Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [standalone OST March 27/2024, UBW/HF concert on 21-22/9/24]

@grunty Could it be they have more time or a higher budget for standalone releases, and the CDs that come with the movies are rushed jobs? I don't really know about mixing, so it;s just a guess, hue.

Skipped through the audio.

Literally nothing about that opening theme made me think of I beg you, lol. (And it was boring.) There's some short solo violin and cello tracks so that's nice, I guess. A gigantic wat da fuk at that heroic bgm at school(?did not watch video). Very much preferred the strings and energy "in the flower will bloom"/"she did not answer" compared to this new rendition. I like the new parts in the arrange with the first opening strings. There's one part right in the middle of the movie during a fight where the violin(s?) inbetween choirs do some totally unKajiura thing that caught me by surprise - not sure if like yet. Nightmare and ShirouxZouken tracks seem coal (and here clearly heard I beg you strings).

Sans the choirs and some WTF moments, I think I'm looking forward to hearing it in beter quality.

Also did I miss any flute? Thought maybe "fears and hopes" would be developed more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Literally nothing about that opening theme made me think of I beg you, lol. (And it was boring.)
You mean the one that's only strings? Or the Kasahara Konsei?
I might be crazy but, the strings track at the very beginning, isn't it playing the second voice from the "lie lie lie lalala" part?
Kasahara is singing the melody from the IBG refrain, although slower and a little simplified.
There's some short solo violin and cello tracks so that's nice, I guess.
The one that plays before Shiro goes to save Sakura? That one was nice. There was also a nice cello track with strings doing pizzicato.
A gigantic wat da fuk at that heroic bgm at school(?did not watch video).
Hue, I thought the same. Who in the world thought it was a good idea? It was very out of place considering the mood of the scenes form ebfore and after.
Very much preferred the strings and energy "in the flower will bloom"/"she did not answer" compared to this new rendition.
It seems it combines the main motifs from both movies.
Sans the choirs and some WTF moments, I think I'm looking forward to hearing it in beter quality.
Same. Maybe I'll enjoy it more if I heart it in better quality and without voices and sfx.
Also did I miss any flute? Thought maybe "fears and hopes" would be developed more.
Definitely no flute.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be crazy but, the strings track at the very beginning, isn't it playing the second voice from the "lie lie lie lalala" part?
Kasahara is singing the melody from the IBG refrain, although slower and a little simplified.
I was talking about the Kasahara opener and I really don't hear IBY there lol. Not saying it's not...
That first track though: Ugh, your mind! My brain definitely didn't put those together and no wonder. I mean, to me it's hardly a "melody" or anything charasteristic in itself, lol, just going up and down a scale....

PS. I still really really like IBY.

Just for funs, hijacked from beast's lair:
Code:
https://app.aniplex.co.jp/fatehf/game.html

A Lancer runner game with at least what seems to be an arrange of lancer and assassin. Low quality mono oggs from what I can tell.

I got I beg you today. Ummm... yeah I think if it was a little slower I would like it. I like the verses, the instrumentals. And at the violin part I think of signal all the time. I thought there would be the instrumental ver of it, does anyone have it? I like the part after the guitar solo. The chorus is kind of annoying though... sorry Aimer and Kajiura. I won't be listening to it a ton. I like the 2nd track already, I know it's not Kajiura. I really like Aimer's voice when it's this type of song. If it's kind of chaotic she can sound like mumbling. Hukuchumu is my favorite song though so far. Anyways, as for I beg you, i like the ending as well. The "Aishiteru". I am looking forward to the 2nd movie soundtrack though.

I agree but I don't mind that much - the best part to me was before the strings in that track. It was used effectively in the movie, too.

Have just watched the movie on the night before the midterm exam for my course....lol. Well...it's said that before the exam, students are busy with reading for the exam, and after the exam, teachers are busy with marking the exam...so.. it's my last chance before I become busy...lol.

Melody-wise, none of them is super impressive, but most of them sounds decent. There are some boring tracks, but IMO, it's much better than the first movie and recently, SAO ordinal scale. (My most favourite Yuki works for movie is still PMMM3. It's likely that Lost Butterfly will be the second.)

