Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [part III: Spring Song > August 15, 2020 | Aimer - Hana no Uta/I beg you/Haru wa Yuku single]

Cocho Sensei

I like Yuki
Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy listening to orchestral arrangements. The orchestration for Hana no uta was indeed quite unmatching with the song and Aimer's voice - they seem to be playing two different songs. Especially that oboe in the background playing the same five note phrase throughout the whole song XD Also don't like the use of trumpets. Hana no uta deserves more justice.
I'm not a big listener of Aimer but other songs like Refrain sounded much better.

george1234

Wow that was so good ! :love: I like the orchestra arrangement, its very close to the pop song one. I think the horns werent needed in the intro of the song but were nice on the rest.
True her voice here is better than the studio recording.

I wonder why she had to hold the microphone cable during the whole concert instead of just draggin it some more towards her 🤭.

Is this orchestra from US because i see no Japanese in it. And why couldnt Kalafina or Yuki do such a concert but Aimer and Wakana can ? 😅

Terry Tsurugi

7 billion humans. She must know I exist
Looks like this was just released on disc Oct 31. The orchestra was the Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra (can't find credits for the conductor and arranger/orchestrator) and the performances were on June 20-21. As for orchestral versions of Yuki's music, I guess we got a little taste with the SAO Sing All Overtures concerts. I liked those arrangements, probably because they were overseen/approved by Yuki. I think her music would lend itself well to the orchestral treatment, but the arrangements are crucial.

Cocho Sensei

I like Yuki
Just didn't like the oboe, it was too distracting imo. Otherwise the rest was good - the violin parts and rhythm were loyal to the original and there were some nice original touches here and there.

VyseLegendaire

TETOTETOMETOME
Well I will say that it's hard for me to give a final judgement without the full Hi-fi audio, it sounds tinny as hell in 128k.

Terry Tsurugi

After watching it again, I think it’s the playing and conducting that I have a problem with just as much as the orchestration. The dynamics seem clumsy and poorly controlled, the timing and rhythm is plodding and not nimble enough, the plucked string parts are totally inappropriate for the song, I don’t like the woodwind parts either, and there’s an overall lack of expressiveness and musicality, like they were just playing off the sheet music for basic union rates. I much prefer Yuki’s band arrangement and playing, or even the pretty sensitive piano accompaniment in the Budokan live.

LianaIlia36

I have reached Yuki nirvana
I think she has an interesting voice. I am just now listening to ReFrain. She does not drag her voice in it at all I don't think. I hope for more of a ballad than a cross between one and a fast paced song, if that makes sense. It's like the verses of Hana are for a ballad while the chorus is more for like Kalafina's fast songs. But I am hopeful. Yuki has done a great job so far this year with SAO, so maybe there will be some great tracks besides this song. (Though I really had hoped for Kala, well, that hope is gone now. *sigh* If only they were still together but with Yuki's company.)

george1234

http://www.aimer-web.jp/news/archive/?500562

劇場版「Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel]」Ⅱ.lost butterfly 主題歌担当決定!
16th singleが2019年1月9日に発売!
2019年1月12日(土)全国ロードショーとなる劇場版「Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel]」Ⅱ.lost butterfly の主題歌をAimerが担当することが決定しました!

劇場版「Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel]」Ⅰ.presage flowerの主題歌「花の唄」に続いて、今作でも同作品の劇伴音楽を担当する梶浦由記さんに再び楽曲提供・プロデュースを担当いただきます。Aimer通算16枚目のシングルとして2019年1月9日(水)にリリースとなります。

初回生産限定盤には今年8月に開催されたAimer Fan Club Tour “été”のライブ映像も収録となります!お楽しみに!

Aimer 16th single「タイトル未定」

発売日:2019年1月9日(水)

初回限定盤版(CD+DVD)品番:SECL-2366-7 / 価格:税抜1750円
※DVD収録内容:Aimer Fan Club Tour “été” DIGEST

通常盤(CD only) 品番:SECL-2368 / 価格:税抜1250円

期間生産限定盤 品番:SECL-2369 / 価格:税抜1500円
※劇場版「Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel]」SPパッケージ
※2019年3月末日までの期間限定生産

Terry Tsurugi

Speaking of release dates, I just noticed that Aimer’s single/EP that included Hana no Uta/One/etc. was just released this month in US iTunes and streaming services. It only took a year. Maybe they wanted to time it close to the US release of the movie BD. Hopefully the new single is distributed on a more timely basis in the US.

Terry Tsurugi

Someone recorded Aimer’s AnimeNYC appearance for the Fate special event, where she performed a lovely acoustic version of Hana no Uta, a cover of Believe, and other songs. She also mentions her upcoming I Beg You single. I don’t know if this is the same pianist who played in the Budokan video, but I think I slightly prefer that earlier piano arrangement and playing. https://youtu.be/e4hGaE20Dx0

Atlas Star

Sailor Yuki
Someone recorded Aimer’s AnimeNYC appearance for the Fate special event, where she performed a lovely acoustic version of Hana no Uta, a cover of Believe, and other songs. She also mentions her upcoming I Beg You single. I don’t know if this is the same pianist who played in the Budokan video, but I think I slightly prefer that earlier piano arrangement and playing. https://youtu.be/e4hGaE20Dx0
Fuck she needed back up vocals - I could’ve hopped on stage! I was just about 10 miles away!!!