens of endings. Also let's remember that
that precise arm transplant is responsible for Shiro's death at the end of the story / and he doesn't come back in the Normal Ending making Sakura sad again until she ultimately passes away

Last edited:
Maybe my opinion is biased because I always include Fate/Zero in the story, although it wasn't part of the original material. Gen Urobuchi did an outstanding job on it, sharp philosophy, no good vs evil, no plot armor (if you don't agree with me then it's another debate). FSN is indeed less complex, but one can truly appreciate it by knowing all 3 routes and dozens of endings. Also let's remember that
that precise arm transplant is responsible for Shiro's death at the end of the story / and he doesn't come back in some endings making Sakura sad again
I'm not going to argue that you wouldn't get more out of the original "choice-based" game than from a streamlined adaptation. I just don't know what you would rather have ufotable do about it. :)
End it somewhere in movie 2 without getting to the finale just to be shocking? Or do an anime-original ending that is a surprising kick in the nuts to the old fans?

As for Urobuchi... eh. Yea, I won't get into it. ;p
"This Geass scroll binds me to "not hurt you". It is absolute."

Edit:
Sorry if this is completely awkward in English. I've no idea how to say what I want to say.

Last edited:
I agree that it was the most coherent way to end the trilogy in terms of audience, benefits etc.
On the other hand, they could have chosen Normal Ending instead of True Ending, because it's the first "good" ending. True Ending could have been shown in Anime adaptation, or alternate/bonus episode (just like when Saber comes back in UBW bonus episode). Would also have been coherent imo, with people being hyped wondering if True Ending would happen at the end of 25 episodes.
Okay that's fine don't urobutcher me, lol !

Back