I prefer 'the flower will bloom' to this new opening theme. It's still nice, and really describes the atmosphere of this movie. Can't wait to hear the live-version of this song!

From now on, it contains some spoiler.

Love all battle tracks except those during Rider vs Shiro fight in the school. It isn't that it's bad, but it really sounds out of place when you watch the scene, like a heroic theme from SAO or sth.

The other battle themes are good, no matter it's Kajiurago or not, especially those from the long fight between Ilya side and Souken side, to the point that I couldn't concentrate on the fight, just gave my all on the soundtrack. It's a long series of exciting and majestic BGMs. They really match the scenes they were played, even though each of them isn't that outstanding. If Yuki did think that a good OST shouldn't overshadow the scene, this time, she absolutely failed! I'll be back for the second watch in the theatre for sure.

Another thing about the battle theme is... why Assassin's battle themes are always so nice....- -"? (Assassin battle theme in FZ, Assassin vs Lancer, and this time vs Archer)

As for the atmospheric background music, really like the song from the scene that Shiro and Rin rushing to Emiya's house, getting a phone call, and back to the school to save Sakura from Shinji. I like some songs during the church scene as well. Overall, I like most of them except those songs when Shiro and Sakura confessed their love to each other. (kinda boring)

There are a bulk of creepy renditions of 'I beg you'. It reminded me of a similar rendition of 'let the stars fall down' from FZ. ('Dream fades before dawn II'?) It seems like this kind of sound is for those contaminated Holy Grails.

The music from Sakura's dream also reminds me of songs from witch world scenes in PMMM. (In sense of their creepiness, not melody.) I love almost all of them. And after that...well...say goodbye (for a while) to my beloved Seki San....what a dazzling death of our golden king... *you know I'm being sarcastic*
(P. S. Seki Tomokazu is my favourite seiyuu, but still....I've never fallen for any characters he dubbed...lol.)

Another rendition I found is that of Believe, when Shiro and Rin clearly showed that they have chosen the opposite choices: save and not save Sakura. It's like showing that from now on, the UBW route and the HF route were completely separated?

My 'I beg you' first listen - can't help imagining Hikaru or Keiko singing this song with their fierce and passionate expression. Joelle or Kaori at live would be nice as well. I like the song. It is so similar to Gaika, but more energetic. Still, some energy and emotion are lack in Aimer's singing. I think she'd do it better in live performance. Up until now, none of her recordings impressed me, only her live performance can give that amazing vibe.

About the movie... I've roughly known about the whole story. But some little detail are interesting, especially those related to FZ. What I wonder is the original Fate series was supposed to be finished before FZ novel was created. But there are many FZ references in this the movie, and I don't know whether they're already in the original Fate series, or later added or modified when they created this movie.

For example, the magic bird that Ilya used to lead Shiro to the battlefield is so similar to the one that Iri used in FZ. There is also the scene when Fujimura told Sakura that Kiritsugu kept going abroad to (try to) meet his beloved one while Ilya was eavesdropping outside the room. And when Shiro tried to kill Sakura, originally, I guess that the scene was made to show that Shiro's choice in HF route is opposite to what Archer took before he became a servant, but when I watched the movie, what I think is it's opposite to the choice that Kiritsugu took in FZ as well.

If nothing is new, I would praise Urobuchi for making FZ blended so smoothly in the FSN universe.

I was checking Hikaru's twiitter and found some comments about the song
I saw that she's very into HF movie and the song. That may be a reason I think of Hikaru singing I beg you. I wonder would she cover this song if she have a chance to do another live performance.

Lmao that mom took her lesson, to look into plot summary and not judge by the poster. Scary movies have cute girls too, and when on earth will people learn that not all animated works and not all games are for kids ? Animation and graphics is just a type of art and not something always made for toddlers.

Meanwhile i remember a kid much younger than me in a friends family, playing killzone and gta when he was last grade of elementary school 😅

If u are gonna read that text dont read the Caps because they are spoilers !

Back