Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [standalone OST March 27/2024, UBW/HF concert on 21-22/9/24]

Yes that sure sounds different than the Aimer i 've heard so far (she's more high pitched here), and more j-pop ish that usually.

The fact that the song is over 6 mins makes me worry.

Last edited:
Too short to really say much but I liked what I heard, if only for the fact that it sounds pretty different from usual Kajiura. I will say that Aimer seems to be struggling, like the song is just a little too high for her to comfortably sing.

I do agree she sounds more high-pitched and a bit off, but the rest of the song sounds pretty nice so far.

Kajiura, Aimer is clearly an alto singer. Don't make her sing in Wakana's range -_-

I wonder if the song was written first, and then Aimer was chosen to sing it. Maybe Kajiura had Kalafina in mind for the song, hue.

It's more fo a Kajiura thing, really.
The FJ song instrumentals don't really have strings In the background- maybe just 1 violin (most likely Konno). Only exception is Distance. That's why I mentioned Kalafina specifically- nearly all of theirs have a bunch of strings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see this; after all there's a bunch of strings in the background, which is characteristic of Kalafina songs (but not FJ)
Aimer used strings in Brave Shine and Last Stardust, and she actually uses them in a bunch of her anisons.

Are we actually certain that Aimer is the one singing this? Because that didn't really sound like her at all.

Yeah... it is a bit weird. Maybe too fast paced? But I know with Gabbie Hanna's new song Out Loud, she sings the verse in more of an alto voice, which is really nice, and then is higher and louder in the chorus. So I am hoping for the rest of the song to be good, I will have to wait and see.

It sounds like something meant for Kalafina, but I can't blame Kajiura for that since she's been working for them for like 10 years xD

That's definitely Aimer, but that vocal strain...ouch. Aimer only has gone up to C#5 in Anata ni Deawanakereba, and anything higher than that is probably too hard for her (the note in Hana no Uta is a D#5). No doubt, Aimer is a mezzo, so yeah, it's really hard for her to support a note that high. Heck, even Wakana never goes above E5 in her mix. Anything higher and she flips to headvoice.

Aimer also isn't the most technical vocalist - she's too stylistic in her phrasing so it's definitely hard for her to sing that high.

I worry about how this will sound live if she's having this much trouble in the recording. I like Aimer's singing, but her live performances can be a little screechy.

I know Kajiura has said something about not being as experienced with working with low mezzos/altos but at the very least she could've just lowered the key so that it's much more comfortable for Aimer. Especially since, as @Kirito said, Aimer is a lot more stylistic rather than technical, meaning she probably won't sound as strong on the high notes.

Back