Yuki Kajiura music for Lord El-Melloi II

Oh nevermind... it's just the ed...

The instrumental is lovely though. No ASCA but Hanae is present. ^^ I don't know if I'd prefer it fully instrumental/off vocal or this way but it's lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow closing the Case was actually the ED from ep 0 :)

funny how this turns out to have more ambiance tracks than SAO Alicisation lol

ED single on HnA. Really like the instrumental :) I think Kajiura is one of the few composers whose the songs' instrumentals are often better than the songs themselves, i guess its due to her experience with soundtrack-making :) Also is been ages since we had acoustic guitar on a Kajiura jpop song.

Last edited:
speaking of durations, just noticed that Hibari and from the edge have the exact same duration, and yet hibari is so much more listenable because of careful composition and arrangement, but one cant listen to many times to from the edge :)

I'm sure there are those who would find Hibari very repetitive and annoying to loop.

i find from the edge just as much repeatitive. I guess hibari's instrumental helped to appreiciate it. At least it has different choruses unlike from the edge which goes "cry/pray/fight for the future from the edge of darkness" like 3 times within the song.

Also this is the first time that a song gets named from the chorus lyrics and not that actual lyrics lol

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av66620243

So yea, so far ep00 tracks are pretty gud.
I even enjoyed chasing the enigma. I liked how the cellos joined in after the violins. Also gitaaaa which I didn't remember from the show or the game... but I'm forgetful...
I'm so useless should've just been the last keyboard part and I would've been like "great". Those strings do nothing for me. But hey, throwback to Zero... Was it?

Moving onto the new stuff:
.... I have found something. What was that? Like, it sounds like it could've been cool... but then it ends.
... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz strings in a small happy ending.

Yeah... this will sound silly but I wish they split the 2CD with ep00 music on disc1 and the TV series music on disc 2. Welp, onto the real disc2...

heartless was okay. expected to enjoy it more from the show
searching for the solution was the most boring background track she's done in ages. Alicization spoiled me. on the flipside, I enjoyed ominous premonition and an evil design more than I thought from the show.
Disc2 is very forgettable so far... I mean, the tracks would've been okay if there were some standouts every now and then but there's not really any to me...? A lot of the tracks feel like intros... and then they end. Including the Rail Zeppelin despite being 2:40... bizarre.
Now they are magicians is my kind of cheese. :D My fav from the tv series part so far... but then it also just ends... lol.
let the sadness was okay, I mean, it made sense but same old melody on an already pretty boring disc.
magic power was literally nothing. out of control wall of strings with gitaaa.
no time left to win i could swear is from Zero but I can't be arsed to go check. I thought it was deliberate in episode1 intro but then they used it in other places...
the decision to keep going was okay, was it an arrange of something that came before? tender smile was alright for what it was as well.

Okay... so learning from @wat11, if ordinal scale was a generous 1/5, I'd say El Melloi episode0 BGMs (cd1#02-10,13,15 + cd2#21) would be maybe a generous 4/5 while the tv series part maybe a 2/5 (cause after relistening there's still some single tracks I kinda enjoy...). I hate rating/ranking shit, because afterwards I start thinking of other things that I'd rank higher and want to lower rating on this one lol...

tldr: Still can't believe Alicization was the good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Kajiura has once again this magic thing in her soundtrack where you cant stop listening from sec one till last sec of every track im on track 14 and im very happy with what i hear. This ost also has the very rare but weirdly matching combo of flute + e.guitar. Review later :)

(How) did you download da ost ?
Is there any non-torrent link ? direct download ?

Last edited:
Back