Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [standalone OST March 27/2024, UBW/HF concert on 21-22/9/24]

^ since we talk about "trying to figure out" what about the "Girls at Work" anime, i think some menthioned it in forum before.

@george1234 I've always been under the impression that studios try to bring back the original composer whenever new entries in a series are produced. I don't now much about fsn, but HF is part of that series right? In which case, I'd think ufotable would him back; especially considering the fact that the series finished airing just last year. It's not a big deal, and I don't hold it against ufotable.

However, I think hiring Kajiura is a bit of a publicity move, which is why I think the decision is a little shady on ufotable's part.

About Girls' Work, I don't think anyone should be getting there hopes up about it. It's been years since we heard anything. That being said, I'd love to see Kajiura work on that since it seems really different from anything she's touched in recent years.

Yea, Girls' Work is like in the usual TYPE-MOON limbo. Tsukihime 2/1remake, anyone?

As for Kajiura/Fujisawa and HF, I dunno - perhaps they are really trying to go for "sequel to Zero" more than they did with UBW. Or maybe they are trying to differentiate the two routes. Or they really wanted Kajiura for UBW and she wasn't available. Doesn't matter to me - Fujisawa had a good run with UBW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, Girls' Work is like in the usual TYPE-MOON limbo. Tsukihime 2/1remake, anyone?

As for Kajiura/Fujisawa and FN, I dunno - perhaps they are really trying to go for "sequel to Zero" more than they did with UBW. Or maybe they are trying to differentiate the two routes. Or they really wanted Kajiura for UBW and she wasn't available. Doesn't matter to me - Fujisawa had a good run with UBW.
From what I've read, HF is pretty dark compared to UBW, so maybe they are trying to go a different direction. Although, fukusawa wrote a really dark and eerie score for Flowers of Evil, so I still think he could have done HF just fine.

HF will be all new, the arc hasn't been covered before.

And yeah, Kizu was announced what, 2010 originally? Surprised the first part's even made it out, and I suspect the others will be delayed.

The series felt rushed, at least in the second season. We don't talk about the DEEN movie.

The series felt rushed, at least in the second season. We don't talk about the DEEN movie.

It never felt rushed to me (not a VN reader) - I actually thought the 2nd season of UBW dragged like hell when I watched it weekly - especially Shiro vs Archer being split across 2.5(?) episodes. (Mind you, I did enjoy it when I rewatched it in one sitting later.)

I still have enough faith in ufotable (and movies not having a set running time) to hope that they can pace it nicely. Of course the director being responsible for recalled out summer does raise my eyebrows... Then again that was such a pointless addition to the original Kara no kyoukai series. We will see. ;)

As for expectations for Kajiura's work... well that's a little different - I am totally prepared to be hating on it. ;)

@george1234
However, I think hiring Kajiura is a bit of a publicity move, which is why I think the decision is a little shady on ufotable's part.

Not publicity, if they wanted publicity they could get Hiroyuki Sawano or Yasuharu Takanashi or something. Its because they like her.

I dont remember the sales of her standalone OSTs back in the days but im sure they arent exactly high, otherwise they would still release them standalone. Most of Kajiura's out-of-Japan popularity (if you meant that) is because of us here, and later the facebook pages, and of course the will of Aniplex to export the anime she works on, and Kalafina.

btw, The music of the recent HF PV seems to be Fukasawa's as "20. Arata na Yoake_UBW Extended" from OST 2 of UBW has similar melody to the PV.

What? Kajiura is definitely a big name in the anime community. Her music may not be as popular as Sawano's, but anyone who has watched anime in the last 10 years knows her name. At the very least she is more well-known than Fukusawa.

I'm not denying ufotable likes her, and I'm not saying Kajiura lacks the chops to pull out a quality soundtrack; I just think they wanted to attach someone well-known to the project to add that extra hype. Otherwise, I see no reason why they shouldn't use fukusawa's again. He has written for dark stories before, and he was already familiar with the narrative materials from fsn. ]

^ was just saying that before madoka goes out of japan her fanbase was half of what is now. Before aniplex she was working on something and was becoming known thanks to piracy. There was no ability to obtain her music or the anime if you didnt get it from japanese webstore.

Sawano is insanely popular after AoT people just keep saying how "epic" his music is even though its so samey thst you can copy a bgm from AoT and paste it to kill la kill or Aldnoah Zero and fit perfectly. I mainly like his german insert songs. Also he gets many stanalone osts which is weird nowadays

Yeeeeeesssss! I was waiting for this, or rather, something to be announced! Ahhh. I mean, we got Boku, and that was fine but it wasn't her greatest work. There was room for potential in it, so I am having high hopes for this. I personally liked the F/Z soundtracks. I am with george about UBW's music. Even though it was arranged of the two series' soundtracks and some new, it didn't have the same finesse as the other two soundtracks did. I am hoping for Kala, but not for Sayuri, although it would be her arrangement too so we might get actual instruments so it'd be okay I guess. I'm hoping for someone new too, maybe Minami Kuribayashi or Aika Yoshioka (did the Hakuoki themes) would be so awesome. I think a Kala ending theme would be good, maybe a Keiko ballad?

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSS :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Her work on Fate/Zero was really good imo, so I'm looking forward to her producing a (hopefully) somewhat similar equally good if not better soundtrack. As for the ED song (there may not be an OP since it's a movie, ex. KnK movies), hopefully either Kalafina or Aimer can do it. Possibly even FJ.

Just imagine... Aimer x Yuki Kajiura. That would be epic.

I guess I should be happy to hear about a new project, but considering this is another "dark" show, I'm not too excited.

I also think it's really shady of ufotable to ditch fukusawa like that.

Or he simply just didn't want to come back. He might have something else lined up, might want a break. I don't really imagine Kajiura was attached for name recognition to a franchise with plenty already and even if it was a ploy by Sony to push more CDs it would be simple enough for them to bundle the OST with Blurays which they already do for their series.

^ I shall remind that there were some people that found that the Madoka sountrack wasnt that great either, and there are some that consider Bokumachi as great ost too. Sits more personal taste rather than facts.

off-topic but looks like that they make Fate-Zero version for the Grand Order game too, and there's a CM out that uses "on the battlefield" as BGM.

https://twitter.com/ufotable/status/726078115819069440
Fate/Grand Order―コラボレーション「Fate/Accel Zero Order」配信開始されましたね。弊社にてCM映像を制作致しました。お楽しみください:) 映像リンク

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff52-g00L-Y

@george1234 Are you saying that they're making a Fate/Zero version of Fate/Grand Order, or that they're using/remixing some of F/Z's OST for it?

Still off-topic, sry.

I dont know but that's the impression if got from the title twitted which is Fate/Accel Zero Order
if you watch that CM it reminds a certain scene from FZ but there are more characters in there.

Remi. Eh. I dislike whatever they are doing to the background art.

Also I'm guessing it's going to open around Fall since they have no date...

Back