Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [part III: Spring Song > Now screening]

grunty

I have reached Yuki nirvana
Does anyone have any suggestions for music changes to try out?
I think I removed all the music but also a lot of SFX with it (and rather messed up the dialogue/SFX balance in general) so to still keep it sounding decent I might not do everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justisamuel

7 billion humans. She must know I exist
Make a 30min long « you should not have come here alone » , give it another title and combine it with « Maybe tomorrow »

grunty

I thought I'd finish a rev1 today but nope... hopefully I'll post it tomorrow. I'm on the Einsbern fight. I'm curious what you're going to think of some of this. I mean, I'm removing cheese but also adding some new, lol.

Edit: Sent it out.

george1234

I just saw the movie too. I agree that the chorus was totally uneeded in the school fight - way too epic for what was happening. Most of the rest of the music fit well, especially the candy bgms. I think Kajiura managed her goal in this one, the music, even when upbeat it didnt disturb from the plot. Sad that it also means its not that good as stand-alone soundtrack.

PS; flowers and petals played during the intercourse scene. I think "Love is Power" would match much better :XD: unless the bgm meant to imply what "Heaven's Feel" title meant.

Terry Tsurugi

Just finished watching the movie. Thought the music worked fine as a soundtrack, although for me not so much as a music album to listen to with the lights off and a snifter of scotch in hand. Haven’t listened to the soundtrack by itself yet though. Hearing I Beg You during the end credits made me appreciate the song much better. I liked the reference to Believe and thought it worked perfectly in context. Not a huge fan of the movie, although I’m looking forward to the last chapter. I did like the dream scene with the candy critters.

grunty

the einzbern's castle fight was unintentionally hilarious with the music, colorful explosions and Rin jogging. I feel like this whole fight would've been so much better/more effective without Kajiura at all - like the middle sequence. I mean, I think like you should feel these are basically two tanks fighting and Kajiura's upbeat bgm with those horrible choirs just doesn't do it for me at all... Or maybe it's the sound director's fault and he wanted music at all the wrong places in the movie...

(...)So yea, everything was surefine except the fights (just no, complete disconnect from the situation)
I kinda flipped my opinion on this yesterday after removing the first part of she rules the battlefield music from the movie. Having removed the music from Alter's appearance, I feel like the buildup intro got me in the totally wrong mindset on that first watch.

I realized that I got that fight completely wrong. It wasn't supposed to be tanks. It wasn't supposed to be "epic" as in grand. It wasn't supposed to be a fight I was invested in. It was supposed to be b0nkers. Just a b0nkers fight with 2 gods of the battlefield obliterating literally everything. Now the rest of the track and visuals work absolutely lovely for me. It really is b0nkers, BGM included.

Lorde-Kowz

How did we miss this, boys?
I Beg You Live from Aimer's Asia tour.

Also, OST credits from VGMDB

ALL Keyboards & Programming: Yuki Kajiura

Electric Guitar: Koichi Korenaga
Drums: Kyoichi Sato
Bass: Tomoharu "jr." Takahashi
Strings: Kiyo Kido Strings
Trumpet: Kazuya Homma, Fumiya Kawahara
Trombone: Takeshi Imamura
Horn: Takanori Takahashi, Yu Kumai, Taiga Kosukegawa, Shunsuke Kimura

Vocal & Chorus: Yuri Kasahara, Yuriko Kaida (I wonder if they meant Remi...)
Chorus: Tokyo Philharmonic Chorus

>Producer: Yasunori Mori
Didn't he retire?

grunty

How did we miss this, boys?
I Beg You Live from Aimer's Asia tour.
She's so gud live (if it's not edited in post too much) though I think her anti-s would hate her slurring even more than the studio version, lol.. Somehow it feels sped up though... lol. Also wish the harmonies were there.

>Producer: Yasunori Mori
Didn't he retire?
I don't know about that. He's apparently working at 株式会社ハイウェイスター which is an artist management company.

Terry Tsurugi

Wonder how the performances of I Beg You with Kaji-chan and FBM in Tokyo compared to this version with Aimer’s band. It sounds like her band is more comfortable playing this than they are with Hana no Uta (which I thought was very sloppy in her last BD release), even though I would have assumed that this faster song is more difficult to play.

R

ritardando

She's so gud live (if it's not edited in post too much) though I think her anti-s would hate her slurring even more than the studio version, lol.. Somehow it feels sped up though... lol. Also wish the harmonies were there.

Do you mean me? Lmao. aimer can damn well hit the right notes and I admit it (unlike a certain someone), but pardon me for not liking her slurring/singing at all. Idk which one frustrates me more, aimer slurring dragging but hitting the right notes or Wakana being flat the whole time or falling in and out of tune but still has the tone I somewhat enjoy. I probably hate aimer more because you can damn well autotune Wakana's horrible pitch control but you can't change the way aimer sings.

Omg i really can't stop shitting on aimer. I'm sorry everyone but when I hate someone, I truly hate them. Edited because I'm too horrible. Sorry aimer

wat11

Sailor Yuki
well on her voice I agree with rita, it sounds really bad to me. the slurring is very accurate.

but I guess she did a good job in the sense that it's almost like the studio magicked one.

grunty

Do you mean me? Lmao.
I meant everyone here who made it clear they don't like her. :) And that does include you.

While I can absolutely see/hear how people don't like her singing, I myself still don't hear Aimer as "garbled potatoes in throat" (or other wayharshtai things you said in the past; thank you for editing yourself now :p). Heck, and I'm not even a fan of hers - I just know her Fate songs and think "I beg you" is perfect from her delivery.

If you really want to bring back Wakana's live abilities into this forum - I myself will absolutely pick Aimer, even if this reverbed live (compared to the studio version) hightlighted the slurring more. While (as far as we know) Wakana is doing absolutely fine with her own songs and non-YK covers during her recent lives, she unfortunately is still audibly dying performing Kajiura and I can't appreciate someone dying trying to sing. Unless it's the Eurovision...

VyseLegendaire

TETOTETOMETOME
The BD with orchestra live from Aimer this year was like a nightmare for me. Because everything about it was great except for her stupid speech impediments (no offense to those who have real ones). Why waste such a great production and decent songs on someone who can't figure out how to speak like an adult like most children do when they reach age 10

Wonder how the performances of I Beg You with Kaji-chan and FBM in Tokyo compared to this version with Aimer’s band. It sounds like her band is more comfortable playing this than they are with Hana no Uta (which I thought was very sloppy in her last BD release), even though I would have assumed that this faster song is more difficult to play.
Kajiura songs are all difficult to play because of the crazy key changes happening at random

Gauchi

I like Yuki
Aimer ain’t even half bad tbh, I mean she sounds just like the studio record. But I can see why many don’t like her voice, I’m not a huge fan of it myself. Her singing style just seems v expressionless and flat to me. Would love to hear FictionJunction cover the song

grunty

> tfw people think Aimer's performance in I beg you is expressionless and you think it's perfectly tormented and demented

I'd like to hear FJ cover just because I honestly can't imagine anyone in the lineup doing the song justice so I would be either pleasantly surprised or have fun hating it.

S

sora

I think Aimer’s done a great job of making both hf songs her own. Even Hana no Uta sounds special just from the way she sings it.