Yuki Kajiura music for Lord El-Melloi II

I've got same vibes as storia, Mirai or cazador del amor. When Kajiura covers her BGMs, I don't get the structure of the song. I like it but I feel it messy....

Btw, again that Yuriko(?) Kajiurago BGM before the song only in the episode. Hmm...
There is also manten, vocal ver of "let the stars fall down" 😉 and marchen

Last edited:
Only adding to his point. :p
(But to be fair, let the stars fall down was a disjointed keychange fest in itself.)

The song has a very weird structure. Like it's just jumping between different parts from Starting the case. I liked the new parts though. I would've preferred an original song that included those new sections.
Unrelated, but ASCA looks kewl.
tho I heard 2-4 new tracks?
I didn't notice any new tracks.

NGL I'm relieved there's no new music here, lol. I'd rather have Kajiura get a new original show than Waver-kun S2.

Edit:
Interesting the tvsize has that little piece of musicbox/vocal from the PV at the start. I can't hear it anywhere in the full version. Guess it will be easy to add to the track once the BD is out.

What's that extra line of credit under Kajiura for the song?

Last edited:
The more i listen to this song the more i like it, and the MV is really well done. Its not the usual Kalafina "fast song, slow movement" style. It being partly like a live performance also helps alot. Also damn those Asca eyes 👁️👁️ 🥰

Just watched the episode and i think spotted at 2 new bgms (even though insignificant), first is when the tea scene starts and the second when that dude does the projection presentation. I ll get more specific once i see it on pc tomorrow. Also is there any info for 2nd special episode ?

So Touko does go out of her mess of a shop sometime 😂 Seems like El Melloi passed to her the smoking habbit. I think the only reference to KnK was her menthioning about replacing real bodies with dolls in the projection.

Lmao, El melloi rejecting that woman because he was Iskandar's fan 😅 does that make him a gay & widower ?

Last edited:
I didn't notice any new tracks.
oh tru tru my bad..Thought those banquet osts were kinda new and some OP arrangements lolz :orz: (just went to to listen to el melloi ost haha)

ASCA Song: Really love it. Absolute like when Kajiura do fast pace rhythm in that second part like hyakka/marchen. Small key change on one section fits with the mysterious vibe of the anime unlike some of the song she does. Lots of Yuriko thanks! minor nitpick? weirded with ASCA's lower register on the start of the song? not bad or smth tho....as for the mv.. they should have change her lying down position in some shots into sitting would be perfect no? but the photo/cinematographer did good job here tho? I never did get bored watching her. She pretty and knows her angle too :shy: Anyway this song is kinda difficult to sing right? :omgz: Please more ASCA x Kajiura collab in the future plss..But not tm related ofc lol...

Forgot to say it when song was announced:
Someone(probably aniplex production committee) suggested to Kajiura to "make the song(OP) into a song" hence the special ep. theme song lol. Even the author kinda surpised by that(means not his/her idea)

No but in the site where i watched it it has link for a second one but it might as well be an automated thing.

oh tru tru my bad..Thought those banquet osts were kinda new and some OP arrangements lolz :orz: (just went to to listen to el melloi ost haha)

ASCA Song: Really love it. Absolute like when Kajiura do fast pace rhythm in that second part like hyakka/marchen. Small key change on one section fits with the mysterious vibe of the anime unlike some of the song she does. Lots of Yuriko thanks! minor nitpick? weirded with ASCA's lower register on the start of the song? not bad or smth tho....as for the mv.. they should have change her lying down position in some shots into sitting would be perfect no? but the photo/cinematographer did good job here tho? I never did get bored watching her. She pretty and knows her angle too :shy: Anyway this song is kinda difficult to sing right? :omgz: Please more ASCA x Kajiura collab in the future plss..But not tm related ofc lol...

Forgot to say it when song was announced:
Someone(probably aniplex production committee) suggested to Kajiura to "make the song(OP) into a song" hence the special ep. theme song lol. Even the author kinda surpised by that(means not his/her idea)

I like the laying shots, tired of the sitting ones from the Kalafina MVs.

I wonder if the musicians shown in the MV are the same as the ones who recorded it. I can already see that the drummer is different just from the lack of cymbals smashing, but for the rest idk.

Pretty sure it was the director who asked for the vocal ver, since this is practically a movie, duration and structure-wise, just aired on tv instead.

Me too i want more Asca! I think the new Kajiura approach of composing for various artists instead of being stuck with a single girl group, is paying off since #1 we get less bored as fans, #2 she has more fun to compose for different kind of voices #3 she get more profit out of it since these girle are already well known and in LiSA case more than ever Kalafina was so its not just the Kalafina and Kajiura, #respective anime fans who buy the songs now but potentially also the fans of the other girls too (Aimer, Asca, Junna, shuri, LiSA) = 💰💰💰

Last edited:
1st listen: what..? (because it wasn't the structure I'd have expected)
2nd listen: why not... (feel like Kajiura didn't take the easy way out that would have been: new verse and "starting the case" as refrain. In fact it doesn't seem to follow this classic structure of a song). Still not really outstanding though. I prefer "Hibari" but Kajiura can't help but trying new things.

I like the drums entry. Please use such kind of drums in your bgm too! Sadly the song is missing the electronic sound from the first seconds of "starting the case", it could have been fun in the entire track here. Noticed the inclusion of "we call him heartless", but could have been more climatic. I miss the full Kajiurago interludes era. Nice to see instrument players in MVs, like in "wonderland", you can tell it's a work from a great composer. ASCA best girl ^^ Thank you for releasing the song and the full MV at midnight for the new year!

It is true that ASCA and Ayane share a very similar voice lol.

What's that extra line of credit under Kajiura for the song?
this one? 主題歌協力: 原田絵美 https://vgmdb.net/artist/36440

Like @grunty , good thing that the special didn't have any new bgm. We were expecting something for it during the recording sessions, and it would probably have been film-scored so... bleeeh. Let's be excited for a different reveal concerning those sessions.

I love the flute at "story" and the part after. It seems like different song. Like it was going to be in Asa ga Kuru instead. Oh well, I like it. It is like a forgotten Kala song. Which we knew she had a back catalog of. I like her voice a lot, it's haunting especially at the end. Isn't this song an instrumental in the show?

Also watching HIbari's music video. The chair and bird cages! It's like they took them from the far on the water set. heh I love the song. It's a little better in terms of music videos. Like, there's actually things happening instead of her just standing there singing. I love the feathers turning into a white dress visual.

You re right then. I hadnt attempted to use audacity on that song yet . Did you hear her even before the vocal remover ?

btw you forgot to "amplify" the audio :)

Last edited:
Back