Yuki Kajiura music for Lord El-Melloi II

I’m liking the sound of the op, it’s chaotic and energetic. Can’t say the same about the ED unfortunately. Hopefully the official version is better.

On the ED i think i heard Remi on chorus or is it yuriko again ?

OST and ED single release on the same day !

Last edited:
The ED sample was just a bit repetitive for me, that’s why I’m hoping the full version is better.

The ED sample was just a bit repetitive for me, that’s why I’m hoping the full version is better.
That's fair, and probably that's how it will be for the whole song, lol.

On the ED i think i heard Remi on chorus or is it yuriko again ?
Doesn't sound like Yuriko but I'm only listening on my laptop speakers... so... I guess either Remi or Hanae?

Last edited by a moderator:
ED and OP file is also "ED_01", "OP_01". Maybe the _01 was added after resizing the picture to not overwrite lulz.

The show seems to be confirmed for 13 episodes (+0) as of now.

Ah, only 13 episodes ?

But they said that a first half would be a prequel to the manga series that would be the second half. I thought it meant 13+13 episodes but not..
This is also surprising for a TROYCA anime.
More surprising is a long 2CD soundtrack (I expect 1h30 - 2h), though it already happened for short shows such as Kubikiri Cycle.

On the other hand, the last track "closing the case" could mean what it means: the end.

This is also surprising for a TROYCA anime.
Is it really? I mean, seems like they had 2 longer shows, 2 single cour ones and then there's idolish7 with a weird 17 episodes aired lol.

Anyways, yea - the Blu-rays for El Melloi seem to confirm episodes up to #13. I guess there's a chance they announce more later... but as of now that's all. v( '')v

I highly doubt there will be 2 OSTs, its a pretty long set which is 2 Discs to begin with. Its going to be yet another compiled set like PriPri and Zaregoto, which means I'll prob buy it even though I'm broke.

So far the music shows promise imo, I like the non-overblown style of the ED.

This type of show is basically a promotion for the manga, and web game or whatever, so 26 episodes is a stretch. The way the industry is moving is towards more smaller 1 cour shows, OAV, and sets of films due to the cost/risk ration favoring new properties rather than potentially failed longer works, due to the public's tastes being so fickle. Fate is great for this since you can basically spin off 100s of side stories to sell games to the people married to their phones.

Violin solo? In MY Kajiura OST? They're finally coming back! Sounds crazy and chaotic. I like it, though I was kinda hoping it would be more baroque-ish like the bgm we've heard so far. Hopefully the rest of the OST is like that.
The ED sounds like it could be good. Didn't Kajiura describe it as a dramatic ballad? Sounds pretty mellow so far. And it sounds like Hanae at the end.

Woah I just realized, this is another summer release. KajiSummer strong!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really really like the ED :love: Reminds me of Sandpiper and somehow some parts remind me of Chiaki's voice for no reason(must be the LQ headphones idk)

As for the OP... I think I need to listen for the full ver. / w/ the animation to say I like it but for now it's not impressive

I'm liking what i hear so far. The ED is kinda repetitive but I like the "swaying" melody. The OP is nice too. Am really excited for the anime because I liked Waver Velvet the most from f/z. I know I'm weird.

Kajiura please ditch aimer and work with ASCA instead for the 3rd HF movie.

The OP in the teaser may be the first part of the song. This melody appeared twice in the live and I thought that the atmosphere of the song during its second appearance was more intense and faster.

Anyway, Konno's live performance sounds much more better than the recording. I think most of the FBMs play differently in the live, in a much better way, flaunting a lot of their techniques. (The instruments with the most difference sounds, IMO, are flute and accordian.)

I like the ED melody. It sounds like some Kalafina's mid-tempo ballads that led by Wakana. The melody sounds promising and beautiful, but right now, I can't judge the whole song. Some of her recent vocal tracks sounds nice only on some parts and I didn't fall for the whole song (From the Edge is one of them).

can somebody say this to Kajiura :

STOP THIS MADNESS WITH TRACK TITLES IT'S AWFUL AND PETTY!! have japanese if you will or M01 like KnK but having four five osts with similar track titles is abhorrent

otherwise I like both op and ed. promising.

^ I disagree but I guess each to their own.. I can't stomach the tracks having similar names :(

you were my king made me absolutely furious for example.

what else had similar name ? the "small happy ending" and the "quiet and restless place" and "tender smile.."?

i think the ones going by "she/he + verb" are worse. And are we sure its her that names them ?

Back