Yuki Kajiura participates in DEEMO THE MOVIE | OST and nocturne EP on Feb 23

Elicia

Sailor Yuki
Hello, it's been some time since I've been here, but I'm here to bring some news(and yes I decided to log in and post this on the forums too):
Yuki Kajiura participated in DEEMO THE MOVIE

(From around 1:20 you can hear the Kajiuran; the music before that is a variation on a track from the original game.)

You can check her name in the video above and also at the staff section here:
https://deemomovie.jp/en/index.html
DEEMO is originally a rhythm game by Rayark. My guesses are that they will put the theme song in the game too later on.
For now I don't know if she composed only the theme song for the movie or composed some other songs too, but here it is anyway!

So random

Trailer looks like poo but as usual I’m glad Kajiura is showing up in unexpected places.

Also glad to hear Eri again, and the song isn’t too bad either.

Wow this is random, I used to play this game like nonstop a few years ago (still play the switch version occasionally, it's actually a really fun rhythm game).

Song is pretty nice as well actually, it's kinda jarring hearing such an obviously kajiura composition after that song from the game that im super familiar with and have never imagined associating with kajiura lmao

Kajiura giving us unexpected contents now that she was out in the cage :XD: Maybe I should download this hmm..

At this point anime industry really trust Kajiura can give movies/films decent/good ending songs. Wonder how many wasted opportunities she could do then when she wasn't busy doing singles/albums in sony-only content :spotlight:

Also glad to hear Eri again, and the song isn’t too bad either.

I'm hearing Joelle and maybe Kaori in harmony? :confu:

>Ponycanyon
>Production IG it's been a while hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that I was not expecting her name to be in the vid :XD:

Trailer looks like poo but as usual I’m glad Kajiura is showing up in unexpected places.
The mobile/Switch game is much, much better; I don't know why they used only 3D for this (Deemo looks OK but oh, the girl's hair...)

I agree that I was not expecting her name to be in the vid :XD:

The mobile/Switch game is much, much better; I don't know why they used only 3D for this (Deemo looks OK but oh, the girl's hair...)
Me too

anyway its been a while!!

Kajiura giving us unexpected contents now that she was out in the cage :XD: Maybe I should download this hmm..

At this point anime industry really trust Kajiura can give movies/films decent/good ending songs. Wonder how many wasted opportunities she could do then when she wasn't busy doing singles/albums in sony-only content :spotlight:

I'm hearing Joelle and maybe Kaori in harmony? :confu:

>Ponycanyon
>Production IG it's been a while hehe
Ah you might be right. The more I listen to the song the more I hear Joelle. Of course, my ears are not that great so I don’t really know if I’m just imagining that lol

Wow i really love that bgm ! Its like Joelle in place of Kasahara. 🥰 I think the piano track could be from Kajiura too as the melody is similar to the vocal part.this art style is kind of rare these days so i like it.will this anime be about the relationship between an ant and a girl ? 😅

Whoever wrote the trailer text needs to fix their english a bit.

I found this from 2 years ago if you want to spoil yourselves https://youtu.be/D5Q0T111nj8

On the credits screen at the end says "Theme Song: Yuki Kajiura" so the trailer bgm - maybe longer- is all we re getting probably 😥

Idk why but this girl reminds me of some Yuki chibi a forum member made before for Yuki Kajiura present 😆

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191116-080005.png
    Screenshot_20191116-080005.png
    1 MB · Views: 555
Last edited:
I think the piano track could be from Kajiura too as the melody is similar to the vocal part.
If you're talking about the track before 1:20 then it's an arrangement of this song(from what I remember it's the first song you get to play when you start the mobile game):
Dream by Rabpit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gsvE4Dy28o
...but maybe, the later half of it could be arranged to resemble Yuki Kajiura's track? :confu:
Or may be rearranged by Yuki herself even?

If you're talking about the piano near the end of the vid it sounds like part of the vocal track IMO

[Edit]
Oops! By " later half of it" I meant the later half of what's heard before 1:20.
For me, the song after 1:20 sounds like Yuki's original and non-related to Rabpit's Dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm so maybe she was just tasked with the arrangement and lyrics of the bgm, not composition. Its still really lovely :))

Looks like odds jobs to me lol: 1 song here, one arrangement there, nothing project-like so far apart from the known stuff. Event though this does help to make her name known.

Last edited:
I found this from 2 years ago if you want to spoil yourselves
Oh and the 2D animation you posted isn't a movie attempt; it is a vid with all the cutscenes from the PS Vita version of the game(Last Recital)! It's an unofficial upload and has little connection to the official movie(though it will prob. have a similar storyline).
You may have to change the info post on the main site...Sorry for not notifying this earlier :orz:

Haha thanks. It confused me because it had credits at the end. Yes its gonna be the same thing with some filler in between and slitely different music.

So from what i understood, both her bro and her died in car accident, bro ended up in a castle transformed into an ant and she somehow also appeared there later. Also a split image of her was already there as that masked girl. Split image doesnt want her to leave the castle and once she goes back to surface, she tries to find way to get back to it, finds pieces of the mask, but it disappears ?! (kinda pointless plot?!)

Oof Joelle sounds lovely~ Harmony is Joelle too, btw.
Sad that it's only theme song. But it's interesting that it's in Kajiurago, and not in Japanese or English.

Talking about the cutscenes vid
:XD::XD:
I...can only say that only a few points of this summary are right. I won't tell you which, though! :plot:
Maybe playing the mobile game(which is the original) will let you see why the game with......a giant ant is "critically acclaimed"(quote from the movie's MV)

Cool. But is it popular enough to get a release or are we and Joelle waiting for FICTION3?

Cool. But is it popular enough to get a release or are we and Joelle waiting for FICTION3?
The game is quite famous but I truly dunno about how the anime will do & whether it will get a standalone OST(maybe it will depend on its sales?).
The game has its own OST album series(plus they have a separate piano arr. album for the game), and IMO they will update the theme to the mobile game later on, so in short, I guess there is quite a chance that the song will get a release but it's only a guess for now.

Just came back to ask, does the music after 1:20 really sound related to the music before 1:20?
Actually I'm not getting the connection here; the music after 1:20 sounds like Yuki's original and not any arr. of the song before 1:20.

Not really sure, but if you take the high notes of the piano in the 1st bgm they kinda recemple the singing melody in the 2nd bgm.

Btw Rayark is a taiwanese company :) and according to a video you need to spend around 150$ to get all the song packs on the mobile app while the Nintendo switch has all included for the 25$ game price

Last edited:
Back