Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [standalone OST March 27/2024, UBW/HF concert on 21-22/9/24]

https://twitter.com/jun_mdesu/status/1377292242151374849
1617211195538.png

Happy April Fools!!

LOL pretty sure he's ll get disappointed. PH OST one was much better than this...

Btw the HF 3 movie is out >> :whip:

Last edited:
unfortunately I judge most of Kajiura's stuff without any attachment to the shows whatsoever. The only thing that I think I ever immersed myself with is Xenosaga II/III. Sooo I am by default harsher than most hehe. I know I am missing out on a lot :p

I don't think I remember any particularly Greek influences in Kajiura's music. I would have remembered, as would George lol. Middle eastern is a better assessment (I immediately think of pieces like tetetometome/yami no uta at which point I would call it oriental).

I miss that music professor that came here a while ago, I wonder if he is around still.

George we should have Kajiura listen to έντεχνο a little :ohoho:. would be great fit but I don't think Kajiura ever explored it. Celtic, middle east yes but not Greek.

Is it only 13 songs? Seems kind of short, though I guess they used songs from previous movies.
Its 34 songs . Take a look at the discography.

@wat11 After watching the movie all the tracks make sense, even Kajiura.mp3 or the placement of Shaylee tracks and Haru wa Yuku.
But still maybe she should have tried to make it listenable by itself too. It feels kinda soul-less without the movie.

Last edited:
Okay just watched the movie I have to agree with some others that while I thought the soundtrack was fine as a stand-alone, the accompanying directing / visuals / context elevated it to an entirely new level.

Like, sure, four rings and she came to save you sound pretty generic as far as Kajiura goes, but gosh those action scenes were amazing visually. The music works really well for how it’s used. I’ve been repeatedly listening to the electric guitar part in four rings and thinking about how well it complements the pacing of the fight. I must’ve rewatched that scene at least ten times by now.

Point is, fight music is great with fight. Even just watching the action independent of the film is probably an incredible experience. Highly recommend. I’m not even an action fan normally.

That's interesting, the OST was released on bilibili and Youtube, the movie itself has leaked (even if it's not full Blu-ray rip), but still no trace of a proper MP3/FLAC album...

yes, I guess they just took out the vocal songs on the playlist, or the ones that weren't sfx. I like a lot of the vocal songs, but Yuri is weird at times, I agree. She is kind of whiney. I never really cared for her, since I don't really like opera to begin with, but like certain songs like Materialize. This is where all of the vocals have ended up, though it seems like. lol

Well then fellow CPMers... we have unreleased tracks in this ish. Nothing of interest so far but still.

In Illya's Grail/Avenger monologue scene - a different rendition of she tells about the Holy Grail (edit: nevermind, I think they just layered it differently than the CD mix) and then a long ass sfxish track. I'll see how the 5.1 mix is when it pops up.

Edit:
I do have small nitpicks but yea, the music in the movie is really well timed/scored. Feels very confident like I said in the OST post.

"she holds the Black Holy Sword" (I guess it was this movie's "with or against") and "the four rings" are both a really good match for each of their sequences HOWEVER I'm not buying them as part of one fight. I found the succession from one to the other quite jarring.
"she came to save you" is still a random Kajiura.mp3 even within the movie. Kinda like "defeat him and protect her" after EMIYA earlier.

On the movie's side: those constant butt crack shots of Sakura in the cave during "sad" moments were insane.
Also that dagger going straight between the tittles...

It was an alright movie. Not that it dragged but the actual content felt like just 2 regular episodes extended into 2 hours.
A lot of monologuing. A lot of Nasu.
Can't say I understand much about the Holy Grail War technicalities from UBW/HF animu in the end.

Last edited:
What can we do? Most movies have some kind of fanservice. Knk that didnt have much, had direct Haagen Dazs advertisement with those icecreams in the first movie

Gimme that standalone collection for Heaven's Feel and Alicization.

Also, I'm not sure I actually realized the first part of Kasahara's vocal from flower/butterfly tracks is what I later called the despair/Grail/shadow/Angra mainu theme but based on the instrumental BGMs (interception, despair and hope etc)...

Last edited:
bah. the quality is so much better now :) I just compared some tracks. will give it another whole listen

I don't think it should be this kind of difference. Bili almost sounds mono compared to this.
I guess someone wasn't very gud with ripping it or bili really messes up audio on uploads...

Well, no matter. Proper rip out to enjoy.

Now gimme standalone collection to buy plz.

Also, I'm not sure I actually realized the first part of Kasahara's vocal from flower/butterfly tracks is what I later called the despair/Grail/shadow/Angra mainu theme but based on the instrumental BGMs (interception, despair and hope etc)...
How did you not realize that before guronti! =o

I don't know... I'm dum. I can hum you the whole Kasahara melody start to finish and it's likely I wouldn't put 2 and 2 together.

Or maybe I knew and my brain just farted the information out at some point...

Back