Yuki Kajiura music for Lord El-Melloi II

She's never worked with the sound director, Jin AKETAGAWA before so the soundtrack mite b cool.
Looked up that name and he did some really good shows as far as sound/music goes. Just make the music louder for the actual show in July ffs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting! From the PV it kind of reminded me of a Cossette/Madoka vibe. I like it a lot. (Kitty!!! Now that I have a cat I notice more kitties too. heh It almost looks like Black Butler.) I am interested in this. Hopefully nwanime will get it also. Thanks! Yeah, that is a lot of works, after almost nothing for a year. I guess she really did take her time with the soundtracks like she said she was going to do, which is great. I wouldn't mind then so much if there is some of the usual style, if the rest is original.

^ I liked the strings until 14 sec. There was cello and the strings had a melody that was not usual for Kajiura works.

Eh, it starts like it would fit with any other Kajiura Fate. It's okay but I only cared for the last part from the BGM.
I worry that the whole thing's going to be more serious and strings based than I had hoped.

I’m more optimistic about this than Kimetsu no Yaiba. The first episode had a good amount of instrumental variety, and I liked the general direction she seemed to be going with the music. As long as the show avoids being overly solemn I think the ost will be nice. The track that played during the credits was already more enjoyable than anything she’s done in the fate franchise thus far.

Kimetsu no Yaiba #01 made me want to rewatch this and I'm glad I did. I still think the BGM is waaay too low but I'm so much more excited for this OST and show than Kimetsu after watching the first episodes of both. Even the chase BGM didn't bother me this time around.

Im rewatching it too. First time i had watched with external speakers and somehow now that i watch with headphones the music is alot more clearly audible (funny how i bought them for just 20€). BGM of PV 2 is the 3rd bgm that plays in the episode. I suppose there is no way to record how music is heard from headphones ? (they are gaming ones that have mic cord too)

Thanks grunty!

Ι was wondering how come she didnt compose for FGO yet considering that she is literary melting on that game XD, good to see its now happening, even if indirectly.

Loving bgm 1 and and bgm 3 has tsubasa vibes, kinda like slipstream but more jazzy. Are we sure bgm 4 is by Kajiura ?, this midi sound isnt usual for her, nor the melody resembles.

I think she should seriously consider composing for a game again

Last edited:
Ι was wondering how come she didnt compose for FGO yet considering that she is literary melting on that game XD, good to see its now happening, even if indirectly.

Not the first time tho. I remembered you're the one who posted f/z and knk collab which they obviously used her ost. She's like a guest composer in fgo due to these works which can be found in credits.

Anyway, ASCA for ED
https://twitter.com/ASCA_and_staff/status/1122440368178569220

Back