Yuki Kajiura music for Lord El-Melloi II

just now giving this ost a listen oops
  • i think the opening track may have set my expectations too high for the rest of this....
  • deep in thought is literally regret (petite cossette) revamped but I'm not mad about it
  • ok actually I appreciate this ost just for all the cello/viola
  • i really like let us play the game and idk if it's just because it reminds me of manazashi and kokou no hito from hta??
  • honestly a lot of these tracks give me fate x petitte cossette vibes (minus the harpsichord which took me back to vampire knight and the peppy xylophone or whatever which is just meh)

i think the opening track may have set my expectations too high for the rest of this....
Same, but my high expectations were set by episode 0. I was expecting more baroque-clasic inspired music, and, I dunno how to call it... detective-ish? music like Deep in thought and The matter is settled anyway. And some baroque Hanae songs. Her voice is literally perfect for baroque.
Disc one is the strongest, and the one with the most quality songs.

am I the only one who thinks they sound similar? (more structure-wise than anything i guess but still)
I don't really hear it, hue. Not even structure wise.

I don't really hear it, hue. Not even structure wise.
lol well, the moment I heard deep in thought I was like "there's another song like this!" and regret was the closest I could find with minimal searching

Curious if I'd think differently about it 2 years after episode00, I took the CD out for a re-listen. Oh boy...
Maybe I wasn't in the mood for this amount of samey melancholy but it's even worse than I remembered. So dull. So monotonous.
How I had a positive response to "we call him heartless" during the actual show, I still have no idea.

I saw they are launching a new novel series for Adventures of Waver-kun but I hope no Kajiura anime sequel comes out of it. I guess I'm the Fate counterpart to @Azokad and their feelings about SAO. No mo' Fate.

You mean the whole soundtrack ? I remember disc 1 was really good but boy dis 2 was such a let down, l like almost 0 tracks from it.

You could cut it down to ~11tracks with mostly ep0 and a few other tracks and it would be decent if you're in the right mood. In which I guess I wasn't just now because all of it felt really drab.

Yeah tris project was a let down for sure. Here’s hoping Kajiura is done with fate now that Heavens Feel is over.

I think the only thing from El Melloi II which I'll be going back to every now and then is actually Hibari.

Edit: And mebe closing the case.

Last edited:
yas more chance of ASCA x Kajiura I love Hibari lol

+TROYCA then such a queen behavior :whip:

@george1234 what makes u think there's no possibility of new music? SAO extra edition has new ones lol

Last edited:
Back