Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [standalone OST March 27/2024, UBW/HF concert on 21-22/9/24]

I saw this today and just thought I'd drop my impressions.

-Ost is f/z zero style so nothing new, but everything sounded great in the movie.
-F/z main theme plays in a couple of places; the arrangements were all strings and pretty much sounded like typical kajiura
-Hana no uta is the main theme for the ost and there are a couple of different versions of it
-3 vocal tracks, 1 with yuriko (the song from the pv), 1 with remi, and 1 with Yuri and Tokyo Konsei (an orchestral version of hana no uta).

Considering the connection to f/z, I'm pretty happy with Kajiura's work here. The music really added to the atmosphere, and during the actions scenes, they were balls to the wall amazing. The movie itself started really slow, but it picks up and keeps a good pace. So yeah, not bad at all, and a nice end to one of Kajiura's better years in recent memory.

Thanks!! So they advertise it for korea now?

Hm im not sure about that bgm, it didnt seem in synch with the scene, the melody was carried only by the vocals, which sounded screamy at times, and the drums was the usual unplesant Sato play with cymbals.

Not going to lie, I think I hate how this movie looks. (Based on this clip and the trailer.)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av16894720/
Lancer vs. Assassin fight with Remi vocals!

Would've been nice if she added more modern/techno beats here than drums.

That clip was AWSOME! Thanks for the link.

Personally I prefer real instruments to techno beats.

Thanks!! So they advertise it for korea now?

Hm im not sure about that bgm, it didnt seem in synch with the scene, the melody was carried only by the vocals, which sounded screamy at times, and the drums was the usual unplesant Sato play with cymbals.

If I remember right the music wasn't always in synch in Fate Zero as some of the music wasn't made for one scene but multiple scenes. Like the track Battle is to the strong for example.

I really liked the bgm in the clip personally. But then again I love drums and cymbals. Real instruments>electronic imo. Although Yuki Kajiura usually mixes real instruments with electronic which I like.

Not going to lie, I think I hate how this movie looks. (Based on this clip and the trailer.)

I guess you mean the 3d mixed with 2d style? I do miss well animated full 2d style personally.
The anime movie Ninja Scroll is a good example. But atleast the 3d is done better in this new Fate movie then it was in Berserk movies.

^ except that, unlike the TVanime, in movies of ufotable where YKajiura works all the musics are tailor-made for each scene, so this is really weird to be happening for me.

^ except that, unlike the TVanime, in movies of ufotable where YKajiura works all the musics are tailor-made for each scene, so this is really weird to be happening for me.

Good point. I assumed it would have been the same as series.

I think that regardless of the singer I'd find it boring. There's just no excitement in it. I guess it's not as static as the battle is to the strong or some other stuff since Zero but still...

Same @ visuals TBH, to me it feels like there's no weight to the action. It's only a clip though so who knows what I think of the whole thing...

As a side note, I think I find this 5lines logo much more pleasant than the 3lines one.

^yes it sounds like Tokyo Konsei.

I somehow don't like the first half but I may change my mind after hearing a better version. the second half sounds nice though.

Back