"Yuki Kajiura Live vol.#17 ~PARADE~" June 18 - Aug 12, 2022

They ve done parallel hearts on the very first lives so bet its the same arrangement as back then maybe with Joelle in place of Wakana, hopefully it didnt turn into FJ-Kaori song too.

Some first things and thoughts about this first concert, might give more impressions after experiencing it one more time tomorrow:

1- Kajiura's goods designs are getting worse and worse every year
2- wtf with the flower stands: only 2! Where are the sponsors and the love?
3- Tokyo Dome City Hall is very enjoyable, from balcony 2 row 1 you can still see the white of the eyes of the girls when they look at you (okay, in your direction)
4- Liked Joelle's new style, straight haircut and maybe blackened a bit (or maybe it was the lightning since her skin also appeared darker to me)
5- Didn't spot cameras, will pay more attention tomorrow. Seems obvious that Fena and Vanitas Medleys will be the next uploads on Highway Star Youtube Channel.
6- They talked about Yuriko's release and yeah Kajiura only composed the first song
7- Kajiura joked about the fact that she still doesn't see any release date for FJ's album, since she's still doing it little by little......................
8- I though that the main girl's notes weren't super accurate this time unlike in 2019, especially Yuriko. The harmony wasn't that good.
9- Hanae Tomaru, however, was perfect. MVP.
10- Aimer was pretty accurate too and I think she had more presence on show. I mean, she just finished her Tour started early this year.
11- Not performing ALL Aimer's songs is more respectful to those who actually come for Kajiura
12- The crowd did miss some energy, no vocal greeting, no one standing, less clapping... or maybe it was a rule with the covid
13- Everyone seemed happy to be on stage, good complicity between the girls
14- Not intended: Kajiura's dress was caught with the mike wire and her seat, she had troubles to stand up for the final ovation.
15- The setlist looks refreshing, however as nothing was new it wasn't that exciting. I miss the premieres of KNY, El-Melloi & Fate in 2019.
16- What, it's already over?? There was like 1h50 of music, too much talking and total duration was only 2h40 when it's supposed to be 3h.
17- Special thoughts to @Kugayama, @Kagaribi no Hanabira, @MushiMushi and all the crew from 2019, not to mention my dear @NoxLila ! Missed you a lot.

I edited the above setlist because I forgot "take action!" somewhere in the Fena's "medley".

Next Round Tomorrow. Don't worry, I will try to give details for each track if it's worth.
Feel free to ask anything, then I would be able to focus and give better analysis!

I love that setlist!
I'm curious about parallel hearts, how was the arrangement???
It's true that this song hasn't been performed since vol.#12.
IIRC Joelle and Kaori as lead. Keiko and Yuriko did the harmonies.
Didn't hear anything special regarding the arrangement, could hear the drums and the bass a lot and not so much the E.G and piano. But probably the balance would be different after an encoding. Definitely no new part, solo, flute...
Until now my favorite version was vol.#11. I might prefer vol.#17 first part, vol.#11 final part.

Ugh, I was expecting Keiko to lead that particular song, mainly in the final parts of the bridges. Glad she got sore wa :love:

What is Sore wa from? I have never seen that song. Also love the setlist too! Want to see vice versa and inside a dream so bad. Love Joelle in both. I am glad she got to be in Parallel Hearts more than just background. Kaori did eternal blue mostly in the last live. I kind of wish there were all new songs, but I know they have to perform certain ones every time. I am curious about Asa ga Kuru, as it is a long song, but Aimer did well in vol 16 with the long songs. So I'm not too worried about it.

Also how was lotus? Hanae was there, correct? I best it was awesome.

Last edited:
What is Sore wa from? I have never seen that song.
It's the ending theme to Bokumachi/ERASED. Originally performed by Sayuri with a non-Kajiura arrangement.

11- Not performing ALL Aimer's songs is more respectful to those who actually come for Kajiura
I feel like on the next performance with Aimer they'll keep Asa ga Kuru but do the other 2 songs. ;p

Also how was lotus? Hanae was there, correct? I best it was awesome.
Yes and she nailed it.
This version doesn't include the usual live introduction that lasts about 3 min, hence the same duration as the original.
Obawo's percussions are also way more present as in the original, at least compared to vol.#7 and vol.#9, bringing back the ethnic feeling that was missing. Also no Wakana, less cringe. And Kajiura said that she's listening to it a lot.

Last edited:
Isn’t she looking cool here?
44B47461-D229-4170-BF83-89E812C979CB.jpeg

Last edited:
The wait for a decent quality digital profile picture begins. If they even change it.

So “paradish”.
Btw, I’m upset, she should open the concert with look, here comes the parade 😂 lol easy as pie.

It's the ending theme to Bokumachi/ERASED. Originally performed by Sayuri with a non-Kajiura arrangement.

I feel like on the next performance with Aimer they'll keep Asa ga Kuru but do the other 2 songs. ;p
I beg you = wonderland
Hana no Uta = same because is Aimer’s opening xd

Oh how was the new song from Yuriko btw? Any impression?

They really need to remove lotus in their performances no one informed her yet? lol

Last edited:
Oh how was the new song from Yuriko btw? Any impression?
The CDs I bought are not for me, so I didn't open them. Guess it's my forbidden fruit... or pandora box lol.
But I just found this preview if you want to spoil Yussef 👳‍♂️.

Who sang it? Yuriko or Joelle?
Joelle mainly, but most of the song accompagnied by the 3 other girls. Yuriko's voice was kinda prominent too.

The CDs I bought are not for me, so I didn't open them. Guess it's my forbidden fruit... or pandora box lol.
But I just found this preview if you want to spoil Yussef 👳‍♂️.
Uh. scatter is ass.
But Hitotsunagi is a new recording (an improvement over the original from this sample) and the Kajiura track is alright.
As a Yuriko stan, I wish I had those last 2 albums... alas... no dice... 2expensive2hard2get4thequality...

So, before every year's setlist-dude appears...

Day 1: 2022/06/18 | Tokyo Dome City Hall

1) everyday is a gift
2) the sea is never without a wave
MC1
3) vise versa
4?) take action!
5) time to sail!
6) what she was here for
MC2
7) Sore wa Chiisana Hikari no you na
8) fiction
9) inside a dream
10) lotus
MC3
11) inverse operation
12) le chasseur
13) mezame
14) Hana no Uta
MC4
15) I beg you
MC5
16) Asa ga Kuru
17) luminous sword
18 stone cold
MC6
19) parallel hearts

Encore
20) zodiacal sign
21) KNY medley (main theme~to destroy the evil)
MC7
22) sweet song
I'm so sorry, I had some confusion yesterday with the "medleys".
- "time to sail!" is before "take action!"
- MC3 is after "inverse operation" and there was "why did you kill our father?" before "le chasseur".

Back