Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [standalone OST March 27/2024, UBW/HF concert on 21-22/9/24]

^ Well she does have some experience with mezzo/alto. Check out Keiko songs, some Hikaru songs, Houseki (the Marina Inoue one), Ballad, Hikari of Chiba Saeko. I think that what happened is that she wrote this thinking that Aimer couldnt handle it, but later she wanted to fix it but Aimer said in the usual japanese manner that is all fine and she doesnt need to worry ^^; (or just Kajiura being lazy). It being a potentially Kalafina song is also very possible.

Music sounds repeatitive, but indeed it has alot of lyrics.

I wonder if this sample was taken from the after-bridge part of the song, where x2 refrain is quite common, like in Hikari no Senritsu.

That sounds a lot more like Aimer, although it's still higher pitched than I'm used to from her in places. I don't know why Kajiura would think it's fitting for her to be singing those kind of notes though, nor why Aimer would agree to sing outside of her regular range.

My thoughts on the sample are pretty much the same as everyone else's - though Aimer sounds better, she's still higher pitched then where she normally sings.

There's an AIMER comment in text here http://www.fate-sn.com/music/

COMMENT

劇場版「Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel]」 、主題歌を歌えること、とても光栄です。
Fateシリーズに[UBW]以来また関われるばかりか、初めて梶浦さんの曲を歌う機会をいただけることを、心から嬉しく思います。
この曲は悲しいくらい桜の息をしていて、取り返しがつかないくらいどこまでも純粋で美しくて、いちど聴いただけで大好きになった曲です。わたしの声で表現できる悲しみや絶望や優しさ、愛しさ、そのすべてがこの曲の中で生きられたらいいなと思います。
みなさんにも少しでもそれが伝わったら嬉しいですし、歌で「Heaven’s Feel」の世界を彩れたら幸せです。

google translate said:
I am honored that we can sing the theme song, "Fate / stay night [Heaven's Feel]" in theatrical version.
In addition to being involved again since [UBW] in the Fate series, I am sincerely delighted to have the opportunity to sing Kajiura-san's song for the first time.
This song is sadly cherry blossoming breath, pure and beautiful everywhere so that it can not be repaired, it is a song that I love just by listening. I hope sadness, despair, kindness, love and all that I can express in my voice can live in this song.
I'd be happy if you got it to everyone, and I'm happy if I can color the world of "Heaven's Feel" with songs.

microsoft translator app said:
It is a great honor to be able to sing the theme song, "Fate/stay Night [Heaven's feel]"
I am very pleased to have the chance to sing Kajiura's song for the first time since [UBW] is not only involved in the Fate series. This
song is so sad that I have a cherry blossom breath, it is pure and beautiful so far that I can not be undone, it is a song that became
love only once listened.
I hope that all the sadness, despair, tenderness, heart, and all that can be expressed in my voice can live in this song. I would be
happy if you could get a little bit of it, and Ayare the world of "Heaven's Feel" in the song.

in nico ?

Hm, Hana no Uta sound kinda repeatitive, its basically the same melody no matter now long the sample gets ^^;

Last edited:
Hana no Uta seems like it's gonna be repetitive af unfortunately.... I'm a bit disappointed bc Aimer's voice is so unique and Kajiura could've done so many things with it. But instead, we get a repetitive song that is too high for Aimer's range :/.

Anyway, who do you think is the singer at the beginning of the PV? I think it's Remi but I'm not 100% sure if it is then where's Hanae bc she hasn't done anything with Kajiura in forever and I like her voice a bit better

if it is then where's Hanae bc she hasn't done anything with Kajiura in forever and I like her voice a bit better
All old vocalists (Yuri Hanae and Eri) were last heard in that Chinese movie LOTD for which the ost is never going to come out, I dont know what's gotten into Yuki and she uses Remi in all her projects now, it has started to get boring.

^ and on some Kalafina songs as well.

@grunty: No, zaregoto so far only has 2 tracks with vocals by Kalafina, even though its not impossible there will be something more in the full soundtrack.

Last edited:
I dont know what's gotten into Yuki and she uses Remi in all her projects now, it has started to get boring.
I agree. It's not like Remi's voice is bad, and I think it's cool that someone I've heard in Sound Horizon is now working with Kajiura, but it seems like she's replaced pretty much everyone. And for the type of sound she's trying to pull off most of the time (more of an ethereal sound), I think Hanae does a better job at it. Anyway, I hope that someone else will sing in this soundtrack, especially bc Yuri and Eri in addition to Hanae had parts in the F/Z OST.

I agree. It's not like Remi's voice is bad, and I think it's cool that someone I've heard in Sound Horizon is now working with Kajiura, but it seems like she's replaced pretty much everyone. And for the type of sound she's trying to pull off most of the time (more of an ethereal sound), I think Hanae does a better job at it.

This. Very much. To me Remi is not as "sweet" as Eri -Eri has a very siren-like quality to her voice- and not as mysterious and ethereal as Hanae plus she's definitely not as bombastic as Yuri. It doesn't mean that she's a bad vocalist because obviously that's not the case. It's just that Kajiura has worked with lots of great female vocalists and pretty much every vocalist already has their own type of sound to associate with Kajiura's works except for Remi. The fact that her tone is like inbetween Eri and Hanae doesn't help with her case because almost every female vocalists (e.g. Emily Bindiger, Kaori Nishina, Hanae Tomaru, Eri Itou, Yuri Kasahara, even the Kala-FJ girls) Kajiura has worked with before have their own unique tones that are quite distinguishable from each other.

The fact that her tone is like inbetween Eri and Hanae doesn't help with her case because almost every female vocalists (e.g. Emily Bindiger, Kaori Nishina, Hanae Tomaru, Eri Itou, Yuri Kasahara, even the Kala-FJ girls) Kajiura has worked with before have their own unique tones that are quite distinguishable from each other.
You forgot to mention YUUKA and Yuriko outside of the "girls". How dare you. jk

PS. Funny how all of those vocalists came way before KnK and formation of Kalafina/FJ. But that's a story for another thread again...

Back